bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I want to go back to Babylon now! Why?  (Read 12022 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: So I want to go back to Babylon now! Why?
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »

I have no dog and don't want one unless it's a toy one.  ;D

there are toy poodles.  they are small and furry.  a dog could very well help with your state of mind.  and a dog can be better than a friend.  unconditional love.  well, as long as you feed them.   ;)  anyway, no worries rhys,  God has your back.

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 11:22:19 PM »

No to dogs, got some birds though (not the ladies the flying kind ;)). There not my birds they come inside from the garden. They don't seem to bothered with me, they just walk past me on there way to the kitchen to help themselves to crumbs. Well they don't leave lets say any of there "presents" about the place and if they want to clean up the place who am I to stop them. They don't seem too interested in me but I often talk to them. I'm not quite sure what that says about me, at least they don't talk back then I know I would have problems.  :D

Rhys the bird man
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 04:10:18 AM »

I go to church with my lady but only because she wants me to. It's her form of worship and time with God.

The church is very layed back, their form of worship is simply singing songs. It is by no ways orthadox and probably more along the lines of what you would expect from a 21st century church as far as being open minded etc.. but.. the preaching after the worship, the bible study portion, has the very orthodox undertones of "Christ dies for our sins, we are saved now, Christ saved us from hell. Repent so you can go to heaven etc..." though they try and focus on more everyday problems with their studies like how should we carry ourselves etc.. it still has the traditional undertones that have corrupted the church since ~300AD.

I find this part of the service very difficult to sit through...

I don't miss church.

I go to church every day but it isn't one made by hands. I know my brothers and sisters are there with me in spirit.

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

theophilus

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 05:50:07 AM »

Hello Rhys,

I think a lot of us who have come from a church miss one aspect or two once in a while. One thing I miss is the group worship (praying, singing). I've been back to visit. I was very welcome. On a couple of occasions the pastor told me that if I kept thinking this way that I'd go to hell. He told me that I questioned God too much; that we are not to question God. On another occasion that I visited, the preaching was, maybe coincidentally, on hell.

I remember I used to go with the pastor and two or three other brothers to a local AM radio station to read the Word and preach. I preached a few times myself. People would call and ask for prayer, and we'd pray for them. I preached at the church as well, and sometimes taught the Sunday School class for adults.

It is normal to experience this. After all, we are all weak. But our good Lord is working on maturing us. He brings these feelings out to the surface to show us what He must prune from us. It takes time. When it happens, just praise God and thank Him for being at work in you, for molding you into the image of His Holy Son. He's pruning you so you can bear more fruit.

Psalm 138.8: Jehovah will perfect His work in YOU Rhys!

God bless you brother.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 06:52:22 PM »

Thanks form your responses Alex and Roger. I guess I still find myself missing certain aspects of church but then there are a lot that I am glad to be away from. God's in control and he is dealing with me on this issue and I'm thankful that He is. Going through the fiery trials as I just mentioned on another post.

Blessings to one and all

Rhys
🤫

newgene87

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »

oh Rhys - you are speaking for me and to me!!! I understand exactly where you are coming from. Deployed to Afghanistan right now; they have church services out here and im hearing really good things about the services - i'm so tempted to go. Good singing, good fellowship, good "worship" and all that "good" stuff: but I know better. As others have spoken; It's hard sitting through "preaching" or "teaching" and hearing lies and gibberish and becoming really judgmental. Also at  home: i'm hearing such good news about the church I used to go to. It's so BIG, the "worship" experience is like a rock concert, the people are sooooo nice and kind, I'm so tempted to go to back there with my wife. My wife is not on this level of understanding of the scriptures but she LOVES church. So i feel obligated to go with her but I can keep my composure. Besides for her; I feel the "tug" to go myself just to get into the feel-good "atmosphere." Jesus words humbles me in that thought, "beware of false prophets, which come to you in SHEEP'S CLOTHING..." (Mat0715) - oh the calming beautiful SIGHT of SHEEP! I still find myself missing certain aspects of church too. I joined in a small study group in my barracks and they watched a sermon of Francis Chan and it felt so good and there really wasnt any contradiction in the sermon that he preached but i found out where he stands....just that calming sight of sheep is what makes me miss it. I'm praying along with you that God would humble us, console us, and strengthen us!

