bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Good Luck Mr. Gorsky"  (Read 5159 times)

onelovedread

"Good Luck Mr. Gorsky"
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:30 PM »

In Case you didn't know this little tidbit of trivia....

On July 20, 1969, as Commander of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module, Neil Armstrong was the first person to set foot on the moon.
His first words after stepping on the moon "THAT'S ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND," were televised to earth and heard by millions.

But just before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark - "GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no 'Gorsky' in either the Russian or American space programs.

Over the years, many people questioned Armstrong as to what the - 'GOOD LUCK, MR. GORSKY' statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995, in Tampa Bay , Florida, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26-year old question about Mr Gorsky to Armstrong.

This time he finally responded since Mr. Gorsky had died. Neil Armstrong now felt he could answer the question.

Here's what he said:

In 1938, when he was a kid in a small mid-western town, he was playing baseball with a friend in his backyard. His friend hit the ball which landed in his neighbors' yard just outside their bedroom window.
His neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorsky. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky:

"SEX! YOU WANT SEX?! YOU'LL GET SEX WHEN THE KID NEXT DOOR WALKS ON THE MOON!"

It broke the place up.
Neil Armstrong's family confirmed that this story is true.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: "Good Luck Mr. Gorsky"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »

Funny, but sorry, not true: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.asp

Gina

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »

hehe (Thank God for Snopes.com!)

"This time he finally responded since Mr. Gorsky had died. Neil Armstrong now felt he could answer the question."

And Mrs. Gorsky?  Living?  Dead?   pssshhh

(I worked for an attorney couple years back whose client list included an astronaut -- not this one but another very famous astronaut.  I was a little awed by that -- why, I don't really know -- I guess I would have liked to have asked him questions.  I never got to meet him though.  The amount of training they have to go through is just incredible.)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »

Look actual photographic proof.  :P

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:16:46 PM by Rhys »
🤫

onelovedread

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 04:55:56 PM »

Ya got me guys! What can I say!! Thou shalt not lie, JohnChris!!!

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »

Nothing but a quick bit of repentance won't fix. Cool story though. I went to Venus once but was disappointed with there range of ice creams. It's difficult to keep them at the right temperature. Something to do with air temperature being 500 Celsius degrees(930 Fahrenheit). My logic is when it's that hot you need a ice cream. Because of the lack of ice creams I left. I don't think I will return.  :P

Rhys
🤫

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »

I stand corrected.

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »

Just glad you're standing, Dennis, never mind corrected  :). You had me a bit concerned with your physical challenges. But God is more than able and brought you through your trial. I am relieved you're back to normal.

As for my crazy friend in New Zealand, I want to sell you the Manhattan Bridge for 50K. :-X

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »

As for my crazy friend in New Zealand, I want to sell you the Manhattan Bridge for 50K. :-X

Ahhh.... Your proposal interests me Kind Sir! But 50K I almost choked on my cornflakes this morning >:(. Look I will give you 20K under the arrangement that you give me 25K back for my trouble (Am I good in business or what?). Anyway this deal seems pleasing to me. I'll take your silly bridge off your hands.

As for calling me crazy Sir! Well that's true too - well spotted.

Rhys :P
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.