bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ''Computer quotes''  (Read 4695 times)

acomplishedartis

''Computer quotes''
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:29:01 AM »

‘‘Let things of computers be of computers, and things of humans be of humans.’’

‘‘robots-androids will never have a borrowed spirit like ours that keeps them alive and their existence will never be as transcendental as our existence’’

‘‘Let us become more mature humans using computers as tools, and become less as computers, --working without rest for the big companies for free’’

‘‘Once I thought that I could get away physically of everybody, taking with me my computer and a network connection, God, I was so wrong... because face to face community is irreplaceable.’’ 

‘‘Please! more fresh air and less monitors, less entertainment and more worthy content… less noise on every way and more time for meditation and appreciation of intellectual art, nature and Scripture’’

‘‘computers live to work without rest. We should only work to survive and then LIVE’’   

‘‘Humans are like highly complex beautiful machines programmed to fail for a season, so to be able to develop great  programs, like one called: ‘humility’ or another called: ‘fear of God’’’

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:10:49 AM by Moises G. »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: ''Computer quotes''
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »

I like that last one especially.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »

I like that last one especially.

Yes indeed - fail for a season. I must be on a long season.  ;D

Rhys
🤫

acomplishedartis

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 02:29:50 AM »

In relation with this thread, here is a link to a documentary that I found not so long ago called ''Beyond Human''

Some might find it interesting: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beyond-human/

jingle52

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 08:25:42 AM »

Too true Moises, Makes you think, but we are spending more time indoors glued to our computers and tvs :(

acomplishedartis

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:43 AM »

Too true Moises, Makes you think, but we are spending more time indoors glued to our computers and tvs :(

Yes, so much to think about in all that information... For me, 'artificial intelligence' is a good example of humans not having free will. That is one of the main reasons that this themes attract me so much, plus; for trying to be prepare for what is coming.

I guess the most difficult lesson with all this computers, tvs, and the ''allmighty'' Internet, is to totally dominate them and not let them control us.

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 06:20:54 AM »

I guess the most difficult lesson with all this computers, tvs, and the ''allmighty'' Internet, is to totally dominate them and not let them control us.

Mmmm, that will be a bit difficult Moises, seeing that we cannot do "that much now" without them  ;D ;D ;D However, we can moderate/lessen our time we spend watching TV, I have cut down considerebly these last years since I found BT!! 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.