bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I ask you a question?  (Read 9523 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Can I ask you a question?
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:44:53 AM »

So, those of you who know me from the forum know I have a college student son who is 'gay'. I love him so much but this breaks my heart. So, here's the question and then the prayer request. Do you know people who God has led away from that life and led them to change their heart? I hear about it, but I haven't met anyone personally.
 I go months at a time and I'm ok. And then something like tonight when my son has that equality symbol on his facebook page just brings a wave of sorrow. I know all of this is of God, but man it is hard. So, the prayer request is to just find peace again. And if God would please get in Nathan's face so he can't avoid Him.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Can I ask you a question?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 02:49:57 AM »

So, those of you who know me from the forum know I have a college student son who is 'gay'. I love him so much but this breaks my heart. So, here's the question and then the prayer request. Do you know people who God has led away from that life and led them to change their heart? I hear about it, but I haven't met anyone personally.

I know of at least one that God IS LEADING away from this life and changing heart.  It may not be a done deal, but this thing goes very deep and salvation is a process as always...a process with a sure and positive end.

I go months at a time and I'm ok. And then something like tonight when my son has that equality symbol on his facebook page just brings a wave of sorrow. I know all of this is of God, but man it is hard. So, the prayer request is to just find peace again. And if God would please get in Nathan's face so he can't avoid Him.

We're going to go through the age of the ages being "OK".  Hang onto your 'months' as it's very likely the Lord is dealing with you more than He is with Nathan right now. 

Still, 1Co 6:11 gives me hope for "some of us" and we shouldn't judge things before their time.  "Their time" is in God's time--due season.  I can pray for Nathan within the will of God and I will.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:54:19 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:18:49 AM »

Hi octoberose

Only known a few gay people but not that well so can’t help you much there but will pray for you and your son and that you may experience His peace in your life.

Keep looking to Him and know that God is in control. He will not fail us and not fail Nathan.

Psa 73:28  But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Bless you

Rhys
🤫

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »

Thank you for the kind replies.
 I wrenched my arm and have been out of it for a couple of days so it's taken me too long to get back here.
 I realized that I did know a counselor who had been in same sex relationships and one's with women also- he is married now to a woman.  And he gives God the glory for that. I wonder why I couldn't even think of his story the other day? I think the emotion of it all just took over.
 The Psalms 73 quote is a very good one to remember. And yes, I think God is dealing with me now, and not the prodigal son of mine.
Please don't think I love him less- I may love him more because of this because it takes more of a intervening love from God to see past the sadness. And I don't look at other families with problems and think they are reaping what they sewed- because I am in the same boat with them. It's given me a greater kindness to everyone.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:13:30 PM »

Do you know people who God has led away from that life and led them to change their heart? I hear about it, but I haven't met anyone personally.

Hi Octoberrose,

Here is a scripture that confirms this very thing.  Paul was inspired to write:

1 Cor. 6:9-11 - "...Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God."

I do hope you notice that homosexuality is just one of many unrigteous acts mentioned.  All these sins need to be cleansed and repented of, not just homosexuality.  Just something to think about as we sometime focus on a particular "sinner in our life.  We all are, or probably, have been "guilty" of one or more of these acts. :-\

René

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:19 PM »

thank you rené for that scripture.  it covers a multitude of sins.  "and such were some of you (us)".  i will stand and say "amen" for i was one of them. 

