bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parable of the talents  (Read 4762 times)

Duane

Parable of the talents
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »

Could someone help me here.  I just read Matthew 25:14-30.

I understand the position of the landlord wanting to make money with the money he entrusted to his slaves.
However, the last slave made NO MONEY with the one talent so he was "Cast into outer darkness" where there is weeping, whaling (;-), and gnashing of molars.
What has making money for the boss have to do with "life after death"?  We know the slave WASN'T cast in "hell" or the "hidden, covered, unseen (grave)" BUT why was the slave NOT cast into the Lake of Fire?  What is the difference betwixt the L. of F. (which I understand) and the  "outer darkness" (that I don't)?!

What does the "talents" symbolize to us, now?  What can we do to avoid "outer darkness" if we don't know what "talents " we are in charge of?  Is "outer darkness" a possibility BEFORE OF AFTER our purification in the L. of F.??   THANKS!!

Kat

Re: Parable of the talents
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:39:13 PM »

Hi Duane,

This is a parable which the things it is talking about are symbols of higher spiritual truths. The "talents" that the Lord had given to each servant I believe represents the truths that God is revealing to us. When we receive a truth we have to nourish it, by first believing it and then meditating on it to develop an understanding in our mind. Then when we let our light shine to the world around us these truths that we embrace witness to that truth and glorifies the Father.

Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

That servant gave back to his Lord ALL that He had already given him. He did not want it and hid it, just like the Jews hid/withheld the knowledge of who Jesus (the Truth) was. There is a heavy judgment on those who know the truth and not only deny it, but blaspheme and speak evil of it.

Mat 12:32  Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Here is a few place Ray spoke on this.

http://bible-truths.com/lazarus.html --------------------------------------

When Christ entered Capernaum a centurion [a Roman, a Gentile] asked Christ to heal his boy. Christ said He would come. The Centurion said He need only to "say the word" and he would trust Christ for the healing!

"When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to them that followed, ‘Verily I say unto you I have not found so great faith no, not in Israel’" (Mat. 8:5-10).

Why then, are the Gentiles relegated to "dogs?" Not in all Israel did our Lord find such faith as in these GENTILE "DOGS!" But "Judah" gets all the blessings while the "Gentile" dogs get the crumbs? Ah, just when we think things are going bad and God isn’t fair, He shows us His strange and marvelous wisdom!

As Paul Harvey says, "And now for the rest of the story..." What was Christ’s response to this marvelous exhibition of faith by the Centurion?

"And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and the west [Gentiles], and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the Kingdom of Heaven, but the children of the kingdom [Judah--the Jews] shall be cast into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Mat. 8:11-12).

Christ is not telling us that "Jews" from the East and "Jews" from the West will sit down with Abraham, but that the "Jews" shall be cast out." That’s contradictory. It’s the "Jews" who are the "children of the kingdom" who are "cast out." And those from the East and West are "GENTILES." Christ is telling us who these "many" are, because He is commenting on the faith that God has given to this Centurion Gentile.

http://bible-truths.com/hagee1.htm ------------------------------------------

No, "outer darkness" is not in a place called Hell. Those who are not allowed to sit down with Abraham in the Kingdom are cast into the darkness outside.
v
Besides only the "sons of the Kingdom" are weeping and gnashing their teeth - the Jews. They rightfully should have been in the Kingdom, but were disqualified. This condition is not, however, eternal.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2175.msg17491.html#msg17491 ----

When Jesus warned of this sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, it was when He had cast out demons. The Scribes said that Jesus cast out devils by the prince of devils (Mark 3:22).  The Pharisees also accused Him of this very same thing (Matt. 9:34). And we are told that Jesus gave that stern warning, "Because they said, He [Jesus] has an unclean spirit."

But this alone is not all there is to this sin. Even in the Old Testament, when one sinned "ignorantly," he was held to a lower standard than if he sinned "willfully, knowingly."  God's principles are always true. There was more to the sin of these Scribes and Pharisees than merely stating that Jesus had a devil and cast out devils by the prince of devil. The truth is THEY KNEW BETTER.  They knew that they were lying in order to deceive the multitudes who were beginning to believe in and trust Jesus as a Man of God. They were SINNING AGAINST LIGHT.  They were sinning against WHAT THEY KNEW WAS THE TRUTH.  And how do we know this?  We are frankly TOLD this in the Scriptures.

In John 3 we have a "Ruler of the Jews" by the name of Nicodemus, and this is what we are told by him:  "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a RULER [this man KNEW what the Scribes and the Pharisees believed behind closed doors] of the Jews. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, WE [Scribes, Pharisees, Rulers, Jews]  KNOW  that you are a Teacher COME FROM GOD; for no man can do these miracles [such as casting out demons] that You do, except GOD BE WITH HIM"  (John 3:1-2).

It is when we KNOW the truth and blaspheme AGAINST THE TRUE LIGHT THAT WE KNOW, that we then "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit" which is the means by which light and truth is imparted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The savant in the parable (Jews) who did not receive the truth (Jesus Christ) when He came to them and hid it from the people they were to be teaching, have a lot to answer to when God's wrath comes on this world.

Mat 25:30  And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 12:32  Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Rev 16:1  Then I heard a loud voice from the temple telling the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."

Is this speaking of the next age when God's wrath is on the wicked? Is the outer darkness in the minds of those who blasphemed the Holy Spirit and they will not be brought to repentance in the next age, therefore not forgiven?

Rev 16:5  And I heard the angel in charge of the waters say, "Just are you, O Holy One, who is and who was, for you brought these judgments.
v. 6  For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink. It is what they deserve!"
v. 7  And I heard the altar saying, "Yes, Lord God the Almighty, true and just are your judgments!"
v. 8  The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch people with fire.
v. 9  They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give Him glory.

Dire consequences for their, not only willful sin, but depraved actions that brought about the execution of the perfect man... thought only by the plan and will of the Father.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:32:40 PM by Kat »

Greatest I am

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »

Could someone help me here.  I just read Matthew 25:14-30.

I understand the position of the landlord wanting to make money with the money he entrusted to his slaves.
However, the last slave made NO MONEY with the one talent so he was "Cast into outer darkness" where there is weeping, whaling (;-), and gnashing of molars.
What has making money for the boss have to do with "life after death"?  We know the slave WASN'T cast in "hell" or the "hidden, covered, unseen (grave)" BUT why was the slave NOT cast into the Lake of Fire?  What is the difference betwixt the L. of F. (which I understand) and the  "outer darkness" (that I don't)?!

What does the "talents" symbolize to us, now?  What can we do to avoid "outer darkness" if we don't know what "talents " we are in charge of?  Is "outer darkness" a possibility BEFORE OF AFTER our purification in the L. of F.??   THANKS!!

This one is for below in the physical world.

It is a myth to show how if we do not all pull together we must either get rid of those who do not, ( in hell, lake of fire or wherever),  or whatever our enterprise is will go bankrupt.

Think business Duane. In a competitive world a company can only support so many slackers and if there are too many and some are not cast out, the whole thing crashes.

For above, the myth does not work well as there, all talents are used and even the slackers have value.

Regards
DL

Duane

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »

Kat--thank you sooo much for the thorough reply you sent.  YOU, especially, have been a real blessing to me in my quest for TRUTH as a "B-T'er"!  I will SQUEEZE every bit of TRUTH out of your answer and Ray's articles that I can!
In Christ,
Duane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.