Ian 155

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »

I Paul "a prisoner of The Lord"  comes to mind "Resist" as well etc

I know you will see out your  sentence they all did - even though there were a few periods of time spent in spiritual Jails

BTW did you get lost up there in "Gannistan" ? ;D   No Signal ?

Ian

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 09:59:08 AM »

Deployed to Afghanistan right now; they have church services out here and im hearing really good things about the services - i'm so tempted to go.

I finished up my service in 1995 as a chaplain assistant.  Even back then the chaplains were dissuaded from praying in the name of Jesus because they (the military) wanted to be inclusive and didn't want to 'offend' and that right there soured me beyond belief.  And that was well before I believed that which I do now.  The military includes chaplains not so much for spiritual edification but to make the servicemen feel that killing their enemies is a righteous thing to do and that God is on our side.  Funny thing is that their isn't much different between that and whatever the Islamics call their spiritual advisor’s in their armies. 

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »

oh Rhys - you are speaking for me and to me!!! I understand exactly where you are coming from. Deployed to Afghanistan right now; they have church services out here and I'm hearing really good things about the services - i'm so tempted to go. Good singing, good fellowship, good "worship" and all that "good" stuff: but I know better. As others have spoken; It's hard sitting through "preaching" or "teaching" and hearing lies and gibberish and becoming really judgmental. Also at  home: i'm hearing such good news about the church I used to go to. It's so BIG, the "worship" experience is like a rock concert, the people are sooooo nice and kind, I'm so tempted to go to back there with my wife. My wife is not on this level of understanding of the scriptures but she LOVES church. So i feel obligated to go with her but I can keep my composure. Besides for her; I feel the "tug" to go myself just to get into the feel-good "atmosphere." Jesus words humbles me in that thought, "beware of false prophets, which come to you in SHEEP'S CLOTHING..." (Mat0715) - oh the calming beautiful SIGHT of SHEEP! I still find myself missing certain aspects of church too. I joined in a small study group in my barracks and they watched a sermon of Francis Chan and it felt so good and there really wasnt any contradiction in the sermon that he preached but i found out where he stands....just that calming sight of sheep is what makes me miss it. I'm praying along with you that God would humble us, console us, and strengthen us!

Thanks for sharing there Eugene. I'm so glad that my post here is speaking to you. I don't have much confidence in myself and what I post. I feel I'm a bit of an odd person that makes little difference. I hope you feel encouraged by other people's comments here as I know I do. I still get times when I am tempted to go back especially when I hear of certain things going on that sound good to me, well at least they use to sound good. Thing is God is not too far from any of us and I don't need church to discover my place in Him.

Act 17:27  to seek the Lord, if perhaps they might feel after Him and find Him, though indeed He is not far from each one of us.

I discover more and more of that special place we have in Him. I never found that place in church and I seriously doubt I would if I went back. I get your comment about being like a rock concert. They had a service once and it was like heavy metal for the worship. It was just awful, people jumping up and down and I was just standing there praying to God - you must be joking Lord that this rubbish has anything to do with worshiping You, this isn't you Lord and I know you. One of them once threw water all over the people in the front row, I'm glad I was up the back. I always stayed up the back so I could sneak out if I had enough. It's just a big show and I'm not clapping. If you really desire after God then this stuff just doesn't help. It never helped me. It's like they put bandages on your problems but you walk away and the wounds still remain. I use to have to spend time in prayer after church so I could feel close to God. Why would I want to put myself through that pain again. Would seem stupid for me to do so. I don't need some service to make me feel good about myself, what I need to do is to continue to humble myself before Him and trust that He is in 100% control and nothing will change that and His plans for me.
This is what God is doing in me in these verses:

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, do not be astonished at the fiery trial which is to try you, as though a strange thing happened to you,
1Pe 4:13  but rejoice according as you are partakers of Christ's suffering, so that when His glory shall be revealed, you may be glad also with exceeding joy.

