bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blot out  (Read 6467 times)

ciy

Blot out
« on: July 30, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »

I am getting some verses ready for a group I am meeting with tonight and I was looking at Revelation 3:5 where it says "and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life" 

Now let me know if this is not for this forum and may better be for an email to Ray, but does this imply that everyone's name is written in the book of life?  Then if you are not faithful until the end your name is blotted out.  The many are called (written in the book of life) few are chosen (not blotted out of the book of life) 

If Ray has written on this let me know or if I have missed something let me know.  Maybe it does not matter whether written and blotted out or not written and added at the end, but it seems to me to be important. 
Thanks.
CIY

ned

Re: Blot out
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 02:56:03 PM »

Hi Ciy,
These verses tell me that only those chosen from before the world began are in this book of life.

Rev 17:8  The beast that thou sawest was, and is not, and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life FROM THE FOUNDATION of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

When I first seen this verse, I thought maybe all were originally in the book of life, but after re-reading, I gather these "other books" that are opened are the ones that have everyone's works written in them.
Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, stand  before God and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged out of thoese things which were written in the books, according to their works.

That's how I see it.

May God bless your meeting tonight.

Marie

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 05:37:49 PM »

Here is some info from the e-mail section of B-T.

http://bible-truths.com/email8.htm#blotted

ciy

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 06:57:37 PM »

Thanks Patrick

That pretty much nailed my question.  Marie you also gave me much help.  Praise God that we will not be blotted.

CIY

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 07:01:59 PM »

Patrick
I read the link to BT emails and cut and paste this paragraph from the email
Is this line underlined in red a typo???

What is the book of life? JESUS CHRIST IS THE WALKING, TALKING, LIVING BOOK OF LIFE.  The Father has given His son  LIFE, and Jesus can not give that same LIFE to anyone He desires. People don't have their names written on a page in a literal book, and then later have an angel come with a bottle of white-out and remove it. Those who are not walking, talking, and living the life of Christ in them are CONTINUALLY BEING BLOTTED OUT OF LIVING BOOK OF CHRIST. Life is not in a book, but in CHRIST WHO IS THE LIVING BOOK.  

Thanks

Beloved    ???

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 01:03:09 AM »

I think I know the answer, but I'll keep it to myself at this time. Maybe the mods can get the answer/explanation for you.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 08:52:42 AM »

Patrick
I read the link to BT emails and cut and paste this paragraph from the email
Is this line underlined in red a typo???

What is the book of life? JESUS CHRIST IS THE WALKING, TALKING, LIVING BOOK OF LIFE.  The Father has given His son  LIFE, and Jesus can not give that same LIFE to anyone He desires. People don't have their names written on a page in a literal book, and then later have an angel come with a bottle of white-out and remove it. Those who are not walking, talking, and living the life of Christ in them are CONTINUALLY BEING BLOTTED OUT OF LIVING BOOK OF CHRIST. Life is not in a book, but in CHRIST WHO IS THE LIVING BOOK.  

Thanks

Beloved    ???

Beloved,

No this is not a typo, all things are of the Father, and through His Son. The Father does the choosing and the Son does the reaping.

The Trinity paper deals extensively with this relationship.

I hope this helps,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.