bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update on my health  (Read 3368 times)

thewatchman

update on my health
« on: January 29, 2013, 04:04:47 AM »

When I introduced myself I said I had a stroke like event. The good news is it wasn't a stroke but an eschemic event. Apparently part of my brain was starved of oxygen when I stopped breathing during sleep. I should recover over the next 6 months. Thanks for your prayers. I shall struggle on and learn my lesson and die to more flesh.  8)

gregorydc

Re: update on my health
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:29:29 AM »

Thank God you are recovering! I will continue to pray for you brother.
Greg

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »

Hi thewatchman

I recall you mentioning this earlier and have often prayed for you and still do. I do pray that you will recover over the next 6 months if not earlier.

I'm with you with the lessons to learn and dieing to the flesh. It's a constant struggle but I believe it is one that will be greatly rewarded for. I share this with you my friend and you know that you have many others here who also walk with you in this struggle.

This passage is kind of how I feel:

2Co 5:1  For we have known that if our earthly house of the tabernacle may be thrown down, a building from God we have, an house not made with hands--age-during--in the heavens,
2Co 5:2  for also in this we groan, with our dwelling that is from heaven earnestly desiring to clothe ourselves,

So when we go through these things we can remember:

2Co 4:8  We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair;
2Co 4:9  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;

And when that happens we get to see the following passage happening and we can say it's all been worthwhile after all:

Jas 1:2  Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
Jas 1:3  for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
Jas 1:4  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

(Ha ha so awesome!)

Well it's great to be part of this family and we are all truly blessed. You're not alone my friend, may your faith be strengthened as you abound more and more in His wonderful love. I hope and pray you will be totally healed. I know you will be one day as will all will be.

God be with you all

Rhys

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:08:34 PM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:58:11 AM »

Apparently part of my brain was starved of oxygen when I stopped breathing during sleep.

this statement is scary.  just sayin.

i pray that whatever caused the starvation of oxygen to some part of your brain is known and treatable.  wow.

claudia

thewatchman

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »

sleep apnia claudia or obstructed airway (snoring)

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »

so possibly one of those masks for the face at night?  my nephew sleeps with one.  his 3 year old thinks it's cool looking.  but it does help my nephew sleep at night.

take care.
claudia

thewatchman

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »

I have one, but it needs servicing. Will look at doing that now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.