bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 70 weeks of Daniel  (Read 9911 times)

Rito1980

70 weeks of Daniel
« on: February 02, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

have all the 70 weeks been fulfilled or is the last week yet to come? I have been searching if Ray ever did articles on this subject. From what i read in other places..the final week is very near and will setup the 7 year tribulation. Wouldnt that be something if Jesus returned in our lifetimes? :)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: 70 weeks of Daniel
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »

Here is a post I found about it. Might be of help

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3756.msg28441.html#msg28441

I think it would be great if Jesus did return in our lifetimes but I also feel it's also good if He doesn't because I know He will return at the right time. It's all in His plan and what a great plan it is. Too much for me to fathom.

Here is a bit where Ray mentions:

WHAT IS THE RAPTURE?

Rapturists believe that I Thes. 4:13-18 describes a resurrection which includes both the living and the dead uncircumcision saints only, long before the saints of Israel are resurrected at Christ’s second coming. That there will be such a resurrection as outlined in I Thes. 4:13-18, there is no debate among believers. The debate that has raged in religious circles for over a century has to do with the "who and when" of its prophetic fulfillment. Here are the two scenarios:

Who will be in this secret rapture (resurrection)? Some say only the Body of Christ which they claim is composed of Gentiles and a remnant of Jewish believers only. The Apostles and saints of Israel will supposedly be in a resurrection that occurs much later at a different coming or presence of our Lord Jesus Christ. Others believe the Scriptures show that ALL the saints (dead and alive, Jews and Gentiles), are vivified together at Christ’s one and only second coming.

When will this secret rapture take place in prophetic chronology? There are three popular teachings regarding when Christ returns. Many believe that the final seven years of Daniel’s 70th week prophecy are separated by thousands of years from the first 69 weeks, and that the last seven years of this prophecy are to be fulfilled beginning seven years before Christ’s second coming. This then, apparently, is to be seven years of trouble and tribulation. The last three and one-half years is regarded by many as the "Great Tribulation" (Mat. 24:21).

One camp teaches that the rapture will occur before the Great Tribulation and; therefore, are known as pre-tribulationists. A second camp teaches that the rapture occurs in the middle of the seven-year week of Daniel are known as mid-tribulationists. And a third camp teaches that the rapture occurs at the end of the Great Tribulation. They are known as post-tribulationists.

Rhys
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:24:33 PM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 03:04:42 AM »

John. I was just quoting some passages about it that i found. Just trying to add something. Clearly I have no idea what I'm doing. So I'm off.
🤫

Rex8

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 11:12:04 PM »

I am not being a smart arse..however am I in the right place.I found this on the 1st page.Is there even a discussion about there being a "literal" tribulation of 7 years.Are there going to be threads about who the Antichrist is and if wormwood is the meteor that is going to blot out a 1/3 of the sun .Did things change THAT MUCH since Ray passed(I hope not)....I'm getting a bit spooked ...

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 01:25:39 AM »

I am not being a smart arse..however am I in the right place.I found this on the 1st page.Is there even a discussion about there being a "literal" tribulation of 7 years.Are there going to be threads about who the Antichrist is and if wormwood is the meteor that is going to blot out a 1/3 of the sun .Did things change THAT MUCH since Ray passed(I hope not)....I'm getting a bit spooked ...

No, you're in the right place.  However, there is no 'sexier' subject in all of christendom (except how tithing brings you physical wealth, maybe) than end-times prophecy (which brings a fair number of preachers wealth).

Start with the Lake of Fire series and continue.  If that doesn't help, the forum certainly can't.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rex8

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 05:13:08 AM »

No, you're in the right place.  However, there is no 'sexier' subject in all of christendom (except how tithing brings you physical wealth, maybe) than end-times prophecy (which brings a fair number of preachers wealth).

Start with the Lake of Fire series and continue.  If that doesn't help, the forum certainly can't.

Thanks Dave .I've read all of that and unfortunately other folks also/I meant is the literal 7 year  tribulation with Satan being incarnate into the Antichrist and and the whole mythical drama even discussed as a  remote possibility of reality.Isn't that like wondering if God is going to fry people or slow cook them for eternity.. 

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »

Rex, I can only answer that it is for me...the mythical drama so ingrained even in the culture is similar to (but not equally evil) as a belief in eternal torment.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:54:42 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 02:39:12 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.msg29185/topicseen.html#msg29185

All these things take a lifetime.  We’re going to live "the seals."  A third part of the man died... that’s a third part of the man in us that is going to die, a third part of the carnality.  God works in increments, He wipes out some of the trees and then He burns some of the grass… what is the trees and the grass?  These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. And they are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues, they are all things that must happen in our lives.

You say, 'Well I don’t remember any trees being burned down.'  First of all, you won’t even know some of it is happening until it’s over.  Some of you will remember, I have this in my Lake of Fire Series: “And I was in the spirit on the Lord’s Day and I heard a voice BEHIND me as the voice of a trumpet and I turned to see the voice that spoke to me and being turned I saw…”  You won’t see some of these things until they are behind you.  You’re going to have to look behind you to see where you came from, to see where God has been taking you.  Some of us wouldn’t want to live tomorrow if we knew what was coming, you know.  Be thankful that you don’t know everything that’s coming.  Be thankful that you only have to take one day at a time.  You don’t want to know what every day has to hold.  Take it one day at a time as God presents it to you.

And there will come a time, when you can look behind you, as I can, and see where God’s been taking you all these years.  You’ll see it plain as day. I could sit here for hours and tell you all about it.  I can tell you about trees and grass and mountains coming down, I know what it means.  It’s all one, all this stuff.  Are you getting it?  It’s all one thing.  Whether you believe on Christ or enter the door of Christ or call upon the name of Christ or accept His grace through the faith of Christ, it’s all one thing.  It’s all Christ coming to you, living His life in you!

Rex8

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »

Rex, I can only answer that it is for me...the mythical drama so ingrained even in the culture is similar to (but not equally evil) as a belief in eternal torment.

Yes Dave I was just expressing my surprise that Revelation was being approached as a literal enactment of a global catastrophic events  and then addressed by responses as if that was true.

I agree ALL of Revelation is signified and none of it is literal events or people in any sense.It is simply(and infinitely complex) the "unveiling" of Gods salvation (Yahshua).

Gina

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 05:41:04 AM »

Deborah,

That excerpt you pulled out reminds me of that saying, Hindsight is 20/20 vision.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:51 AM »

Deborah,

That excerpt you pulled out reminds me of that saying, Hindsight is 20/20 vision.

lol....It is all one thing...

Ian 155

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.msg29185/topicseen.html#msg29185

“And I was in the spirit on the Lord’s Day and I heard a voice BEHIND me as the voice of a trumpet and I turned to see the voice that spoke to me and being turned I saw…”  You won’t see some of these things until they are behind you. 

Get Behind me Satan takes on a new meaning ...

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »

deborah, another forum member recently posted that same excerpt of ray's on the facebook group 'friends of l. ray smith.  it is one of my favorite explanations of this matter.  inspiring stuff.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 03:53:09 AM »

:) ~ LOVELY

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »

What is the address to access,  Friends of L Ray Smith face book?

cherokee

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:18:36 AM »

Here is the facebook link to Friends of L. Ray Smith.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/37312919548/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.