bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: depression  (Read 16401 times)

Rito1980

depression
« on: April 10, 2013, 01:31:43 AM »

can i have people pray for me? ive been gettin more depressed lately. i cant sleep and ive been gettin a feeling im goin to die in a bad way. all i do is cry and i dont have anyone to talk to. i was gettin better but im feeling hopeless.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: depression
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:58:12 AM »

can i have people pray for me? ive been gettin more depressed lately. i cant sleep and ive been gettin a feeling im goin to die in a bad way. all i do is cry and i dont have anyone to talk to. i was gettin better but im feeling hopeless.

Hi Rito,

I will certainly be praying for you.

God bless,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:23:35 AM »

Me too.

Gina

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:10:14 AM »

Why are you depressed?  I'm not accusing you of having no reason, or trying to torture you for feeling this way...there IS a reason, and I'm asking you what it is.

I'm just getting over a bout myself, though I didn't have the same 'symptoms'.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gregorydc

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »

Will be praying from here too!
Greg

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 03:55:38 PM »

Praying for you Rito, but please call a "crisis" hotline in your area if it gets too bad.  You probably need professional help.

Also, you can PM me with you phone number.  I'll gladly call you as well. 

René

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

I have a friend who takes fish oil everyday for his depression. He says without it he gets very depressed.

If you want to try it I suggest you buy it at Walmart because their inventory turns fast and it will be fresh.

You may want to Google it for more information.

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

rito, i pray for you too.  i am experiencing depression also at this time.  it is a hard road to travel.  when i tried to discuss this with my sister, she said i need to just think positive thoughts and realize that God has so much in store for me.  while everything she said is true, even thinking positive thoughts, i found her reply to be cold.  i mean i'm facing divorce after 22yrs, very possibly loosing my home, and all i have to do to feel better is to think positive thoughts.  like it is that easy.

rito, our Father God has caused some of us to bound by depression at this time in our lives.  i hate it and go to the Scriptures for healing and peace.  but the depression returns like a dark, dank, overcoat that i am wearing.  He WILL bring us out of it.  He IS inside us going through it with us.

i will continue to pray for your release from your depression and the cause of it, whatever that may be.

take heart in knowing that Christ Jesus is in you and feels your pain intensely.  He has promised that He WILL NOT leave us as orphans in a storm.  continue to come to this forum for uplifting and prayer. 

claudia
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:16:14 PM by cjwood »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »

When I first started taking the blood pressure medicine I would get very depressed about 4:AM every morning. But I knew it was a chemical reaction and toughed it out for about the hour and a-half it took to stop. I remember it was really bad and it makes you want to end it. I know I could not take it all day every day.

I will be praying for you too.

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 04:53:30 PM »

I will pray for you too.

Rito1980

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »

no thank you. that route got me worse.  way worse.

Praying for you Rito, but please call a "crisis" hotline in your area if it gets too bad.  You probably need professional help.

Also, you can PM me with you phone number.  I'll gladly call you as well. 

René

Rito1980

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »

not to mention i was  taken advantage of by someone who i thought was a friend, i lost alot of money thru this friend.  and i didnt mention my bad health.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:50:35 PM by Rito1980 »

Gina

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 02:39:49 AM »

Well, it's true.

I also got the impression having skyped with you, Rito, a couple times about three months ago, that you're suspicious of people's intentions towards you, that you spend time watching negative things on conspiracy theories and such.  And we have to be careful, because that stuff can make your head spin all by itself.  We have to learn to let.some.things.go, and not sit around imagining that "we're going to be next."  If we don't pick our battles wisely, we go through life feeling beaten and battered because we let every.little.thing throw us off balance.  It's not worth it.  Fact is, you're going to find weirdos everywhere, and especially, ESPECIALLY, on the internet because the world is completely and totally off its rocker.  That's just how it is.

Jesus is the Great Physician.  When all else fails, believe God.

Rito1980

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 04:14:51 AM »

well if i started watching conspiracy videos much earlier such as "anti depressants give brain damage" i wouldnt be in the situation that i am. and shorty if you think im a weirdo that real nice of you. And John its hard not to concentrate on myself when i have a neurological condition that makes me not sweat and i get migraines and dizziness during warm weather.  i dont know how im goin to get past the summer.  go ahead and make your  sarcastic jokes now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:33:53 AM by Rito1980 »

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 04:24:48 AM »

Depressed people I have known concentrate on themselves.  They think of themselves constantly.  It is always me, me and mine.

jfk, i don't know the people you have known that were/are depressed, but, as a daughter of God the Father, i am experiencing depression in my life and it is not because i am concentrating on myself.  depressed people get stuck in ruminating about things in their lives for a million different reasons.  it is that stucked-ness that is hard to get out of.  that is where only the Spirit of God the Father, and His Son, can get you unstuck.  the vicious cycle of rumination can be very overwhelming and debilitating to some that are severely depressed.  it can be a particularly hard battle and intense tribulation to go through.

if you have never been stuck in a depression and a cycle of thinking about/ruminating over things in your life then you are fortunate. 