Praises to our LORD for the washing and sanctification His blood provided!

claudia

darren

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 04:55:25 AM »

first of all if we truly believe that God is in control of all things then we must except this is Gods Will for ur son for now. who knows what Gods plan is for ur son in the future. I understand you heart weighs heavy. I think u should pray for understanding, wisdom,patient and knowledge. As Ive been told many times here at B.T. GOD has me right where I belong at this time in my life. Just as this is where God has ur son at this time in this moment of his life. When The Lord see fit He will move on ur son. Be it in this age r the next. No amount of praying is going to change ur son. its all on Gods time table. pray for yourself, pray for acceptance, for an open heart,understanding and peace of mind and most of all unconditional love Let go let God take care of ur son. Just a thought

Gina

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 02:36:10 PM »

My daughter is in a same sex relationship.  She has a facebook page too and wanted me to sign up at one point and connect but I told her I wouldn't sign up on facebook because I knew I'd likely be one that spends all their time on it.  But I got curious one day and looked at her account and she had all kinds of videos on it and things like you described about "equal rights" and all this.    I haven't looked at it since.  I won't be exposing myself to that and allowing her views to get me  all worked up over it.  Haven't said a word to her about any of it.  I just pray that God protects her from the lies that she's exposing herself to and opens her eyes. 

I didn't raise my daughter.  She was adopted at birth and it was an open adoption, so I knew her entire adoptive family from the time she was born and they're very kind, caring, and intelligent people as far as I could see.  So can't blame her parents for her desires.  I don't know why she chooses to be in a same sex relationship. 

I cannot and will never accept the gay lifestyle and agenda.  I mean, you want to talk about indoctrination?  Equal?  Not at all because God said, be fruitful and multiply -- but gays and lesbians can't multiply.  Their only recourse is to attempt to indoctrinate to gain approval.  I do not approve of that, just as many people don't approve of my cigarette habit because it's harmful and it stinks.  haha  But I know it's because they care about me and my health -- not that they "hate" me.

I know someone who told me he sees a little boy about 4 years old or something, acting all effeminate, and he says to me one day "I'm sorry, but that kid is gay."  Oh so basically he's already assigned the kid over to being a boy who wants to sleep with other boys or sees him as a grown man who will one day be in a same sex relationship, and not just a boy who likes girly things and hanging out with girls.  Okie dokie.

It's not be the worst sin in the world but I don't like it either, Octoberose.  Just like they don't like that I don't like it.  :)   My only obligation to those who choose that lifestyle is to try to remain civil.  I "forebear to hate," and stay out of their way as much as possible.  It's not my job to change or save anyone from that lifestyle. 

I'm praying for your son, Octoberose. :)

Gina

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 02:33:38 AM »

Oh, and I forgot to mention that up until she was 17 or 18, my daughter was attracted to and dated boys.  Then, she got indoctrinated by a girl who was a lesbian, and the rest is history.  (I just received a PM from a gay person here who claims to have been born that way and is sick of being hated because of the way God chose for him to be born.  I said, Welcome to my world!  I was hated just for being born.  ha!  For the record:  I don't hate gays.   It's a no win situation with the gays and the people who back them.  Because if you don't applaud and approve their lifestyle, then you're labeled a "hater," or a "homophobe."  And I will say this till the day I die:  Homophobia is a condition that arises in people who applaud and approve and support the gays and lesbians' lifestyles and grant them "marriage" certificates because they're afraid of the backlash from the gay and lesbian lobbyists and are afraid of being labeled a "hater" -- it's cowardice robed in "love."  That's what homophobia is--I don't care what the dictionary says.)

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 04:35:08 AM »

octoberose and shorty, i will pray for each of you and for your children.  i'm sure that it's a difficult place for a parent to find themselves in.  reminds me of how difficult it must be sometimes for our Father God when He sees us in sinful situations.  patience and endurance and going directly to God for wisdom and strength.  that is my prayer for both of you.

God will not fail.

claudia

Gina

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 09:03:55 PM »

Thanks, Claudia.

As much I don't like it, I'll take a gay child over a dead one or one who goes around raping and murdering people, or one who is laid up in a hospital and/or suffering from some horrible illness or trauma... any day.  But that's me.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »

http://bible-truths.com/homosex.htm

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm#gay

and plenty of others here:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html

It's certainly NOT just practicing homosexuals who will not be reigning with Christ as His Elect.  And it is certainly NOT only 'their' lusts of the eyes, of the flesh, and the pride of life which will be burned away in the Fire of God.  It's as difficult to pin down every natural 'reason' for homosexuality as it is every 'reason' for any other sin.  Ultimately, the mercy shown by God will be to free all of us from what besets us after He has subjected us to the prison.  Sooner is better than later, but all is of God for His purpose.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 10:45:03 PM »

.  I said, Welcome to my world!  I was hated just for being born.  ha!

