bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I have lost my faith in God  (Read 10951 times)

space.ace.jase

I think I have lost my faith in God
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:10:23 AM »

I don't know what to think anymore, about God, about the bible - about why I am even alive. I feel like the waves of life keep crashing on me and eroding away my beliefs. What if the bible was just written by a bunch of fiction writers and that there is no God. What if all this is wrong, I mean their is no proof of God right? What makes the bible right and other writings (the Quran, etc) wrong. Each person in every religion is SURE that what they believe is the 100% truth and that everyone else is wrong.

I just don't know anymore...

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I think I have lost my faith in God
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »

Hi Space,

I've been having some of these thoughts as well earlier in my life, so I can really relate to what you are saying. Well, I sometimes have moments when I have doubts, but this is not so much because of me or my faith in God, but because I see how many hysterical beliefs (and believers) that are out there. It really wears me down, makes me feel lonely, and that's when I sometimes think: Why should what I believe be true? Who am I? I have been wrong before, etc. etc.

I really can't identify myself with most believers, except a few brothers and sisters that I know through this site. I thank God for the love and wisdom that He shows through this forum.

Hang in there, don't look to the world for guidance, you will only find emptiness and difficulties.

God bless you, and touch you with His love and understanding,
Eirik
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:43:53 AM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:46:49 PM »

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Study the universe and all of creation and if nothing else you will be a believer.

adiamondintheson

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »

Dennis...
This is a good response....
The Word of God is alive....
and it's become MORE alive to us since we came to BT.com and began our studies here with Ray.  What a blessing this man has become.  Being raised in the church (my daddy a minister)... I truly couldn't piece things together, and it caused me to doubt the validity of anything from the Bible...

Since coming here to the site... and seeing so much of scripture come together and 'FIT'... it has made God so REAL.  He's NOT just a figure somewhere in the heavenlys... looking down on us little people here....  He is SPIRIT... and walks along with us everywhere we go.  It's become a natural thing to just 'talk' to Him... and want to change our wills and our ways..
Such a blessing!!
We all need encouragement .... and my prayer is going to be that God will continue to work in your heart and make Himself REAL to you. 
Love this forum...
Connie

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 03:45:08 PM »

Agree with Connie and Dennis, and Eggi as well.

My 'loss of faith' happened before B-T.  It's also true that my thoughts about God and the scripture have changed and are changing.  This 'growth' is uncomfortable, and it MAY be at the heart of what you're sharing.  I don't know for sure.  I can't tell you how many times I've been shaken to my bones. 

Besides beginning to see Scripture fold together AND explain the world, I saw results in my own life begin.  Some sins and wrong attitudes just dropped away, the fruit of the Spirit began to grow.  Stubborn sins began to have less 'dominion' over me.  All this in ways that were sometimes true in my church years, but without patience and power.

It's been three steps forward and two and a half backwards for these five years.  But the more I 'test' what is true, the more true it becomes.  He is patient with you.  I think we should return the favor and be patient with Him.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 03:59:49 PM »

Space,

There are many kindhearted people who trust in different religions other than the word of God.  And there are many kindhearted people who don't believe in God at all.  You look at mankind and you see our failures and you think to yourself,  who are we to come to you and say this is the truth? 

Maybe you don't want to read any religious books at all for a while, like Dennis suggested.  Step back and give yourself a break and time to stabilize.  God isn't angry with you.  God is very patient.

Maybe you're hungry or something, so maybe go to a cafe or your fav restaurant and get something to eat.  Let someone else wait on your for a while and just relax.  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »

As someone who is heavily entranched by science all around him, fom physics to chemistry and biology, I can assure you the evidence and declarations of God's might and power are ALL around us. From the largest stars to the smallest of atoms and everything in between. This is coming from someone who is reminded everyday of "evolution" and why it explains our origins.

Not that I'm trying to convince you of anything, I just am not concerned for ultimate well being. Doubt, fear, curse, cry, laugh, live all you want. The end will be the same. God will redeem you, faith or no faith.

This fall ill be graduating with a bachelors in cellular biology, biological sciences (BS).

