bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The parable of the weeds  (Read 5288 times)

Nickreading1984

The parable of the weeds
« on: March 01, 2013, 12:07:26 PM »

So ray's stuff seems to indicate that it's just the works that'll be burned up, but the parable of the weeds says that it's the weeds that'll be burned. Then, when Jesus explains the parable, he says it's the wicked who are the weeds.

Sounds like wicked people are gonna burn

-Nick

mharrell08

Re: The parable of the weeds
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »

Fire is symbolic the same way weeds are symbolic. Parables aren't part literal and part symbolic, they're all symbolic.

Nickreading1984

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 12:21:20 PM »

But the explanations aren't. When he spoke plainly to his disciples, he said that the people were going to be thrown into the blazing furnace. Were those symbolic people? I don't think so.

-Nick

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »

You need to read the papers here Nick.  Most of your questions will be answered.  The lake of fire series explains what the lake of fire is, who it is for and how it is applied.  The 'hell' is a CHristian hoax paper will do much of the same thing.  But you'll have to make the effort to go through the papers if you want your questions answered to your satisfaction.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »

Why do we continue to respond to these threads? I say, let God sort him out.

Mark 9:49 "For EVERYONE shall be salted with FIRE, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt."

It's the same fire for sinners and saints, oh nick.

Hebrews 12:29 "for our God is a consuming fire.”

Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God."

Our God.

Notice in the lake of FIRE the presence of someone very special.

Revelation 14:10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Yes, contrary to popular opinion, the lake of fire, "hell" as our modern detractors would have it, is not the separation from God or absence from Him but torment by His very precense. Remember He is a consuming fire? Remember the lake burns with FIRE? Remember it is in HIS PRESENCE?

Now i'm going to nail this coffin shut for you.

Do we see the world and unbelievers being salted by the same fire which tries the works of believers as paul explained it?

Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and HELL delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were JUDGED EVERY MAN according to their WORKS."

Revelation 22:12 "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, TO GIVE EVERY MAN ACCORDING AS HIS WORK SHALL BE."

We are plainly told in revelations that those in "hell" the "Dead" are judged by their works. You would have no problem confessing that those in “hell” are the “non believers,” correct? So we see here that even they are judged according to their works which goes hand in hand with what paul said and with what Jesus said about "everyone shall be salted with fire."

And as Craig already point out, Judgement has began already for us believers who are called out and chosen by God.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

What is the last thing we hear from the Word of God and Christ's lips?

Rev 21:25 "Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful."

And once again contrary to popular opinion, God will never shut the gates to His Kingdom on anyone.

22:25 "Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there)."

God be with you,

Alex
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:13:00 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ian 155

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 05:04:01 PM »

Alex bro  - writers cramp ?   its Rev 21 25 

ICXCNIKA

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »

Nick, I hope you are actually reading ALL the replies we have written to you in-response to the various threads you have instigated on the Forum. Please re-read and STUDY the wealth of material from Ray (all the questions you've asked are explained within them).

Before asking another question, you need to read those articles from start to finish, with a Bible, and, you need, to pray earnestly for GOD to give you Spiritual understanding; It's more then the mental struggle to intellectually fit one concept into another concept. Read every last page - and then - continue asking us questions. Most importantly, stop arguing with Darwin Fish, or any other Faith destroying bufoons! Believe me, you are wasting so much valuable energy, fruitlessly trying to reap a harvest before you have even purchased any seeds to plant with.    ;)     Plough the FIELD first.  You asked for a "Teacher"  ...Study JESUS CHRIST. All that HE said. All the marvelous things which HE did.

Fear = Respect  ~  Respect = Love

:)

Brother, be patient and study these thoroughly, and Pray without cease:

1. http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm
2. http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html
3. http://bible-truths.com/hagee1.htm
4. http://bible-truths.com/kendy2.htm
4. http://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm

and then ultimately read, re-read, and then read over again while you seriously study every last word of...

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 06:12:33 PM »

Alex bro  - writers cramp ?   its Rev 21 25

Apologies! It's been fixed, thanks for the heads up!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Nickreading1984

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 07:10:01 PM »

Thanks, guys. I'll do more reading

darren

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 06:32:31 AM »

As Ray has taught  the elect is  the fire that will judge. We are the Kingdom of God. The elect will judge man and angles. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.