bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I have lost my faith in God  (Read 10908 times)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I think I have lost my faith in God
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 11:56:56 PM »

These scriptures come to mind.
Colossians 2:6-10
6-As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7-Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8-Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9-For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
10-And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Joel

adiamondintheson

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 03:47:45 PM »

Kat...
I am so thankful to see you respond on here.  Dennis & I study every day with the things from the forum and from all of Rays materials.  I will say... The difference in how we 'feel' is unbelievable... the concept of God and who He is and what He has done and is doing is so changed from what it was.  God is not some figure (out of reach)... He is spirit and is everywhere... That is all different from when I was raised in the ministers home.  Every day, all day long, He is with us in every situation.  I find myself relying on Him when my children take the wrong roads.. and it seems so messed up.  That is a brand new faith and understanding... the doubts I used to have, are being replaced with a trust and faith that everything (even the bad things) are there for a purpose.  I can handle problems in my own life easier than I can trust when it's my kids... I guess for some reason, I feel that it's based on THEIR choices... BUT... I am learning.. that God is working thru the choices and it gives me the ability to trust. 
Thanks for being here.. it's a daily encouragement.
Connie & Dennis

Headdy82

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 02:22:04 AM »

The first response from JFK is the most simple yet most touching. Jesus is life and through him we will find him. Everyone has talked about patience and it is all part of our walk. There is a verse about not understanding why we go through what we do but it is for a purpose. I have to find it because I read it the other day and it makes sense! I was starting to question as well and was looking for answers and the Lord showed me that verse. When I find it, I will post it for you. Keep the faith,  we all overcome with Christ.  Much love.   :D

darren

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 02:34:06 AM »

Each person in every religion is SURE that what they believe is the 100% truth and that everyone else is wrong.

I just don't know anymore...yes, here is where the big lie begins: religion. u are correct my friend, everybody;s religion is the correct one. The only true teachings. The Muslim the Koren, the Jews , the Torah, the Christians, the Bible. Buddha. Hinduism, name it and the believers will swear by their gods that their religion is the true teachings of god or gods. man can not live on bread alone, but by every word of God. God's Word is spirit. We can know much by reading the scripture gain much head knowledge and yet never gain wisdom, love and truth. I believe Mr. L Ray Smith spoke about head knowledge and religious hobbies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.