Still trying my best to get into med school, its my ultimate goal! Pediatrics :)

But, anyway, all my studies have only furthered to strengthen my beliefs and I say all this to you so that you know, its not coming from a position of ignorance.

In Christ,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »

Hi Jase,

Whatever it is you are going through sounds very sad, however, I don't believe you've lost total faith in God because you have come to a bible-based forum seeking help.  That just doesn't add up to me. :-\

In harmony with what Alex said, no one here can restore your faith or convince you of any spiritual truths.  We just don't have the power to do so.  Only God can do that.  Your journey has already been determined.  You will either believe in this Age or in one of the Ages to come.

I will, however, be praying for you. 

René   

John from Kentucky

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 01:55:08 AM »

It's O.K. to be lost.  Jesus came to save the lost.  Jesus leaves the ninety-nine sheep and goes in search of and finds and saves the one lost sheep.

I think the one belief that unifies all of us here is that Jesus will save everyone.

No one will ever be lost.

Gina

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 02:20:13 AM »

A word aptly spoken.  Wow.  Thanks, JFK.  I'll store that away in my memory bank. 

thewatchman

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 02:55:22 AM »

Everyone loses heart at sometime Jase. It's wonderful to have that naive idealistic faith. There's a safety in it. Just like when you first learn your parents are not perfect, so it is a jolt to realize how much contraversy there is in christianity. For me, what has kept me grounded is the way God has changed me. In spite of everything around me, no matter what people say, it always comes back to our personal experiences. If God has worked something in your life, then hold onto it. You will come out of it. That is how faith is built. In the tough times.

Rex8

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 03:56:09 AM »

You probably aren't going to like this response .Gods purpose is to ween you off the scriptures and religion.Paul clearly states the scriptures are a  schoolmaster .and yes ...I understand the irony of that statement yet that is how God does things.

EVERYTHING is the infinite process of growth...salvation..deliverance.The letter kills ..the spirit is life.Yahshua told the pharisees "you search the scripture thinking that in them you have life yet you fail to come to me whom they are written".
They sought God in all the wrong ways.. in  books of what is written...yet it is through the books(knowledge) that we meet God...but not know God.It is no coincidence that the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil was the catalyst of separation.

God cast the whole world into Babylon..the confusion of language ... and has not unconfused it yet.The written word is half of the two edged sword  ...the half that kills..the spirit is life.The spirit life is not alive until the letter crucifies you and you are crucified to it.

Yahshua never admonished the disciple to study the scriptures.He did not go off by himself to study the scriptures so he could hear the Fathers will.Everything Yahshua  did he "heard" from the Father.When Peter made the proclamation you are The Christ the Son of God and Yahshua told him flesh and blood (written or spoken words) have not revealed that to you but my Father...THAT is the keys to the kingdom..revelation from the Father..THAT is communion..being in the TRUE Holy of Holies ...not the one with the ark of the covenant ... a box ... God is showing he can't be contained in that box.God is not the Ten commandments....God is not the manna they ate in the wilderness ..the anointing is not in Aarons rod...It is GOD...living in YOU.In your midst.The Kingdom of God comes WITHOUT observation.

Are the scriptures sin..God forbid! they serve a purpose...  The scriptures are a schoolmaster that lead us to the anointing (christ) when we have grown to be a man we no longer do things as a child...we become sons and heirs.

One of the  first steps is being weened off of teachers.Paul and Apollos experienced the fallout from teacher worshipers.Their disciples begin to worship them as Yahshua.Thinking THEY had the words of life.He clearly told them they didn't save them they were messengers at best.Paul was extremely flawed.He was the chiefest of sinners YET he had a religious pedigree that he rattled off as a Pharisee born of the tribe of Benjamin circumcised on the 8th day BLAMELESS in the law(highly studied)..and yet  then proclaimed he counted it  ALL DUNG in comparison to his communion with Yahshua in the anointing.

We ALL must shed our baby skin to grow up.We will cling to our parents until we die to them in immaturity  to be reborn as mature and independent.Contrary to popular religious belief salvation is infinite.We are ALWAYS growing an always will.That is part of the immaturity to think that once we have been "given"(and most assuredly it is given") a few basic doctrines like the myth of hell,salvation for all,etc etc....we have matured....that is a sign of immaturity... adolescent thinking they have grown enough and are now men.

