bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lost  (Read 4713 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
lost
« on: April 10, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »

A 100$ today... dear God. That's huge for a broke college kid like myself. arggg

I'm so clumsy sometimes.. has anyone else ever lost a hundred dollars? Maybe more?

I once lost 50$ after recycling cans and bottles but this 100$ loss today takes the whole pie!

Looking for some way to shrug this off but I keep thinking of how hard this 100$ loss is going to be to make up, especially since I don't have a job ... lol

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

Re: lost
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:17:05 AM »

Never lost a $100.  I don't carry anything that small. 

I hope you find it.  I hope God gives you a job, if that's what you want.

gregorydc

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:51:51 AM »

Fear not my brother,
I have found that whenever I am going to need money God always provides for me!  I understand how 100$ means so much when you are broke, been there done that, will pray for God to help you with your finance problems!
Greg

bob

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »

On a shopping trip to home depot I had 130.00 cash in my pocket along with my cell phone. I reached to get my phone to make a call and set money and phone on the shelf where I was standing. I got involved in the call and started walking away forgetting I had set the money down on the shelf. With in minutes I realized what I had done. I went back and it was gone. Not bad enough I lost this money but it was my wife's  money she made baby sitting. When I told her what happened she said " Don't worry about it, maybe someone else needed the money more than us and God led them to it." Any time it came to my mind later what I had done I remembered what she said, it really helped. Bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »

Don't worry about it, maybe someone else needed the money more than us

I lost $100.00 at Sam's Club years ago and had the same thought. But it was not that big of a deal at the time.

I pray it works out for you.

But this is a big deal for me: Right now I have a contractor repairing termite damage on my home. So far about $12,000 to fix it. $12k hurts. And there is no way to write it off. The end of my bedroom/office is now completely open to the elements. Kind of like sitting outside. But it's in the upper 70's today, so that's something good. But rain tomorrow.

Joel

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »

Sorry to hear about the loss, and the expenses .

I have found more than I have lost so far. I found a woman's purse with money all over the street, and her drivers license and cards also. Took it to the police station up the road and turned it in and they ask for my name. She called me later and thanked me for giving it to the police.

I found 5.00 in a parking lot once, and a 10.00 bill another time.
Pays to be as honest as possible, I think some where in Ray's writing he mentioned something about that.
A friend of mine told me that he found some ones ID, turned it in and the officer told him he should have left it where it was, that he would be wasting time locating the owner. ???
A hundred dollars is a good sum, especially if you really need it. 

Joel

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 11:46:28 PM »

i will be so thankful that there will be a day when we no longer have to worry about damn money.  alex, i lost $50 once many years ago.  i was a single mom and i needed the money badly.  but, God provided.  He always has.  He always will.  He will provide our needs.

sorry you lost your $100 alex.  dennis, it sucks really bad about your roof and the cost to fix it.  and the coming rainstorms. 

claudia

p.s.  greg, your wife's statement to you about your loosing the money was spot on.  we just never know what God has in store for anyone.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:39:56 AM by cjwood »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08:38 AM »

Hi Dennis, I'm sorry about your situation. It does seem much more sever than mine though for my situation, 100$ is a lot as well, just probably not as much as your situation.

Bob, your wifes advice is spot on. The past day I've thought about that.

Greg, thank you for the prayers :)

Claudia, All I can say is I can empathize with what it must have been like... well maybe not entirely seeing as I'm not a mom ;)
Thank you for the reminder though. You are right, you all are! God is our provider! He will provide!

To be honest, two weeks ago I had lost a 10$ novel I was reading on campus. I didn't think i'd see it again. reason being is I had left a note on the class whiteboard saying that I had lost the book and that if anyone finds it, please email me at my email address which I had provided on the board. I would be grateful, etc.. etc.. thank you etc.. etc..

Well, a week went by and I didn't get and to be honest that week went by because it was spring break and so no one would be on campus anyway. I waited realistically only about 2 days before I went and bought myself a new copy of the book. I told God I simply did not know if He would return it and well, I don't feel like waiting.

Sure enough, spring break ends after a week and the that first Monday we were back from break, when I was sitting in that class, the professor walks up to me and hands me my book. She told me I had left it in her office. Welp.. moral of the story? I don't know.. don't waste your money buying the same book twice? Haha. I kid.. I guess, God wanted me to be more patient than I was..

Well, fast forward to this week, and voila. I lose a hundred dollars and there is no way to "buy" that hundred dollars back. So I think God is simply teaching me that He gives and takes away and that I need to wait on HIM for these things to come back if they are to come back, at least a little more than two days. Truly we can never know how long we are to be patient for something so trivial as a lost book when another one can be purchased but I think in principle, God wants a little more patience than just two days as I had done. So with 100$, He's basically forcing me to be patient and to just really realize that, WITHOUT ME, YE CAN DO NOTHING! True story right? That 100$ is gone, and there ain't a thing I can do about it, I won't get it back and I can't buy it back either like I did my book!

So the moral of all this is................. well, it is what God wants it to be I suppose. Live and learn? lol

Shorty, you've changed your names so many times ive forgotten what it really was now! Anyhoo, I couldn't hold a job down if I tried, school is crazy busy, this week has been hell! Not just because of the money lost. Haha. But thank you very much for uplifting me in your prayers :)

Joel thank you for the words, I can't say I've ever found 10$ but I have found a dollar every now and then, quarters also.. lol but I'm usually not actively looking for money anywhere I go so maybe thats the reason why? Moneys never been an idol of mine, I just want enough to support a family and live comfortably, thats it. Oh and maybe a vacation every now and again. Don't need riches or fame.

Janine, I usually don't carry money either in my wallet, and actually this 100$ was in my pants, I had forgotten to put it into my wallet.. probably why I lost it >.> Ah well.. I was so focused on not losing my drink container (that I didn't mention above) but that I had lost with my book. In fact.. i've lost two of those on campus, lol........ boy I better stop talking about what i've lost or I might drive you all crazy. My mom told me I'm buying her new drink containers though... Hahahahaa. lol.

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:22:28 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

onelovedread

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 04:52:21 PM »

I just lost $130.00. More like gave it away.
I boneheadedly made an improper left turn right in front of a police car in Mt. Vernon, New York. I sent in the ticket with a 'guilty' plea and received the fine.
On the other side of the equation, God was merciful as I didn't have any points added to my license or a resulting insurance payment hike. And secondly, I have been driving more sedately and patiently (and not even cussing the other drivers ;)
It still hurts to lose $130.00, especially due to my folly.

John9362

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »

I lost over $1,000,000.00 during my gambling addiction  :(
was suicidal and all that other stuff, but now everything is fine, thanks be to our God  :)

Please send me your details asap and I'll deposit $100.00 into your account !!

Your Brother John9362  ;)

Gina

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »

Wow!  Thanks!  shorty@diminutiveme.com....   ;D

Extol

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »

LOL Shorty.  8)

Last summer I had $129 in tip money sitting on the coffee table under some papers. The next day, there were only $4 left. The thief (or thieves) took the crooked-numbered bills and kindly left the one-dollar bills for me.  8) Thankfully, I didn't need it (it was just tip money after all, not my regular income), and I suppose they must have needed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.