bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update on what has happened so far  (Read 4506 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
update on what has happened so far
« on: April 13, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »

Hello all my BT family. I know I have not written in  awhile, but lots have happened since my last post. As all know my husband had an Aorta operation, he is fine now, also I told you about my cousins two children dying 6 months apart, he is suffering real bad, he hasn't excepted his daughters death yet. He goes to her grave site and talks to her as if she is still alive. Pray for him please. I also told you all about my two son who are in jail for Meth, they both are looking to get ten years or more. my youngest son will be sentenced July first, please pray for me. My older son will plea bargain July first and be sentenced three months later. Prayer for me and them.
       My husband also has had a heart attack and congestive heartfailure since his operation. He is fine now. The latest that has happened is my neice was thrown off the back of a truck on march 14 and was in a coma for  a week and a half. She has sever brain damage and can't use her right side and very little on her left side, she has a trach in her throat right now so we don't know whether she will be able to talk normal. Please pray for her and her family as well, we all have been through  alot lately, but I know it is all in God's plan for us. The trials just seem to keep coming one right after the other. I have had to go on nerve pills which I hate and at the time of my childrens sentencing they might have to up the doses, I don't know.  i can't hardly stand the thoughts of it.
I really need strenght to handle this, please pray for me. I know whatever happens to my children it will be the will of God and there is nothing to change that, but I am a mother and it is killing me as a mother to have to go through this. I don't know what federal prison is like, but I guess it is what they make it. I don't know.
  On the bright side I have been enjoying reading all the back bible studies on the forum and getting so much insight from all of you. God has really blessed me through you all and I will keep on reading and praying for wisdom and understanding of the things He has for me. May God be with all of you and bless you. I love you all very much. All I have in this faith are you all and I think I don't want to change that for anything. God be with you.
               Virginia

Gina

Re: update on what has happened so far
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »

I will be praying for you and your family, Virginia.  That's a very, very heavy load.  Let's continue to thank God for what He is about to do.  God saves the lost.  And we've got to get in to get out.

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:01:02 PM »

Thank you Shorty, you are so right about you have to get in before you can get out. I feel like sometimes I am in prison with them and I can't stand a closed in place so I can't breathe. i have to stop myself from thinking about them in there or else I will go crazy. My older son is handling it just fine because he has a childs mind, he believes everthing that people tell him in there, like it want be so bad in federal prison, they feed you good and there is more to do in there like playing games and all. He is ready to go, but I'm afraid he might be in for a rood awakening when he gets there. I pray God helps them both to ajust real quick.

gregorydc

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »

My dearest Virginia,
  My heart aches for you. I will pray God to give you strength to over come all these trials. Remember that the spirit of God is with you! Give this burden to Him, He will carry it for you! I also sent love to you through Jesus Christ.
Greg

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »

Seems like He is building in you a wealth of compassion.  Will do my best to pray for you and yours.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 03:31:13 PM »

You know Virginia, when my youngest child was adopted at birth I had terrifying thoughts of if she would be accepted by her parents and their biological sons and their extended family.  And I was panicked because I came from a very abusive home, and right around the time she was adopted there was an attorney in NY who had adopted this beautiful little girl and beat her to death when she was about five.  Tell me that didn't scare me to death..

I was not close to God at all when I met her father and got pregnant with her.  I pretty much just flipped God off and said, you know what?  I can't walk this "Christian" walk and I'm tired of being alone and blah, blah, blah, so I figured God would never hear my prayers and that I was being punished by getting pregnant for what I'd said to God and that he would never protect her even if I asked Him to, because I was such a bad person.

I had signed the adoption papers and she was out of my control and three months after she was born, I took a nosedive -- my hormones were all over the place on top of all my anxiety about her well being and I told my psychologist how I was feeling and she said, you either go into the hospital or I'll have put there, but you're not going to kill yourself.  So I went in, and while I was there I came to my senses (because I did not want to be in there).  I went to all the workshops and I learned about cognitive therapy -- all or nothing thinking.  And I learned that I was doing a ton of that.  "I'll never be any good."  "I always screw things up."  "I'm a bad person."  "I always make the wrong decisions."

And the fact of the matter is most of it was true.  So I turned back to God.  And I said, God, please protect my daughter with your angels.  Just surround her and don't let anyone harm her physically or mentally.  Because you know stuff that happens in prisons can happens anywhere.  So when she turned about 2-1/2, I was visiting her adoptive mom (it was an open adoption) and she told me how my daughter was laying in her bed one night and talking and babbling and giggling and her mom asked her who she was talking to because there was no one in the room with her, and my daughter said, The babies.  Well, her adoptive mom was all into "angels" at that time and since there was no one in the room with my daughter, she just knew she was talking to angels, and it was very comforting to me at that time.  That's what I needed to hear more than anything.  And I started to trust God again a little, but it would be a long, hard road.   But over the years I wondered if that really actually happened, and so when she turned 14, I asked her myself, and I said, how many "babies" were there with you, and she said, seven.  And I thought well, how could she know there were seven unless there really were seven of them (she was 2-1/2), and they stayed with her until she learned to count, or something. We know that angels are not "babies," but hey if Jesus can transform Himself, and Satan transforms himself to an angel of light, why can't God transform His angels that protected my daughter (to comfort her and me), into babies?