God help me to keep my eyes upon You and stay the course and let this strange thing continue until You say it's finished.

May grace be with you all. Amen.

Rhys
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:02:58 PM by Rhys »
🤫

Felix

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 08:13:02 PM »

hi Rhys
This has been a great post. It seems that we are all going through the same things. I was
involved in church for a long time and I miss certain aspects such as fellowship. In fact
I think that I lost a really good friend because of my new beliefs.

For the last several years I've gone back to church a few times. My wife and I think that
maybe we can find a place that is not too spiritually offensive and give us some social
activity. Well, every time we go I say that this is the last time!

Several months ago we went to a church that had two pretty girls stand up front and
lead the worship service. I have nothing against pretty girls, but it's like high school
when we would choose the most attractive females to be cheer leaders. And ,of course,
the sermon was very forgetable. As I said, never again. Maybe I can stick to it this time.

Felix

Stacey

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »

I appreciate your contributions to the forum Rys and yes you are a odd ball,  :) just like the rest of us.

Just wanted to share a bit about my recent temptation to return to the church building with you. Yep, I was indeed tempted to go to church. They put up signs around town to draw us in and well, we did go and we even gave them money.

They had a fish fry yesterday and my wife and I couldn't resist the urge so we went and bought two plates.....to go! ;D
Stacey

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »

Thanks for sharing Felix. I'm with you about the certain aspects. I still hurt in certain ways and had friends that I don't have now. To be honest it kinda sucks but I seem to go deeper in the things of God so why should I complain about it.

p.s. That church sounds good with the pretty girls in. Ha ha and he he  ;D

Rhys
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »

I appreciate your contributions to the forum Rys and yes you are a odd ball,  :) just like the rest of us.

Just wanted to share a bit about my recent temptation to return to the church building with you. Yep, I was indeed tempted to go to church. They put up signs around town to draw us in and well, we did go and we even gave them money.

They had a fish fry yesterday and my wife and I couldn't resist the urge so we went and bought two plates.....to go! ;D

Good on ya. I hope you threw the fish at them. I could see myself doing that. And then I would cleanse the temple and push there tables over, just like Jesus did. He's so cool!

Mat 21:12  And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons.

They didn't sell pigeons by any chance?  :D

I better go now, I'm getting too exicited, this sounds too much fun.  :P

Rhys
🤫

onelovedread

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 10:43:27 AM »

I have to confess that I have 'visited' my old church a couple of times. Not for the teaching and definitely not for the deafening and often discordant 'praise and worship', but for the brethren, some of whom became real friends.
Funny thing about this church (coincidentally called Bible Truth) is that there are quite a few who know of Ray and are in agreement with him; except that they believe in the secret "rapture"; in 2 gospels - Peter's to the Jews and Paul's to the gentiles; in 'church'; and in rituals like communion and water baptism. The church is based on Knoch's teachings and widely uses the Concordant versions of the bible along with others like the KJV.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »

I have to confess that I have 'visited' my old church a couple of times. Not for the teaching and definitely not for the deafening and often discordant 'praise and worship', but for the brethren, some of whom became real friends.

I'm just curious, is there no other way you can socialize with these "real friends" except by going to their church?  I'm really posing this question to everyone who seems to be feeling some type of void because they no longer attend a church with people they've come to like.

