bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So, I'm pretty convinced of Hell  (Read 3152 times)

Nickreading1984

So, I'm pretty convinced of Hell
« on: February 27, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »

I've been arguing universalism with Darwin fish of atruechurch.info
and I've been getting my butt kicked. I was hoping I could get connected with a really knowledgeable universalist to help answer my questions.

My email address is nickreading1984@gmail.com

Thanks.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: So, I'm pretty convinced of Hell
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »

As the old adage goes 'a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still'.  Your not even sure at this point what you believe so what good is it going to do you to get some talking points from any one here.  What your antagonists believe isn't important.  What you believe and how you assimilate it is much more important.

Coming to embrace these truths don't come overnight and without God opening your heart and eyes and doing a deep work within you.  We need to be as the Bereans to truly study to see if these things are true.  Nobody can do that for you.  You need to make the investment to begin to work through the teachings that are available on the website.  If you really want to learn and if God is working with you then start with the Lake of Fire series and work your way through it one chapter at a time.  God is the one who will open your spirit to these things.....nobody here can do that for you.

Truly, there is probably no greater issue with the Christian church as to whether or not we serve a God who's agape' love for the sinner indeed fails at the sinners death and turns into a hatred that would make Hitler and Saddam Hussein blush with shame.  We need to learn where the teaching of 'hell' comes from and it doesn't come from the scriptures.  Jesus Christ never once uttered the English word hell and in the middle ages 'hell' meant something very much different than what it means in the last few hundred years.

But there is no short cut to understand these things.  You need to take the time to work your way through these teachings and see if the truths therein resonate within your spirit or not.  Your not here by accident but you need to deal with some things personally and spiritually before you try to take on others.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »

Joh 15:16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,...

Wasting your time arguing with an unbeliever. If they are not chosen they are blind to the truth.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:21:21 PM »

As admiral Akbar would say;

IT'S A TRAP!

Why do I have a funny feeling this is a trap?

Not that I don't have the understanding to "argue" my point but if I've learned anything over the years its that you can't make a blind man see, no matter how much you want him to see and no matter how much he himself wants to see. The blind simply cannot see. Only God can change a heart.

Also, I would second what John has said. It seems to me that perhaps you have not read through the lake of fire series. Do so while praying to God for eyes and ears to hear and see. Pray pray pray. Don't waste your time with arguing, it is fruitless.

P.S. We are not "universalists," we don't believe you can get to "heaven" believing in "whatever you want." The only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

thewatchman

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »

We understand the enthusiasm Nick...Just don't pull the lions tail. You don't need to convince anyone with a revelation that you yourself are still coming to terms with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.