bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Doctrine...  (Read 11886 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: New Doctrine...
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 03:40:34 AM »

There are so many names for God. Takes that many to explain Him I guess, but what do I know, for I speak as a fool who isn't so bright. It takes Him to speak through me to make any sense. Even then it's a struggle. Let me think now with everything I've been through. I could think of a few names that would get me banned ??? so I won't go there. I was awful to Him at times but then He always came through for me. I was sad and He made happy. I was in pain and He healed me. I was broken and He put the pieces back together. I was scared then I wasn't. I was alone then I wasn't. I was angry with Him and He loved me. I was finished and He was just getting started.

So listen all who wants to. How do I spell His name. Here goes - F R I E N D

Think about it. I hope you get it.

Rhys
🤫

newgene87

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 03:44:03 AM »

There are so many names for God. Takes that many to explain Him I guess, but what do I know, for I speak as a fool who isn't so bright. It takes Him to speak through me to make any sense. Even then it's a struggle. Let me think now with everything I've been through. I could think of a few names that would get me banned ??? so I won't go there. I was awful to Him at times but then He always came through for me. I was sad and He made happy. I was in pain and He healed me. I was broken and He put the pieces back together. I was scared then I wasn't. I was alone then I wasn't. I was angry with Him and He loved me. I was finished and He was just getting started.

So listen all who wants to. How do I spell His name. Here goes - F R I E N D

Think about it. I hope you get it.

Rhys

Love it. Actually brought tears to my eyes cause this is MY TESTIMONY!!

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 03:49:30 AM »

I did me as well when writing it. Also gives me a lot of joy. And I need plenty of that.

Bless you my friend

Rhys
🤫

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 07:08:41 PM »

This is an answer from Ray to an email on Jesus name.
Hi Ray,

I have learned alot from you and Lew White. My question is, what is your understanding of our creator's actual name and the name of his son. YHWH? Yeshua? My apologies if the answer is already on your page somewhere.

Keep the truth coming brother.

Jeff

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jeff:

FACTS:

The New Testament was written and preserved in GREEK manuscripts.

GOD said through HIS ANGEL, that HIS SON's Name should be called: "Jesus" [Gk: "Iesous"].

All of the Apostles called God's Son, their Lord, JESUS, the Christ.

God calls His Son, "My SON."

Jesus calls His God, "My FATHER."

Now those are the facts of the New Testament. Hundreds of thousands of idol worshippers call what I have just presented to you, HERESY. No, this is not heresy, but the facts of Scriptures.

God be with you,

Ray

But now with those out of the way, I come an issue (of sorts).

I have, through a search, found a couple of Webster's most proper names for most (not all) Bible Prophets, Apostles and The name for Jesus and God (who is sometimes called Jehovah).

Should I now (seeing that I have a good Idea of what God and Jesus' name is) continue to use these translated words? or Should I use the Hebrew Name?

While were on the topic of consistency, How Does Rotherham and Concordant Render their Names?

To make a rather long story short, is it okay that I use these "translated" Names in Prayer? or should I use the Names of The Hebrew and Greek.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, rude, impolite and such is not intended.

Ps: yes I understand the response of your last letter dealing with Faith and how it's impossible to permanently lose grace.

[Ray Replies]

Jeff it is good to know the MEANING of Greek and Hebrew names, but when it comes to how one pronounces them, that is sheer folly. I have groups virtually make a NEW RELIGION out of how we pronounce and spell the names and titles of Jesus and His Father.

Translating "aions" into English "eternities" COMPLETELY changes the meaning of the original word. Calling Jesus by His Greek, Latin, or whatever, as opposed to how His name is pronounced in Hebrew proves NOTHING. And certainly is NOT a sign of spirituality. Besides most of the population of the world who is familiar with the KJV wouldn't even know who you are talking about. Paul became ALL things to ALL people that he might gain some.

We can even call God the Father "Pappa" if we want to, so give me a break!

Now those are the facts of the New Testament. Hundreds of thousands of idol worshippers call what I have just presented to you, HERESY. No, this is not heresy, but the facts of Scriptures.

God be with you,

Ray

Walk in the Spirit

Rex8

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 03:29:20 AM »

Yahshua clearly said the Father and Yahshua are One ...Yahshua clearly said The Father revealed to Peter who he is.The Spirit of God is our teacher . There are many examples like this ALL through the scriptures .If all you can do is falsely accuse and not understand the clear truth you can't  be helped.

paulfisher

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 06:44:10 AM »

From Ray...

Dear Michael:  I am glad that our material is helpful to your understanding of the Scriptures.  Have you not wondered why it is that I do not use what you call the names or titles of the Almighty from the Hebrew?

That's because these so-called sacred names are not inspired Scripture.  The Name of our Lord and Saviour is "JESUS," not "Yeshua" as virtually all Internet sites will try to convince you.  I will be going into detail regarding this Name in my future paper: "Solving the Enigma of God."  So I'm afraid I will have to decline your request to change the Name of Jesus throughout all of my papers.  Also, just what do you think the Name of Jesus' Father is?   Jesus said He came to glorify His Father's Name.  Well, WHAT IS IT?  Think about it.  How many times does Jesus and the New Testament writers make reference to the Name of God, the Name of the Father, yet not ONE of the so-called sacred name societies that criticize me for not using these sacred Hebrew names have a clue as to what the Name of the Father is as Jesus used it to glorify His Name.  So the question is, how are you going to use "The Name of the Father," in my writings if you don't even know what the Name of the Father is in the first place?

Is "Jesus" mistranslated?  Listen carefully now:  When the Scriptures tell us that Peter was "FILLED with the with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 4: stating, "Be it known unto you all, and to ALL THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL, that by the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH, whom ye crucified, Whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole...Neither is there salvation in ANY OTHER: for there is NONE OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN given among men, whereby we MUST be saved" (Verses 10-12), nowhere in there do you see the name "Yeshua," do you?

I know you only mean good by your request, but changing the name of Jesus, "the ONLY NAME UNDER HEAVEN" by which we must be saved, will not further your cause for the Gospel.  I hope this doesn't offend you.

God be with you,

Ray

Yahshua might be Hebrew for Jehovah (in English). Iesous is Greek for Jesus (in English). Perhaps if you were writing to us in Hebrew it would be Ok, although you're not.

Also, the salvation process is not infinite. I don't know where you get that.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:59:11 AM by paulfisher »

CEO

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »

Hi Paul

Weren't the doctines of no physical circumcision, no physical baptism, no weekly or annual sabbath introduced into the apostles' church age, this age, many years after the ascension of Jesus and the establishment of His church?

Askseeknock

Charles O

Revilonivek

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »

I think he was talking about the false doctrines already being preached during the apostles' and Paul's time. Other people were already corrupting one doctrine with their own version of it. The question is who and what were the apostles referring to and what Paul was referring to . I think we will never know for sure but there was clearly disagreements about doctrines in the churches of Asia in revelations. Who knows? I'm just tired of all man made religions and wish it never existed in the first place. There's so much fighting about which religion or doctrine is right or wrong. I just want peace. I look forward to that day when religion is abolished for good. Sorry I couldn't answer much or were much help  to your questions.

In any of the letters in the New Testament, was any new doctrine taught, or had all doctrine been taught during the authors actual presence among the new saints?

Paul
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.