bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how long to change?  (Read 4765 times)

gregorydc

how long to change?
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »

Hello all,
  Can anyone shed some light for me? Does anyone know how long the Apostle Paul was a preacher/teacher?
Greg

gregorydc

Re: how long to change?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 05:39:26 AM »

This question is important to me because it shows through scripture, and with what Ray shows, how long it actually takes one to change into what God wants them to be. It helps me to know that it does not all happen over night but in increments over time, and trials. It helps me keep the faith. Thirty years is a pretty good chunk of a persons life, if it took Paul that long to learn every thing that he wrote in his letters, then what makes me think it will not take me that long also. We are all from the same piece of clay.  Thank you JfK for your answer.
Greg 

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:45:13 AM »

Hi Greg

From one of Ray's emails he said

If people do not have the time or patience to spend a few hours reading what it took me a lifetime (tens of thousands of hours) to come to understand, then such a person is not worthy of the Truth.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3210.msg23902.html#msg23902

It takes a while there Greg. God has His will for all of us. Just take each day as it comes with it's up's and down's. He is the potter and we are the clay with a lot of molding needing to happen in all of us to shape what he wants for us.

We have a high calling. If God hit us with it all straight away you would be too overwhelmed. You know dealing with all that carnal flesh stuff.

He is doing an awesome work in us, a great honour indeed I think that God would use me. In my case I say take as long as you need there Lord I know what I'm like and you got your work cut out out on someone like me. He's chipping away on me so that must be the trials, I'm pretty sure it is. I'm not quite sure I like the shape of me at the moment but then I am a work in progress. I think something is happening. You know I'm pretty sure He's got some masterpiece lined up as He has for all of us. Let's be assured the finished product is gonna look a lot better than it does at the moment (I'm talking about myself here)

OK Rhys move on your rambling again, OK Rhys thanks for telling me.

Bless you Greg
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:07:41 AM »

Paul was 'changed' in a very short period of time from Saul, persecutor of Christ, to Saul acknowledging the Lord and asking Him what he must do, and doing it.

Then we read this:  Act 9:15,16  ...he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: for I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

How long do you think it took him to find out all the great things he must suffer?

Paul died, and is dead.  When he is resurrected, it will seem to Paul as no time has passed, and he will be 'changed' again.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 01:09:41 AM »

Paul was 'changed' in a very short period of time from Saul, persecutor of Christ, to Saul acknowledging the Lord and asking Him what he must do, and doing it.

Then we read this:  Act 9:15,16  ...he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: for I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

How long do you think it took him to find out all the great things he must suffer?

Paul died, and is dead.  When he is resurrected, it will seem to Paul as no time has passed, and he will be 'changed' again.

Yay for that and Amen.
🤫

thewatchman

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:10:01 AM »

Historically, Paul was in his 40's at the time of Stephen's stoning. The Jewish powers are unlikely to have given him the authoriity to persecute to a young person, but rather one of their top gun pharisee's, schooled in the law. After his fall from the donkey, he went to Antioch to relearn. There is some discussion of how long he was there with ranges from 8-14 years. I personally think the latter. It looks like he was married, widowed and over 60 when he started his traveling ministry.  IMO the answer you are looking for will be "your whole life until". Untill you cross the line the race is still on. Hope that helps 8)

Revilonivek

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 07:01:34 PM »

I would be safe to assume Paul was around 20s to 30s when he worked for the Jew council. Young in experience and eager to murder to gain high positions in council until he had a few life changing experiences. Even after he was transformed. The jew Christians were afraid and wary of him till after he was arrested and sent out of jerusalem for his safety. He was that bad but I doubt he lived to 70's with a death warrant on his life since before he was transformed. It's just me. I don't think we will ever know for sure. It is just impressive that God used a most despised  enemy of the jew Christians to spread the new gospel and it was the most precious gospel of the Catholic Church still to this day.  It's just like As if God gave Adolf hilter the life transforming experience and gave him the revelations to the gospels after murdering millions and people who knew the old Adolf is still scared f him because he murdered millions of Jews out of pure hatred.  They ended up being scared and wary of the new hilter(Paul) it's the same idea. t it does make you question his true motivations even if he meant well even at the time. These Jew Christians did. Anyway, back to the point, I would guess he probably preached 20 years. I think he outlived Peter as well. Apostle John was prob the last remaining of the apostles to live to old age. Apostle john must have been really old when he conversed with the people from the Catholic church at the time. Or so they say.  Internet say he lived to 62 but bible also wasn't clear about how old he was either or when he was born. Didn't give any history that occurred around his birth to find when he was really born in but all we can do is guess. I would say 50's. since many people of his time rarely live past 40's and very few make it to 50's to 70's. Paul was in and out of prison during his ministry. It's really easy to contract an illness or die when in prison. He spent alot of time there unless he was treated really well at prisons he was in due to his roman citizenship. Romans treat their roman citizens alot better in Jewish terrority. Who really knows. 20 years ministry is my guess.

Historically, Paul was in his 40's at the time of Stephen's stoning. The Jewish powers are unlikely to have given him the authoriity to persecute to a young person, but rather one of their top gun pharisee's, schooled in the law. After his fall from the donkey, he went to Antioch to relearn. There is some discussion of how long he was there with ranges from 8-14 years. I personally think the latter. It looks like he was married, widowed and over 60 when he started his traveling ministry.  IMO the answer you are looking for will be "your whole life until". Untill you cross the line the race is still on. Hope that helps 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.