bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for the ability to forgive  (Read 5588 times)

orion77

Please pray for the ability to forgive
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:24:08 PM »

I have been praying to God for the strength it takes to forgive those who persecute, through wrong doctrines and knowledge.  Seems things are coming to a head here where I live.  The persecution, gossip, false accusation, and outright hatred for the belief God has given me, is almost unbearable.  I have never tried to force my beliefs on another, but only when asked.

Now, it has gone past the believable, to the outrageous.  The only way I can get through this is through prayers from fellow believers.  I have never been one to ask for prayers, yet God has brought me to a point in life, where it seems the only way out is through prayer.  Please help, I have seen persecution for His sake before, but this is far worse than I could of imagined.

All of this coming from people who go to church on sundays, and proclaim they are saved.  Honestly, asides from their religious belief they are good people, but those false doctrines, is what the bottom line is.  They murder my name and character all the day long, simply because I don't belileve as they do.  This has always amazed me, if they really know God, why the anger, and I am talking about severe anger.  Truly incredible, just can't understand it.

The prayer, truthfully, what I ask for is not for me, but for those who are persecuting me for the wrong reasons.  Please prayer for those, so they will not digress to a lower point to do something regretible. 

It has gotten to the point, where I feel like David, where in the Psalms, he is constantly surrounded by his enemies.  I am not perfect, and I have not treated these people the way they are treating me, so please send a prayer to bring a miracle to these people, and a healing to their eyes, so they can SEE, if only for a little while.  If nothing at all, at least they can become as merciful and forgiving as the God they say they worship.

The traditiion taught through the precepts of man, by the very strong bellief of a tortuous God, through the doctrine of hell, is very pervasive where I live.  A belief passed on from generation to generation, until absolutely unthinkable that God is any other way.  I have seen the scripture, where Jesus said, they will think they are doing Gods service, but now experience has shown this to be so true.

My only hope is that these people will see the Truth, and I know that day will come.  Maybe that is why patience is the key.  I can only see through these things that we are all very blessed to have a God, that truly is long suffering and merciful to us and to all. 

I also, know there are many others going through simular circumstances.  It is just now that it has grown to incredible proportions.  I would appreciate any prayers.  Thanks.

God bless,

Gary

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:25:26 PM by orion77 »

lauraathome2005

Re: Please pray for the ability to forgive
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 01:32:28 AM »

Dear Gary,
You're right, and there are countless others going through the same persecution, perhaps on different levels, but nonetheless perscecution.

Joh 15:20  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also

Keep your heart close to the joy and His love.  When you share His truths in love, and they hate you, ultimately, it can only be one way... LOVE.  His love cannot be separated or broken, it can't lose.  Obviously, by your words, you love these children of God who haven't been blessed with the understanding that you have.  Keep on loving them and keep on fighting the good fight.  Remembe the victory, allow them the right to believe what God has given them to believe, but most importantly, love them.  That love will prove all that He is.  Blessings, Laura 

orion77

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 01:42:11 AM »

Thank you for those words, Laura.  At times this walk, He has for us, is tough, yet you know it is those times that bring us closer into His fold.  Amazing how totally different than what the world sees.

God bless your heart.

Gary

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:02:16 AM »

Gary,

I certainly will remember you in my prayers,

Joe

ned

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 10:13:20 AM »

Dear Gary:
I admire the love in your heart for your persecutors.  What a shame they can't see your heart!

While I know we should pray for ALL things - in must be in spirit and truth. What is happening to you was foretold and we can't change it...the Lord's will be done.  As you know, they will get their just reward:

2Pe 2:13  "And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes,  sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you."

But for you Gary,
Mat 5:11-12  "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, FOR MY SAKE. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad for great is your reward in heaven for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

I pray for your steadfastness and I pray when I go through such persecution, I would have your heart.

Blessings,
Marie

buddyjc

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:43:04 PM »

God bless you Gary.  I will add you to the list my brother.  Persecution for your faith is a tough thing to deal with.  It's so easy to become bitter, so I will pray for you daily.  Stay close to the people in this forum, because you won't find a better love. 

Your Brother, and Happy to Be,
Brian

all4love

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 03:20:48 PM »

Gary,

I understand completely what you are going through, my husband was going through a similiar situation.  I will pray that God gives you the patience and strength to endure unto the end.  Know that he is by your side through all trials and tribulations.

Love and peace my brother in Christ,
Amy

orion77

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 10:24:35 PM »

Thank all of you for your words of encouragement and prayers

Your hellp in a time of need speaks greatly.  I truly appreciate it.

God bless,

Gary

Sorin

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 10:46:53 PM »

Gary,

I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care,
Sorin

orion77

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:33 AM »

Thank you, Sorin.

We were never told it would be a walk in the park, to follow Jesus.  The thing I must keep in my mind is that our reward is not from, or of this world. 

Yet, we are still in this world, hence the sufferings and persucutions.  I guess, the harder the lesson, the more learned, and gained.  Must be true, and these type of lessons, bring us closer to our Lord.  Seems it brings a deeper sincerity with true heart felt honesty.

Thanks for your prayers, God bless.

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.