bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My Brother Wrote a Book. :-/  (Read 7492 times)

Gina

My Brother Wrote a Book. :-/
« on: March 13, 2013, 02:27:17 AM »

(Before anyone sends me a nasty PM and wants to know why I took down my profile picture, please don't.  I'm not in the mood.)

So my brother who is 10 years my senior wrote this book.

Oh, it gets better.  He needs prayer.  I need prayer.  I've been asked to read it by my sister who says that my brother is curious about my reaction to it. 

Well, I opened it up and read the foreword.  Anyone who read Ray's paper on what Jesus' name is would cringe if they read this book.  My brother can be very kind and he is extremely intelligent (and I'm not exaggerating), so approaching him on the error in this book would be hard for me but hey, he asked.   I need wisdom.  Maybe I shouldn't say anything to him at all.  I mean, I sit here thinking to myself "I don't want to read this $%$@!   I think he wrote it because he was bored.  Seriously.  And not only is it filled with error but it is filled with pomp, conceit, vainglorious, sarcastic stupid bleecchhh.  Makes me want to pray to the porcelain god.  It's embarrassing to read this coming from someone I know who is so smart!  I just want to shake his head off!  Nooooo!!  That's so wrong!

haha

But I can't, so yeah I need prayer.  He's all into the "proper name of Jesus being Y'shua" or some baloney like that.    Ugghh it sounds so flipping arrogant and phariseeical.  I just wish I could slap him - WAKE UP!  What about the SIMPLICITY IN CHRIST, BROTHER?

Sorry for the rant.  That's all.

Thanks.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: My Brother Wrote a Book. :-/
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 02:53:56 AM »

I'm praying for you on this one shorty and for your brother.

Bless you

Rhys
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:10:04 AM »

Maybe you can just give it a 'literary' review and talk about his spelling and syntax and how well he put his sentences together.   ;D

Hang in there.  This too shall pass.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gregorydc

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »

I will pray for you both as well!
Greg

Extol

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:54:46 PM »

Hmmm, so what is the book about?

We will pray for you Shorty.  :)

Gina

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »

haha, Dave, I like your reply.

It would be different if it weren't only 28 pages, but I have no excuse for not reading it.  And you should see how it's laden with footnotes and scripture.  (You have no idea how I thank God for B-T at times like these.)

You know what I want to do is send him Ray's Jesus name paper and say, make you a deal, you tell me what you think of this paper first, and then I'll tell you what I think of your book. 

hehe!  That'll shut him up.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 12:59:23 PM »

Hmmm, so what is the book about?

We will pray for you Shorty.  :)

Thank you.  I guess it's about how to be a Christian or something.  I really have no idea at this point because my brain exploded when I read the foreword.  You wanna read it?

dodrill

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »

Yes please - if its not a copyright infringement to pre-release - what is the motivation - what is the point - a new found insight - a challenge to accepted thinking? What is it that prudence says?

Proverbs 8:12

“I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and I find knowledge and discretion.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:19:28 PM by hayley »

Gina

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 02:19:16 AM »

You know what?  I think it could be, Hayley. Thanks for the tip.  I'll check and get back to you.

Okay, thanks for hearing me out everybody.  And thank you everyone who saw this post and actually took it seriously.  I've decided I'm going to give it a read and then I'm going to ask him some questions.  Lots and lots and lots of questions. :)  One in particular is a really good one -- because I want to know how people with speech impediments are suppose to say "Y'shua"!  Know what I mean?  I'm not putting anyone down, I'm dead serious.  If he thinks he's going to load a heavy burden like that on the backs of people like me (I'm pretty retarded actually), before I came to the truth, he's nuts.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 02:46:39 AM »

I honestly feel that The Word of God is the one thing by which man's intelligence cannot touch and in fact, is probably a hindrance to understanding the scriptures.

I get that idea from when Paul says that the "Wisdom of this world is foolishness unto God."

I don't know.. I just feel it to be true.

Not sure if that helps you but I felt like sharing it.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »

There is no way you will come out ahead or even break-even on this one Gina. If you don't read it you lose. If you read it you lose.

Gina

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »

I might not stand to gain anything but maybe that's not what God is aiming for.  Maybe my brother has something to gain.  Who knows.  I'm not going to rush into anything.  I'm just working this out here so I don't go full force into responding to it and make a huge mistake.  I have to remember that (1) I am no better than my brother, and (2) God's will, not mine. 

I pray this isn't a temptation for me to show off my "smarts" because I don't have any. Everything I learned I got from God (via other people He gave the smarts to, which opened up my understanding).

Thank you all for your responses.  Feel free to add your own thoughts as you wish.

Gina

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »

There is no way you will come out ahead or even break-even on this one Gina. If you don't read it you lose. If you read it you lose.

Is it because I sound angry?  I do remember Ray saying it behooves us to get a little angry about this kind of junk and I confess it does make me angry but I'm no longer angry with my brother. :)  Thanks, Dennis.  I'm calm. I'm calm.   It's not worth getting all riled up over.  I don't want to be caught in a stupid web.  And you can't think straight if you're too angry, so I'll just remain calm and kill him in my mind. ;D  (Just kidding!)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »

I've been in these situations and there is never a good outcome if you tell the truth (unless your brother has reached a point of maturity most people never achieve).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPX2cQP8uoI

Gina

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »

haha!!!  Dennis you're a trip. 

Gina

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »

I just wanted to share with whoever cares to read the ongoing saga, I talked to my sister about my brother's essay, and I was relieved to hear her agree with me about the "Jesus' real name is Y'Shua" belief and attitude in his communication style.

To be sure she was really in agreement with me and not just going along to get along, I reminded her of someone we knew and loved who couldn't speak because of a major trauma, and I said, "I dare our brother to walk up to that person and say that to them."  (Whatever you have done to the least of these my brethren, you've done it unto Me.  Like, would he be so bold as to walk up to Jesus and say to Him, This is the truth!)  And she got it.

gregorydc

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 03:49:31 AM »

That is awesomeness at work Gina!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 04:12:24 AM »

:)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 04:27:37 AM »

So good to hear

Bless you shorty

Rhys ;)
🤫

onelovedread

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »

I pray for you every day, G.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.