bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding the Male Psyche - not meant to be sexist -  (Read 5054 times)

Ian 155

Understanding the Male Psyche - not meant to be sexist -
« on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:42 AM »

This is a story which is perfectly logical to all males:

A wife asks her husband: “Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk,
and if they have avocados, get 6?"

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.

The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"

He replied, " They did have avocados"

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Understanding the Male Psyche - not meant to be sexist -
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:54:41 AM »

I have serious questions about my male identity, it took me about 10 times reading it before I finally got it.  ;D

Rhys
🤫

dodrill

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:33:25 AM »

Ian - that is super funny - Like Ray said - pay attention to ALL the words - especially the ones like 'AND' and 'IF'
or were they too close together for the male psyche?  ;D
Blessings

Gina

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »

haha!!

Gina

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »

I have serious questions about my male identity, it took me about 10 times reading it before I finally got it.  ;D

Rhys

That's because you would have never come back with 6 cartons of milk, dear. :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:51:12 PM »

So true. I would of just bought myself an ice cream and thrown the avocados out the car at people. Just the caring person I am. It's always good to give or am I missing something here. ;)

Rhys
🤫

Oatmeal

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »

Could this (in the story) be a sign of a man who hears what he thinks his wife says but has never developed the habit of listening to what she means?

Or is that idea about man-woman interaction not true?

I thought that I could thoroughly beat my wife in logical argument, and perhaps that is one of the reasons that I am now

Single Oatmeal 
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 12:06:24 AM »

Hi ladies
Another method that has worked for me after several years of training is to discuss the menu that is planned with descriptions of how the avocados will be used. In other words give the man a visual of what you plan to do with the avocados and what you plan to do if there aren't any.
It's all about communication and strict training of the male of the species. By the way it also works for little boys who are developing the male brain. Catch them before the testosterone takes hold.

Gina

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 03:20:31 AM »

;D

Ian 155

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 05:20:34 PM »

Could this (in the story) be a sign of a man who hears what he thinks his wife says but has never developed the habit of listening to what she means?

Or is that idea about man-woman interaction not true?

I thought that I could thoroughly beat my wife in logical argument, and perhaps that is one of the reasons that I am now

Single Oatmeal

Hey Oatmeal I see your point - some of us men that are still married should've been shot down long ago when you speak on matters of taking notice - i think that so called male,egotistical, arrogant, only listen with half an ear,all the time, is cancerous for a healthy marriage I stated paying attention now, 22 years along the road, imagine if I had done that sooner,  there was a time long ago when I went to get a loaf of bread ..... it got lost in the pub somewhere and I spent 3 days looking for the damn thing -
Oh the stupid things Ive done in this lifetime ....

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 05:35:20 PM »

I thought I had problems but losing a loaf of bread, how do you deal with something like that. To make it worse you lost it in a pub. I would of spent at least a week looking for it. Ha!  :D ;)

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.