We will ALL be made naked and  stripped of our fig leaf from the tree of knowledge of good and evil until we are clothed with maturity by the tree of Life (the spirit)but the process STILL continues on toward the fullness in the anointing (christ).It is all the process of salvation.EVERYTHING is the salvation of God (Yahshua) and always WILL be.

Losing your faith in a God that doesn't exist is part of the process.A few "believed"(and the many still do)  in the God "of love" who was going to torture the majority of humanity in eternal hell but ALL will know that is a false God.That is an "obvious" truth...  a shallow truth of the deep things of God.Until someone gets past the basics..   they can't get the DEEP .All false doctrines of God must die until all that is left is God and only God.

The beauty is GOD is doing it all...and every new revelation from the Father  is bigger than the previous but not always obvious.It is not a leap of faith it is  GIANT STEPS...so yes losing "your " faith is a good thing.We are "being" saved by grace THROUGH faith NOT of our own ....it is GODS faith.

God uses the most unorthodox methods man wouldn't use to shake up our false world of religion.Babylon is not so easily escaped...especially when someone thinks that are not in it anymore.The good thing is you are aware something is happening.The opposite is worse...best of luck in the recovery....

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:19:09 PM by Rex8 »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 05:08:55 AM »

Hi Space

So I thought a lot about what you said and so I asked myself why do I believe and why am I here now. So I pretty much grew up in church and knew of Him but didn’t know Him, till certain events led me to cry out to Him and I experienced His life in me and I couldn’t deny that. So I have some good times in Him and tough times. I use to despise God for what He was doing in me but I knew it was Him, so I fought against Him only to lose every time. Like this verse says

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.

That’s what I was getting for all my efforts. I’m saying to God I know what it is right so why don’t you do this, it seems to make sense to me but God says No Rhys. I’m glad He did and still does as it only leads to death. So many times I think well I’m doing this only to find nothing there for me, just a whole lot of emptiness with a pointless existence. He draws me to a place where I have to surrender to Him and say Sorry Lord I tried doing it my way and it just doesn’t work and I just give up so show me Lord and He does. Here is another verse that I love:

Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Thank God He has showed me the error of my ways and how to begin to live life in a more blessed way. Now I can spend time with You and experience your joy even through the hardships.

James 1: 2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

He is working in me now through these trials and I’m beginning to count it all for joy as I see it’s His loving hand guiding me and perfecting me. I wonder so many times what’s going on here Lord and why me and I see he is doing His work in His time on me and we all have our time, that’s in His hands. You know I cry too much going through this and I don’t cry for nothing.

So I close with this verse because I’m weak and completely helpless without Him. I’ve got nowhere else to turn. I tried it my way and failed.

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

God bless you my friend. I feel for where you are at and pray the Lord will show you the way home in His loving name.

Rhys
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:15:36 AM by Rhys »
🤫

Reg

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »

Space.ace.jas,

You said, "what if the Bible was just written by a bunch of fiction writers and that there is no God..."

This is the part I'm responding to. Personally, I have gone through this and there was no amount of scripture that helped me as I could not at the time trust them as the true word of God.  The only thing that helped was to use the mind that I was given and search for the truth of the matter.  Was the Bible really from God and do we have the right books? I spent years digging through a lot of junk before I found what I am convinced is the truth.  I believe there is a proverb about how one man will sound right until you hear what the other has to say.  Maybe you won't have to do that, but when you are vulnerable and confused a lot of wrong teachers can really make finding the truth murky.

Ray does talk extensively about how we got the Bible and it it's one of those truths that has helped me a lot on this matter.

In the section
Introductions, announcements,& more of Rays teachings
There is the childboards section underneath,
Click on- transcripts of Rays audios

Then scroll down and open up
How we got the Bible  mobile conference 2007
I would recommend reading the transcripts as if my memory is correct, the audios don't always match up.

I really hope this helps in your search for the truth :)

Sorry Reg

darren

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »

Rex8 i must say that was a beautifull reply.

