bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow  (Read 6225 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Wow
« on: July 28, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »

As some know, I had a very close lightning strike (not the 1st, 4th time in my life) that killed several of my electronic components. PC, DVD player, phones. I unplugged the power cords to the components before the storm got here, however I did not unplug the cable line or the phone line. I have been working for hours to get all the components I needed and getting the PC back up. The stress level is way up.
Last night I went thru that "why me, Lord" stage, I was down right angry. I believe I woke up this morning with the answer; your stuff is all an idol of the heart. You focus more time on your stuff than you do on Christ. Of course I tried to justify my actions but none of them would hold water (they were all carnal).
This lesson hurt very bad; mostly my bank account (another idol of the heart). I get to eat bologna sandwiches for the next couple of weeks (bread and mustard/mayo is limited) [another idol]. I also need massage therapy and a chiropractor because my body aches from sitting at the PC, and stress in dealing with the 4.5 million people in Phoenix while searching for just the right components (another idol).
But by golly, I have a new PC, DVD player, and phones. Wow, how foolish I am.

Better end this note, another storm is coming. :)

Love yall
Patrick

gmik

Re: Wow
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:15:43 PM »

God Bless You.

ned

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 11:37:37 PM »

Last night I went thru that "why me, Lord" stage, I was down right angry. I believe I woke up this morning with the answer; your stuff is all an idol of the heart. ......Wow, how foolish I am.

You are lucky Patrick, you woke up to God's mercy!  There are so many angry people who will never find the answers God has revealed to you.
I Praise God in you!

Marie

Indagator

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 02:51:11 AM »

I wish I had what you have.  Although maybe I have what you have but can't see it.  I'm so tired of being blind  :(

chuckusa

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 05:28:02 AM »

Patrick,

My daughter and I walked into our house as it was being robbed, several years ago. We were able to get out and call 911. They got EVERYTHING worth anything.

It took  over a year before my daughter would sleep in her room again.

I was angry about this. And I was scared Patrick. It was a good lesson about how much control I really have in this life.

All that crap I thought was so important, God replaced. 

But I can be honest and say that sometimes I am still scared. I just have to trust God with the safety of my family when I close my eyes and go to sleep each night.

Blessings,
Chuck

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

wow Patrick the 4th time? Either you're really lucky (the odds of being struck by lightning is like winning the lotto) or God is really trying to get your attention. Just be glad that while it did destroy your "idols of the heart" it didn't destroy you.

Take care,
Sorin

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »

wow Patrick the 4th time? Either you're really lucky (the odds of being struck by lightning is like winning the lotto) or God is really trying to get your attention. Just be glad that while it did destroy your "idols of the heart" it didn't destroy you.

Take care,
Sorin

Yep, 4 times within 300' of a strike. I will admit one of those times I was out looking at the storm (closet storm chaser) and was under the influence of adult beverages. I felt my hair stand up before the hit. I don't stand out in the open anymore when a storms brewing.
One was about 20' away. that one scared me so bad I fell over backwards in my recliner and shook for about an hour.
I never really considered myself lucky and I'm trying to eliminate that word from my vocabulary. God got my attention 1 year ago this month, I truly believe He's instructing me to get back on the path (spend MORE time in the word, not the world). He will not get any back talk from me!

buddyjc

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 09:11:08 PM »

It was a lightning strike that shook up Martin Luther so bad that he became an Augustinian monk.

Brian

mannonthecross

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 11:33:32 PM »

Patrick,

Here in Lackawanna, NY (home of the now defunct Bethlehem Steel Co.), people use slag (which is a waste by-product of steel making) to back fill around their homes. Talk about attracting lightning- Duh!

In our own home we've had ball lightning go thru the door into the kitchen & out the back door! The TV blew out! As I was walking out the door, lightning struck the house 15' from me & my mother got zapped while talking on the phone!

We haven't had a strike in quite a few years-maybe it's the new shingles?

Tom

buddyjc

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 02:33:09 PM »

Before we were married, my wife was struck while sitting in her office downtown.  It threw her across the room and it gave her a hernia.  Ever since she cannot wear a watch because after a couple of days it quits working.  I keep wondering if the strike somehow changed her electrolite balance.  Anyway its wierd. 

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.