Why not spend time with these people in other environments?  Invite someone over to your home, or go out for a meal together, or just make an effort to stay in contact with people you are fond of.  Personally, I have no desire nor any interest in going back to church during regular worship service.  I reluctantly go to church for funerals and I happily go to church for weddings! :)

René

Gina

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »

That's how I feel, Rene.   No desire whatsoever.   I suppose for some it's like an addiction they can't break--like my ciggie habit.  I just love that I don't have to go back to church and be all fake. 

"Oh, Hi!!  How are you!?  Yeah, It's so good to see you too! Okay, well, pardon me while I go pretend like I like being here.  I'll just be waaaaaaay over there near the exit."

I just felt like I had to always be "on."

onelovedread

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 01:21:44 PM »

Yes Rene. While there are other ways to socialize, it's more convenient to go and visit them at their church where I'm with them for a few hours, than to set up individual meetings with each one at different times, trying to coordinate differing schedules.
I gotta admit too that I'm kind of a boring homebody. When I get home after work or errands  I don't usually want to go out again (moreso since I have this limp from a bad back) especially during the cold Winter evenings.
I hear you, though Rene.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »

I bump into people know and then from my church days and usually have a chat with them on the spot. Some  I talk to longer like with a guy I knew from my last church, we talked for along time and laughed a lot, he is very funny, perhaps more than me if that is possible. He has the way of turning something rather ordinary and boring into something quite funny. He started talking about if I was going to church, so I mentioned a few things to why i wasn't going, he seemed to be cool with it. I think with some of my friends from church they talk to much about getting me back because of my musical talents and other stuff. I just turn the conversation on to something else. You know the sort of thing - How's your job going, what's so and so doing now. Some of them can become quite insistent so if that's the case it's time to say Byeeeee......

Rhys ;)
🤫

dean kevin heyes

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »

I feal your pain Rhys , haveing been dragged to HIS truth by gifts,revelations,visions and actions  and not being able to share or tell another believer for whatever reasons is tuff, at times I feel I am going to burst, I know things that made Angels weep and demons tremble and for over six months I have had to bottle it up, I tried once a while back to join a forum but was spamed for hateing Jewish people, because I told them zionism is not Biblical ? All I have to fellowship with is my 4 year old son, {as my wife has not bean gifted faith yet  :( } he tells me all the time that he loves JESUS and comes up with some pretty sound doctrin at times eg: I must have appeared worried ! so he says dont worry tatko/dad let JESUS worry and any way when we kaput/die we will go live in HIS house . know I am trying to write this testimony here on BTF you read my first instalment, I tapped out with my clumsy plumbers finger, took me over 5 hours   :(  , One has to admire L.Ray for his efforts  ???

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »

Hi Dean

Thanks for sharing. Takes me a while as well to get things out of my head and on to words here as well. I admire Ray to for the work he put in and how God used him, it's a constant encouragement to me.

My interest in church gets less and less and God willing I won't return. I don't mind walking down this path even if it's tough, well at least I'm on the path and it's taking me to the right place. I'm getting use to having to suffer through things and lean upon the Lord in those lonely times. It's a better place to be I reckon as I become more dependant upon Him instead of some church bandage over my problems but never ever heals. There's a greater place now I find in being on the forum and seeking after God. I still think sometimes it would be easier to go back to church but what reward is there in that it would only serve to take me right back to the place where I use to be and no longer want to be.

I now discover far more riches in Christ than I ever knew before so I will keep on with that journey which brings lasting peace and joy and sets me free, why shackle myself up again. There are things I now discover in Christ that bring such wonderful joy to me so why wouldn't I want even more when you have a taste of what He offers. If the cost is high then so be it I know it sure is worth it when God reveals His truth to you.

I was too fake last time in church and it scares me to think I will be like that again when I see the changes in my own life from being out of the church but into fellowship with the true believers. It's so liberating that I don't care about the hardship. I just want to move on in His truth and become all I can be in Him. That's what real life is to me and it's worth the pain, it's only for a moment anyway.

Blessings to all

Rhys
🤫
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.