bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: blemish free?  (Read 3733 times)

gregorydc

blemish free?
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:15:02 PM »

Hello all,
  A question or something came to me when I was reading the topic "what did Christ die for"  Is it possible the reason that the Jews do not accept Christ for their savior from the beginning is because he did not appear to be perfect (blemish free)? If we take the description of Christ from the OT which says he was sickly,and quite not handsome (physician heal thy self) and we look at how the sacrifices were to be "without spot or blemish", then it seems to me that the preaching in the beginning from the apostles would have easily fallen upon deaf ears, especially those of the pharisees. I know that Jesus was the perfect sacrifice because of what was on the inside (spirit), but when you look at the outside (carnal) I can easily see where the Jews of the day could look upon Jesus and say,  no way.
  Maybe this is a new revelation to me, or maybe to someone else too (sometimes me brain takes a while for the gears to turn).  Possibly I am looking at it all wrong too, don't know?  That is why I brought this to the attention of my brothers and sisters for their insight.
Greg   

longhorn

Re: blemish free?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:32:29 PM »

Not sure this answers your question, but the reason the " Jews " or any human being on the planet does not accept or understand The Mysteries of Christ is because, It has not been given them ( Revealed by God) revealation knowledge of Christ.  Matt 13:11 - Matt 15: 15-17

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: blemish free?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 04:18:03 AM »

Hi Greg

Check out:

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html

And the section 1/4 down

NEW TESTAMENT JEWS BELIEVED OLD PAGAN DOCTRINES

From one section it says:

THE SIN OF A MAN BORN BLIND:

"And as Jesus passed by, He saw a man which was blind from his birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:1-2)

What? How, pray tell, could this blind man be responsible for his own blindness when we are plainly told that he was born blind? Not only did the disciples believe the pagan doctrine that the soul is immortal, but they believed that souls could transmigrate from one body to another body.

The idea that the disciples are presenting to Jesus is the pagan doctrine known today as "The transmigration of souls." This doctrine teaches that souls do not just live on, as in "immortal" after death, in some fabled hellhole of eternal torture, or some heaven on a rock in outer space; but rather that at death, the immortal soul migrates to inhabit the body of another person about to be born into the world.

Many in the world today continue to believe in reincarnation and the transmigration of souls. There are some pagans who believe that the souls of the dead can also reappear in the life of a pig, snake, or some other animal.

Seriously, why would Christ’s disciples believe that a man could have sinned before he was ever born?

But what is even more remarkable is the fact that Jesus did not correct them, but rather went along with and acquiesced to their pagan notions. Jesus did not demean their foolish statement or their foolish belief, but countered with:

"Neither has this man sinned, nor his parents…" (John 9:3.)

Jesus spoke the truth, for truly this man had not sinned. However, Jesus did not inform them that it would have been impossible for him to sin before he was born. But Jesus did not expose this pagan heresy to His disciples at this time. For what possible reason would Jesus want to keep His own disciples deceived?

The Jews believed the Egyptian nonsense as Ray discusses.

They were stuck in there ways like many are today. They don't know the truth and would rather hold on to a lot of false beliefs. Let's hold on to our pagan heresy because that's what we have been taught. Jesus didn't fit there beliefs. As longhorn says it's not be given to them:

Mat 13:11  He answered and said to them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them.
Mat 13:12  For whoever has, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance. But whoever does not have, from him shall be taken away even that which he has.

Mat 15:12  Then His disciples came and said to Him, Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13  But He answered and said, Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14  Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Blind leaders with there false beliefs. Of course they would say of Jesus No way. They are blind and don't get it just like many today.

Jesus was perfect but when your blind your blind unless He takes away your blindness.

Let's not be to hard on them. I wouldn't get it either unless God revealed it to me. Everything looks a mess to me unless God shows me. I just don't have a clue without Him. If He doesn't make me see then I won't see and before you know it I fall into the ditch. I've already been in there a number of times and that's no fun.

That's how I see it Greg but I could be missing something.

Rhys
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:54:56 AM by Rhys »
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.