Anyway, my reason for telling you all that was to give you hope that if you pray that your sons are protected by God, He will protect them.  Why not?  Why can't He do that, Virginia?

Let's not lose all hope.  We always have hope.

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »

dear virginia, i agree that the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual load you are carrying is very, very heavy.  worrying over one's child is excruciating.  no matter what age the child(ren) may be. 

here are some words of encouragement.

matt. 11:28-30 - "come to me, all ye labouring and burdened, and I will refresh you.  take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find your souls refreshed: my yoke is kindly and my burden light."

and,

matt. 5:3 - "blessed are those who feel poor in spirit!  the Realm of heaven is theirs."
             4 - "blessed are the mourners!  they will be consoled."
             7 - "blessed are the merciful!  they will find mercy."

God the Father's words, spoken to you virginia as His daughter and disciple, directly through the lips of Jesus Christ.

claudia

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:10:04 AM by cjwood »

lauriellen

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »

Dear Virginia you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Speaking from experience, it's a hard thing to accept that in spite of our fervent prayers for our childrens protection and blessings, sometimes that is just not God's plan. However I do believe all things work to the good in the end....we are called to endure to the end. I pray God's mercy on you and your family.

Rito1980

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »

Virginia your in my prayer too. whatever happens is gods will.

Rito1980

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »

wow I sure will pray for you too shorty. I also remember you said you had issues with your father. I can understand how all of this can make one very bitter and judgmental. will pray for you and Gods will shall be done.

You know Virginia, when my youngest child was adopted at birth I had terrifying thoughts of if she would be accepted by her parents and their biological sons and their extended family.  And I was panicked because I came from a very abusive home, and right around the time she was adopted there was an attorney in NY who had adopted this beautiful little girl and beat her to death when she was about five.  Tell me that didn't scare me to death..

I was not close to God at all when I met her father and got pregnant with her.  I pretty much just flipped God off and said, you know what?  I can't walk this "Christian" walk and I'm tired of being alone and blah, blah, blah, so I figured God would never hear my prayers and that I was being punished by getting pregnant for what I'd said to God and that he would never protect her even if I asked Him to, because I was such a bad person.

I had signed the adoption papers and she was out of my control and three months after she was born, I took a nosedive -- my hormones were all over the place on top of all my anxiety about her well being and I told my psychologist how I was feeling and she said, you either go into the hospital or I'll have put there, but you're not going to kill yourself.  So I went in, and while I was there I came to my senses (because I did not want to be in there).  I went to all the workshops and I learned about cognitive therapy -- all or nothing thinking.  And I learned that I was doing a ton of that.  "I'll never be any good."  "I always screw things up."  "I'm a bad person."  "I always make the wrong decisions."

And the fact of the matter is most of it was true.  So I turned back to God.  And I said, God, please protect my daughter with your angels.  Just surround her and don't let anyone harm her physically or mentally.  Because you know stuff that happens in prisons can happens anywhere.  So when she turned about 2-1/2, I was visiting her adoptive mom (it was an open adoption) and she told me how my daughter was laying in her bed one night and talking and babbling and giggling and her mom asked her who she was talking to because there was no one in the room with her, and my daughter said, The babies.  Well, her adoptive mom was all into "angels" at that time and since there was no one in the room with my daughter, she just knew she was talking to angels, and it was very comforting to me at that time.  That's what I needed to hear more than anything.  And I started to trust God again a little, but it would be a long, hard road.   But over the years I wondered if that really actually happened, and so when she turned 14, I asked her myself, and I said, how many "babies" were there with you, and she said, seven.  And I thought well, how could she know there were seven unless there really were seven of them (she was 2-1/2), and they stayed with her until she learned to count, or something. We know that angels are not "babies," but hey if Jesus can transform Himself, and Satan transforms himself to an angel of light, why can't God transform His angels that protected my daughter (to comfort her and me), into babies?

Anyway, my reason for telling you all that was to give you hope that if you pray that your sons are protected by God, He will protect them.  Why not?  Why can't He do that, Virginia?

Let's not lose all hope.  We always have hope.

Gina

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »

Thanks, Rito.

virginiabm

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »

Hello my Bt family. I just want to thank you all for your prayers and support for me and my family. I really believe that God will protect my sons in prison, i just have a mother moment a lot of times. i get overwhelmed with my thoughts and I break down, but God is with me helping me overcome my fears. I thank my God and Lord Jesus Christ for you all. My family is to close to the situation for them to help me much because they are hurting too.
     Shorty my heart goes out to you and I will be praying for you, you are carrying a heavy load as well. May God Bless and keep you and your daughter in His Loving Hands.
      Cjwood and all the rest of my family here thank you for your kind words and encouragement through Gods word, it has helped me a lot. May God Bless and keep you all in His tender mercies. I truly love each and everyone of you.

Virginia 

Gina

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »

My burden was lifted many years ago and I count it all joy.  Honest to God.  But you are in the thick of it, and your attitude is humbling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.