claudia

thewatchman

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 05:07:42 AM »

If I can just interject a little of my personal experience  and wisdom gained, I have found that when I go through these hard times, it is easy to get caught up in the hard times and not see God trying to speak to us through them. We have strongholds in our lives which need breaking and suffering is how God often deals with them to break our carnality down. If I may, when you pray, ask God to reveal to you what he is dealing with and how it got into your life and the wisdom to deal with it, particularly how to pray as with the mouth confession is made to salvation.  I have learned some great things about myself including suffering through physical imfirmities and feeling like giving up my faith. When the stronghold is gone, then the fear has no dwelling place anymore. Otherwise, why go through the depression over and over with no gain? Just going around the mountain over and over again, being blinded by the depression. Hope it helps

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 05:17:42 AM »

If I can just interject a little of my personal experience  and wisdom gained, I have found that when I go through these hard times, it is easy to get caught up in the hard times and not see God trying to speak to us through them. We have strongholds in our lives which need breaking and suffering is how God often deals with them to break our carnality down. If I may, when you pray, ask God to reveal to you what he is dealing with and how it got into your life and the wisdom to deal with it, particularly how to pray as with the mouth confession is made to salvation.  I have learned some great things about myself including suffering through physical imfirmities and feeling like giving up my faith. When the stronghold is gone, then the fear has no dwelling place anymore. Otherwise, why go through the depression over and over with no gain? Just going around the mountain over and over again, being blinded by the depression. Hope it helps

Well said. I've found that myself with the strongholds, not easy going through the suffering but necessary.

Not making light of your problems rito. I have my own struggles so did Paul:

2 Corinthians 11:23-31

23 Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. 24 Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. 26 I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not.[a] 27 I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.

28 Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger?

30 If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am.

Praying for you rito, it's not easy whatever we go through. Do you want to go through what Paul went through?

May God keep you in his warm and comforting embrace

Rhys ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:50:08 AM by Rhys »
🤫

Gina

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »

well if i started watching conspiracy videos much earlier such as "anti depressants give brain damage" i wouldnt be in the situation that i am. and shorty if you think im a weirdo that real nice of you. And John its hard not to concentrate on myself when i have a neurological condition that makes me not sweat and i get migraines and dizziness during warm weather.  i dont know how im goin to get past the summer.  go ahead and make your  sarcastic jokes now.

That was an odd comment.  I never said you were a weirdo. And you know which conspiracy videos I'm talking about.  You don't want to be depressed, but then you'll watch things that would make anyone depressed.  You see videos like, anti-depressants cause brain damage, and in your mind that completely voids any promises that you have from God.  But at least you're talking to someone.  So now you can't say that you have no one to talk to.

And furthermore, I find it hard to believe that the antidepressants gave you those neurological conditions.  I'm sorry, but while I do believe they can be harmful, my sister was on anti-psychotics and anti-anxiety and anti-depressants for decades, and she drank pretty heavily too, and she came off the booze and most of the meds, and her brain works better than mine!  She can remember things in minute detail.  But not everyone's the same.  I should clarify that my sister also tapered down the dosages of her meds, she didn't stop cold turkey.  It's a fact that if you stop any psychiatric medication cold turkey you will experience neurological and emotional trauma.  So, if you stopped your meds cold turkey, then it's possible you injured yourself by coming off of them that way.  I don't suppose the videos you watched about anti-depressants causing brain damage mentioned that, did they?  Still, that doesn't void the promises of God.  He will still heal you. My sister is now like a brand new person.  No depression, very little anxiety.  The other thing that my sister would do was go around picking fights with people in the family and at work and when she'd get taken to task, she would get depressed (but really she was just feeling alone, and angry and guilty because that's not the way to handle things) and start drinking and "oh, I feel a panic attack coming on."  I'm sure she did.  If she was being honest with herself, she might have been able to avoid all that.  We live, we learn.

Here's what MayoClinic says:

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Anhidrosis is the inability to sweat normally. When you don't perspire, your body can't cool itself, which can lead to overheating and sometimes to heatstroke — a potentially fatal condition.

Anhidrosis — sometimes called hypohidrosis — can be difficult to diagnose. Mild anhidrosis often goes unrecognized, and dozens of factors can cause the condition, including skin trauma and certain diseases and medications. You can inherit anhidrosis or develop it later in life.

Treatment of anhidrosis involves addressing the underlying cause, if one can be found.

So if dozens (that's a lot) of factors can cause the problem, how can you be so sure that it was the medications?  It could have been caused by the meds, not saying it wasn't, but do you know that for sure?  Or are you just guessing?

You are carrying a lot of weight, though.  Have you had your thyroid checked?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:34:09 PM by " Shorty " »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 01:48:24 PM »

Rito1980

It is okay to cry.

It is a blessing to feel.

Accept your experience with patience and peace.

Everything will turn out right, in the end. If it is not right, right now, it is not the end.

Arc

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »

arc, thank you.  your comment was the truth in this whole matter.

again you have spoken words of encouragement to soothe the soul of the downtrodden.

claudia
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.