GaryK

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 05:46:28 PM »

I think I have lost my faith in God

I don't know what to think anymore, about God, about the bible - about why I am even alive. I feel like the waves of life keep crashing on me and eroding away my beliefs.

If you're worried about it you probably haven't.

It's not up to you anyway.

If you lose it, you lose it.  If you don't, you don't.

You're just having a bad day.

This too shall pass.

And you'll be fine.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 01:53:11 AM »

You probably aren't going to like this response .Gods purpose is to ween you off the scriptures and religion.Paul clearly states the scriptures are a  schoolmaster .and yes ...I understand the irony of that statement yet that is how God does things.

EVERYTHING is the infinite process of growth...salvation..deliverance.The letter kills ..the spirit is life.Yahshua told the pharisees "you search the scripture thinking that in them you have life yet you fail to come to me whom they are written".
They sought God in all the wrong ways.. in  books of what is written...yet it is through the books(knowledge) that we meet God...but not know God.It is no coincidence that the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil was the catalyst of separation.

God cast the whole world into Babylon..the confusion of language ... and has not unconfused it yet.The written word is half of the two edged sword  ...the half that kills..the spirit is life.The spirit life is not alive until the letter crucifies you and you are crucified to it.

Yahshua never admonished the disciple to study the scriptures.He did not go off by himself to study the scriptures so he could hear the Fathers will.Everything Yahshua  did he "heard" from the Father.When Peter made the proclamation you are The Christ the Son of God and Yahshua told him flesh and blood (written or spoken words) have not revealed that to you but my Father...THAT is the keys to the kingdom..revelation from the Father..THAT is communion..being in the TRUE Holy of Holies ...not the one with the ark of the covenant ... a box ... God is showing he can't be contained in that box.God is not the Ten commandments....God is not the manna they ate in the wilderness ..the anointing is not in Aarons rod...It is GOD...living in YOU.In your midst.The Kingdom of God comes WITHOUT observation.

Are the scriptures sin..God forbid! they serve a purpose...  The scriptures are a schoolmaster that lead us to the anointing (christ) when we have grown to be a man we no longer do things as a child...we become sons and heirs.

One of the  first steps is being weened off of teachers.Paul and Apollos experienced the fallout from teacher worshipers.Their disciples begin to worship them as Yahshua.Thinking THEY had the words of life.He clearly told them they didn't save them they were messengers at best.Paul was extremely flawed.He was the chiefest of sinners YET he had a religious pedigree that he rattled off as a Pharisee born of the tribe of Benjamin circumcised on the 8th day BLAMELESS in the law(highly studied)..and yet  then proclaimed he counted it  ALL DUNG in comparison to his communion with Yahshua in the anointing.

We ALL must shed our baby skin to grow up.We will cling to our parents until we die to them in immaturity  to be reborn as mature and independent.Contrary to popular religious belief salvation is infinite.We are ALWAYS growing an always will.That is part of the immaturity to think that once we have been "given"(and most assuredly it is given") a few basic doctrines like the myth of hell,salvation for all,etc etc....we have matured....that is a sign of immaturity... adolescent thinking they have grown enough and are now men.

We will ALL be made naked and  stripped of our fig leaf from the tree of knowledge of good and evil until we are clothed with maturity by the tree of Life (the spirit)but the process STILL continues on toward the fullness in the anointing (christ).It is all the process of salvation.EVERYTHING is the salvation of God (Yahshua) and always WILL be.

Losing your faith in a God that doesn't exist is part of the process.A few "believed"(and the many still do)  in the God "of love" who was going to torture the majority of humanity in eternal hell but ALL will know that is a false God.That is an "obvious" truth...  a shallow truth of the deep things of God.Until someone gets past the basics..   they can't get the DEEP .All false doctrines of God must die until all that is left is God and only God.

The beauty is GOD is doing it all...and every new revelation from the Father  is bigger than the previous but not always obvious.It is not a leap of faith it is  GIANT STEPS...so yes losing "your " faith is a good thing.We are "being" saved by grace THROUGH faith NOT of our own ....it is GODS faith.

