bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Bible Series Premiering on March 3rd  (Read 7922 times)

TRUTH281

New Bible Series Premiering on March 3rd
« on: March 02, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »

I'm not sure if yall will want to watch this but there is a new Bible Series show coming on the History Channel. 10 hour series for 5 episodes this month. Producer Mark Burnett considers this the "most important" project he has ever undertaken. It premiers tomorrow night on Sunday. I'm surprised this is even coming out on the History Channel. Although I'm not sure how accurate the reenactments are going to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hThfoBzWxw

Jake

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: New Bible Series Premiering on March 3rd
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:00:32 AM »

Probably good television but most likely full of errors.

If it's anything like Hollywood has produced before the underlying message will be that religion is evil. But maybe not. We'll see.

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 02:52:31 PM »

Thanks but no thanks.  My time would be more productive and better spent pulling ticks off my dogs butt.

Longhorn

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »

Hi Longhorn,
I take it from your message that your dog runs loose a lot.  ;D
Or perhaps not. Maybe you run with the dog in which case you are picking up ticks as well.
So how is that going?

Friend Indiana Bob 8)

TRUTH281

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:23 AM »

Probably good television but most likely full of errors.

If it's anything like Hollywood has produced before the underlying message will be that religion is evil. But maybe not. We'll see.
The underlying message within this series is not that "religion is evil." It's a "reenactment" (much like Passion of the Christ) of the Biblical events from Genesis to Revelation, not the usual History Channel documentaries which do criticize. However alot is left out because of the fact that it's only a 10 hour series.

TRUTH281

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:38:02 AM »

Thanks but no thanks.  My time would be more productive and better spent pulling ticks off my dogs butt.

Longhorn
Yeah, no comment on that one.

thewatchman

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:47 AM »

Longhorn

Is that a little like picking your nose and eating the pickins....do you nibble on the ticks?

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »

??? ??? ???
🤫

Greatest I am

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 09:13:25 AM »

I watched the first episode.

Cheap garbage so far.
You could see the writer hurying through the gruesom O T so that he could get us quickly to the kind gentle Hell creator Jesus and away from the genocidal son murderer of the O T.

Rather hard Trinity wise but then the churches do not teach the O T much either as it would create too many uncomfortable questions.

Regards
DL

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »

What part in particular would you say was cheap garbage?
Strangely enough, when I attended church, the sermons I heard would be at the ratio of perhaps 5 old testament messages to 1 new testament.
It seemed to be easier for the ministers to preach on the OT characters like David, Joseph, Abraham, Jeremiah and others than on the messages of Jesus, Paul or Peter.

Greatest I am

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »

What part in particular would you say was cheap garbage?
Strangely enough, when I attended church, the sermons I heard would be at the ratio of perhaps 5 old testament messages to 1 new testament.
It seemed to be easier for the ministers to preach on the OT characters like David, Joseph, Abraham, Jeremiah and others than on the messages of Jesus, Paul or Peter.

Hollywood is dumbing everything down these days.

Have you seen the new Time Machine or War of the Worlds or basically most of the remakes?

All the philosophy or theology has been taken out for drama and the same thing happened in the new Bible series so far.

It provoked absolutely no thought in terms of the morality of God and did not even hint that God himself hardened Pharaoh's soft heart before he hardened it to insure he could show off and kill the innocent first born instead of the guilty parents.

I think that quite immoral. Do you?

This piece does promote thoughts of philosophy or theology. Let me know what you think.

(teaching links are not allowed)

Regards
DL
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:26:28 PM by Dave in Tenn »

gmik

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 10:57:36 PM »

ya know its ok i think as mindless cheap entertainment goes...and by 9 sunday nite i am all for chillin out..
...however, i watched vikings and got totally unchilled...dang violence...I do remember when i visited Lindesfarne that they thought the vikings was the "last days" and they ended their prayers w/ and "save us from the vikings" not amen..

onelovedread

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:13 AM »

I started watching the second installment on Sunday but it was so inaccurate, that I turned it off.
Why would any screenwriter/producer feel that they could improve on the Bible storyline?
Man really thinks the world of himself, until God brings him to the realization that He is the potter and we are merely the clay.

Foxx

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »

Its as bad as The Greatest Story Ever Told

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 05:56:53 AM »

I've got the history channel here in NZ and didn't even bother to check. Too much awesome stuff to read here in my opinion. I never get tired of it. Praise the Lord for Bible Truths and Amen.

Rhys
🤫

jingle52

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 09:47:06 AM »

Didn't watch this new series, but Foxx you are right when you say that the Greatest story ever told was bad! I thought it was really bad!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »

I caught most of the third episode on a different channel.  It ended with Jesus calling Peter to be a disciple.  Best as I remember, the last bit of dialog was:

Peter:  (after Jesus had called him)  What are we going to do?

Jesus:  We're going to change the world.

(fade out, roll credits)

Then a new reality show began which features the misbehaving daughters of preachers.  Made me that much more ready for the world to be changed.     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rito1980

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »

i skipped it too.   

Joel

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »

I was able to watch it. But missed a night or two, and picked up later on the segments I had missed.
In my opinion there was a lot of artistic license taken throughout.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.