bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Andrea Yates  (Read 7185 times)

ciy

Andrea Yates
« on: July 28, 2006, 11:36:15 AM »

Last night was a show updating and going into more depth of the Andrea Yates trial (the woman that killed her 5 children in a bathtub) She was found innocent by reason of insanity.  The reason she killed her 5 children was because she believed that they were going to turn away from God as adults so she wanted to kill them before they reached the age of accountability thereby assuring that they would not go to hell.

This is really powerful to me.  If all the christian mothers truly believed what the general doctrine of most churches is and they really loved their children, they would all be doing what Andrea Yates did.  Do you all see this?  If christians could really fathom what they say they believe and compare living in this world to what they believe living in heaven for an eternity is, then throw in what they say they believe hell is then all the good mothers would do what Andrea Yates did.  The reality of this is mindboggling. 

Think  now what happens if Andrea Yates comes to the real truth and finds out there is no eternal hell.  There was no hell to save her children from.  Or better yet what if she had known the truth then there would be 5 live children today. 

This is so simple, powerful, and clean cut to me.  Why did I not see it years ago?  Only God could blind me from a truth this simple.

Hope you see this.  It matters to people what society believes the truth is.  At the same time, only God can reveal this truth.

CIY

mongoose

Re: Andrea Yates
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »

ciy,
  I watched that show last night and thought the same thing.  Actually I've been confused for several years about people who claim to love their neighbors, who believe in an endless torment in hell, and dont' seem to care about converting anyone.  And who have kids and are "oh well, I'll pray that they change".  If an eternal burning in hell were the actual result of not "being saved" and there was an "age of accountability", the I would think that many mothers would do what Andrea Yates did.  Really, it's the only thing that would make sense...you love you kids, you don't want them to suffer in hell, so you murder them...yes, you yourself go to hell for that but it is a sacrifice to save your kids.  And yet, most people who believe in hell, even celebrate it, don't do this.  Do they actually enjoy the thought of their loved ones, their friends, their children suffering for all eternity?  I can't fathom that.  If you really believed this doctrine and you really loved people around you, how could you ever sleep for the pain and fear that they would be lost?  Why are these people not doing everything to "save" those around them?  It makes me wonder...do they actually not believe in hell (or try to pretend it doesn't exist...wouldn't that be ironic, the belief is wrong and the pretend is right....) or do they like being part of some "exclusive" club and relish the idea that others are going to suffer for not being in the "in crowd"?  Unbelievable.

This is so simple, powerful, and clean cut to me. Why did I not see it years ago? Only God could blind me from a truth this simple.

So true.

mongoose

Sorin

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:09:16 PM »

Yet another reason why I absolutely hate Christianity. Look what it does to people. She killed her children in vain.

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:28:14 PM »

I read a book called 'Heaven' by Randy Alcorn, and in the book Randy said that Satan does not want us to believe in hell because he wants us to be 'unmotivated' to preach the gospel.  I thought back to my seminary days when we were going through evangelism training.  They would have a 'soul winning' seminar and then every week go out and knock on doors.  There would be close to a thousand people the first week, but then every week after the numbers dwindled to practically nothing.  Now that I have seen the truth, I look at it and say, 'Looks like they are already unmotivated to preach the gospel, and they believe in hell.'  Your right Ciy, if these Christians really believe in hell they should be very concerned for their neighbors and family, but they don't really seem to care. 

Love to All,
Brian

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish  that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

I've a challenge for you...get Christians to actually believe that verse.  :D   ;)

buddyjc

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 02:11:05 PM »

Good word Bobby.  Sometime ago while cleaning one of the classrooms at the church, the Director of Education who was still new at the time, came in and asked me how I became the blacksheep of my family.  He asked this because my family is big into church and I did not attend.  It just so happened that that night was 'visitation' night.  After awhile I walked into the gym (they do not have a sanctuary yet), looked around and told him that instead of being concerned about me being the blacksheep of my family, he should be concerned with the blacksheep of his 'church' family.  You could have heard a pin drop.  It's funny that we have been very good friends since that time.  Weird huh?  ???

Brian

Sorin

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 02:20:34 PM »

chuckusa

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 03:34:41 PM »

Hi all,

Well really, holding to Andreas theory...I guess we should all run down to a local church, get saved and then kill ourselves before we get back in our cars so we don't have time to sin again. I agree, the trouble is people don't WANT to believe anything else. Our hearts really are stones at times. But wow, seeing even lies used to make he truth shine is just incredible.

By the way, I have unfortunately been in the same jail that Andrea was in when they arrested her (Uh, no I didn't kill anyone... :) That place gave me a crash course in praying...REAL FAST. It was part of my trial I suppose. I pay my traffic tickets EARLY now...

Blessings,
Chuck

SandyFla

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

If all the christian mothers truly believed what the general doctrine of most churches is and they really loved their children, they would all be doing what Andrea Yates did.  Do you all see this?  If christians could really fathom what they say they believe and compare living in this world to what they believe living in heaven for an eternity is, then throw in what they say they believe hell is then all the good mothers would do what Andrea Yates did.  The reality of this is mindboggling.

Exactly. What she did was the only logical--not to mention most loving--thing anyone can do who truly believes in a literal hell. Yet, the Christian world condemns her for it. Don't they pay attention to words of Jesus:

"What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?"

If "losing one's soul" means being damned to an eternal fiery hell, the best thing we all can do for our children is to kill them before they reach the "age of accountability." But even the carnal mind recoils from that thought. I think there is something in each hellfire & brimstone-believing Christian that actually questions that demonic ideology. Otherwise, every Christian parent would do the same thing that Andrea did; or, at the very least, they would laud her as a loving, godly mother.

This is the logical conclusion and ending of anyone who truly believes such evil.

Has anyone noticed that the father wasn't charged as an accomplice? She had mental problems after the birth of their first child, and her psychiatrist told them not to have any more children. Yet, they went ahead and had 5 more pregnancies (she had one miscarriage). Couldn't her husband see this coming? I guess he believes it was the best thing to do, too.

How sad.  :(  And sick.

Sandy

buddyjc

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »

Hey Sandy,

It is God who opens and shuts the womb.  I guess this must be in some way a learning experience for both of them, and for us. 

Brian

ciy

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 09:07:49 PM »

Sandyfla you said "But even the carnal mind recoils from that thought"  That is so true somehow our subconcious will not accept the illogical logic of religion.
CIY

Rita

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 07:26:04 PM »

We had a famioly member join what we call a 'biblle-based cult' at the same time Yates killed her kids.

We were terified.  The same type of mentality.  It's been, what, 4,5 yrs?  Our loved one is still with this group.  Our concern just simmers every day.

Rita

ciy

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »

I would try to get that family member to go to bible-truths.com Maybe their eyes will be opened to the truth.  If Andrea had known that there was no eternal hell then she would not have felt compelled to kill her babies to keep them out of that hell. 

This is a great example of the truth really does set one free.

CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.