God uses the most unorthodox methods man wouldn't use to shake up our false world of religion.Babylon is not so easily escaped...especially when someone thinks that are not in it anymore.The good thing is you are aware something is happening.The opposite is worse...best of luck in the recovery....

Rex8,

You are a liar and false teacher.  Be warned because you are leading the unlearned and unstable astray.

You lie when you state God's purpose is to wean us off Scripture.  You lie when you state the Scriptures are a schoolmaster.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster... Gal 3:24  The law is our schoolmaster, not the Scriptures.

Jesus said, ...the Scripture cannot be broken. John 10:35

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.  2 Tim 3:16

The Scriptures are God's Word.  Thy Word is truth. John 17:17

You need to take care or you will come under God's direct judgment.  It was false religious teachers that drew Jesus' greatest condemnation because they led people astray from God's truths and taught lies.

John

Very much in agreement with John on this way. Anyone who says that we are to be weaned off the sciptures is a false teacher.

Luke 4:4 "And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Psalm 119:160 "The sum of Thy word [is] truth, And to the age [is] every judgment of Thy righteousness![/color]"
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rito1980

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 02:11:19 AM »

Amen Rex8  :)
1 Corinthians 13
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

G. Driggs

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

I don't know what to think anymore, about God, about the bible - about why I am even alive. I feel like the waves of life keep crashing on me and eroding away my beliefs. What if the bible was just written by a bunch of fiction writers and that there is no God. What if all this is wrong, I mean their is no proof of God right? What makes the bible right and other writings (the Quran, etc) wrong. Each person in every religion is SURE that what they believe is the 100% truth and that everyone else is wrong.

I can totally relate to how your feeling. I get this way once in a while when things aren't going my way, or when i just wanna give up on trying to do the right thing.

Found this quote from Ray which I hope will encourage you.

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html

THERE IS HOPE FOR THE BUILDERS ON SAND

Yes, there is HOPE for all those who build their house upon the sand? But there is hope only according to God’s choosing. Remember, "many are called, but FEW ARE CHOSEN."

Every one who is chosen out from the called, will have first built their spiritual house upon the sand, and it will FALL! Every one who is of the chosen FEW will leave his "First Love" (Rev. 2:4). There is a time when all of the chosen will "look back," and see a time when they were not, "…FIT for the Kingdom of God" (Luke 9:62). It happened to Peter, it happened to the other eleven apostles, it happened to Paul, it happened to Paul’s followers, it happened to the entire early church, it will happen to US!

THE HOUSE UPON THE ROCK

"Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon THE rock; And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and it fell NOT; for it was founded [foundationed] upon THE ROCK" (Matt. 7:24-25).

Oh yes, the rains and floods and winds of trials and persecution will surely come, but we have this absolute assurance of God:

"Now unto Him that is able to KEEP YOU FROM FALLING, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour through Jesus Christ our Lord, be GLORY and MAJESTY, DOMINION and POWER, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 24).

I love this verse. Read it over a half dozen times. It is sheer spiritual poetry! This is one of those absolutely POWER-PACKED Scriptures that should make our hair stand up! It is in verses like this that the King James Version really shines.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:32:28 AM by G. Driggs »

Kat

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 06:59:02 PM »

Hi space.ace.jase,

God is the foundation of all truth, seek His help first and foremost. Get your mind firmly fixed on the truth that God is sovereign, then you will not be so tossed about with all the confusion that men has dreamed up.

James 1:5  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
v. 6  But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

It takes faith to believe in God and where do we get that?

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

Pray often and petitioner God, ask Him to open your eyes to the truth, the ONE TRUTH.

The Scripture is invaluable in our pursuit of the truth, it is the living Word of God given to men He has specially prepared to write it and preserve it. And God can and does use the Scripture to teach and inspire all His people.

1Th 2:13  For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

Ask so that you might receive... pray that God will open your eyes and search the Scripture, the Truth is there. I have total faith that the Scriptures are God's revelation to man, there are too many righteous men and women in it give testimony of it's truth, not to believe it. Also most importantly God's Spirit bears witness to us it is truth.

Eph 6:13  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
v. 14  Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
v. 15  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
v. 16  above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
v. 17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
v. 18  praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.