That's a good one.  I see that in life so often and it's not just with the sodomites.  If you don't agree with their conduct then you 'hate' them.  I've received some tough love before and that at the hand of the Father.  Quite often it's not until quite later that we can look back and see that which we thought was hate was in fact the most tenderous love.

Patric

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »

I hide my sexuality LOL I am drawn to being a cuckold.....all my fantasies are about it and I am attracted to dominate women. As a result I am a virgin and try my best to stay out of relationships with women.....and I do not pursue men....but I find both men and woman arousing in sexual aspects within my fantasy. I do not support gays....I do not like myself. I am not gay but maybe bi or tri sexual is more an appropriate term if I was active sexually. I do not think any woman in her right mind would marry me unless she cuckolded me. This would involve so many breaking of the commandments and sins that any Godly woman would surely run like hell from me. Few know this side of me.....but I have been 'special' since I was about 12 and was abused by a brother sexually....my mom did all the punishments. I know crave humiliation, punishment, chastisement, emasculation, feminizing, torture, abuse and to be forced to obey. My mind and body are stimulated by these things.....so much so that I say it is beyond mental or physical....it is spiritual......I will be best as a single person. I can only imagine the sins I would par take of if I was with a woman or a man.....or both....and lived out my cuckoldry.

Gina

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »

I too was attacked and molested for approximately 6 months when I was 8 by my "older" sister (12 yrs old) (until discovered by other family members who were utterly shocked and I felt sorry for them, so I said to my sister - this is not fun for me anymore and I want to stop.   It hurt her feelings but I was definitely pushed into it by her - quite literally).

I never had a desire for a female before that time, and to this day, I have no desire for a female (but I can definitely see why men find them so attractive because the simple fact of the matter is, many females are absolutely gorgeous inside and out and there is no denying that. Thank God I can get away with looking at females without lusting after them or getting smacked upside the head by my SO.  ;D )

I get so tired of hearing I was "born gay."  No, people definitely "exchange the natural use of their bodies," just as the scripture states.  And no it's not the worst sin the world by far!  But it causes a lot of psychological harm, especially if someone was pushed into it or indoctrinated like I was, and that is to say nothing of the potential physical harm - which also exists in heterosexual relationships, but the risks are much lower.

Then there are the transgender/sexuals who are born that way and they truly cannot help the way they are.  That's a different post though.

I thank God my daughter lives in a world and a society where the chances of her getting beaten or stoned or ostracized are slim to none.  After all, you can hardly say anything about gays these days or you run the risk of being sued for a hate crime.

Gina

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »

And in case you're wondering, my sister who molested me is married to her second husband who she's been with since 24.  She is now 52.  Yes, people can and do change.

Rito1980

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »

OctoberRose I'll be praying for your sons illness. I think it would help if he turned off the television. The media conditions people to be gay.

darren

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 03:25:05 AM »

If one believes that God is in control of all things and His Will is always done then one must believe Gods Will at this moment in this time for your son to be gay. Ray taught that we have no free will. Yet we do make choices.  MAN, I just confused the blank out of myself. I think i will say no more on this matter.

Rito1980

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 03:00:26 AM »

If one believes that God is in control of all things and His Will is always done then one must believe Gods Will at this moment in this time for your son to be gay. Ray taught that we have no free will. Yet we do make choices.  MAN, I just confused the blank out of myself. I think i will say no more on this matter.

Thats what i tell myself every single DAY

Avidfisher

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »

I would say where he dwells spiritually is more important than work he dwells in the flesh
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 23 queries.