bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: translations are they true or do we have a problem here  (Read 5975 times)

ez2u

translations are they true or do we have a problem here
« on: February 16, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »

First off I am not trying to start of debate on womans position in the body of Christ.  We all read the Word. yesterday i ran over this scripture verse in New International Bible and after some research I felt it had been terrible and i mean terrible missed translated!!!My question is this Earth do we have a problem here with some of the translations being printed out of our Bible!!!  I am not even going to share the translation. the question is good enough  peggy hopefully

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: translations are they true or do we have a problem here
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »

Yes they are problems with translations.

The original inspired writers were accurate in their writing of the Scriptures, but unfortunately not all of the theologians and translators through the centuries were as equally "close."

Hi Ray,

I read your "Which Bible is Best?" a new one, it is very good explaining. I have one question, you know modern's Bible like NIV, NRSV, NASB, etc. Do they have translate from original Hebrew and Greek manuscript? If they did, then they did not straightforward copied from original manuscript into English like "Hell", "eternal" are not correct translate. Just brief.

Thank you, Ray

God bless,

Brett

[Ray Replies]

Dear Brett:

Bibles are not translated by atheists. If they were, maybe they would be more accurate. But Bibles are mostly translated by Christians who ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY BELIEVE. And, as they translate, THEY WILL PUT THEIR BELIEFS INTO THEIR TRANSLATION.  When they see the GREEK word "aionios," and they want to translate it into ENGLISH they will always use the LATIN word "eternus/eternal."  They can't help it--THEY ARE DECEIVED!

The Old Anglo Saxon Bibles from 800 to 1000 AD used the English word "ece" for the Greek "aionios," and it meant "eonian"--pertaining to the ages. Try to find the English word "ece" in even a 2600 page English Dictionary. It is gone gone gone.  Make no mistake about it: The King James Bible is a LATIN BIBLE! And virtually all modern English Bibles are virtually clones of all the errors found in the King James.

God be with you,

Ray

Rhys
🤫

Extol

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »

Hi Peggy,

If you're feeling down about the female position, it might make you feel better to listen to Ray's message on Esther. I just listened to it again this week.  ;)

http://bible-truths.com/audio/M05%20DestinyOfWoman.mp3

Headdy82

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »

Yes the book of Esther is inspiring

ez2u

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »

no  i like my femininity  thank you this is about tanslations  that why I was fearful to bring the whole picture in the post   I show it to my husband he was shocked!  with disbelief and said he was sure it was in error ( the translation) what was printed.  Women would be saved through childbearing? 1tim:2  forget about the sacrificial blood offering of Jesus Christ all we women have to do is have babies?  interesting!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:49 PM »

wow what a great find John! Thank you for sharing!!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »

What Ray says makes much sense.

I consider how many women, especially today - for whatever reason -- cannot actually bear children at all.    (I have 4 sisters and not one of them was able to bear children; whereas yours truly got pregnant twice -- and both on the very first time.  How lucky was I?! ;) My jealous sister nicknamed me Fertile Murtle (i.e., unwanted Leah of the OT) but that's a different subject altogether. 

And there is scripture to this affect: 

For it is written: "Be GLAD, O BARREN woman, who bears NO children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have NO labor pains; because MORE are the children of the DESOLATE woman than of her who has a husband." (Gal. 4:27)

I hope that helps, Peggy.  God loves you.

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »

well i did have a lot of children 7 to be exact all mine and it did kept me on my knees.  but I will look deeper into that scripture verse. thanks

Gina

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »

Seven!  Wow.  No, I'm sorry, I wasn't implying that you have no children; I haven't forgotten your son and the prayer requests.  (Maybe you can give us an update on him when you're feeling up to it.)  I was just trying to draw our attention to the obvious fact that literally going through labor with child can't be the thing that saves a woman since so many women never make it through childbirth (due to death) and so many others have not been able to become pregnant in order to give birth -- so to me, what is written has a much higher, spiritual application.

Hope to hear from you soon, Peggy, about your son.

Gina a/k/a "shorty"  a/k/a "Shawty" :P

Ian 155

Gina

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:40 AM »

Dontcha just love it, Ian.   ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.