bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the forum really splitting up  (Read 5070 times)

onelovedread

Is the forum really splitting up
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:34:36 PM »

I read that comment on a thread last week. Do we really think that we're fragmenting?
There are new people posting and I still find the threads and the sharing to be normally uplifting.
I do miss some of the regulars though, many of whom I looked to for their perspective and for enlightenment.
It would be nice to hear more from people like Marques, Samson, Hillsboro, Longhorn, Deborah, and a lady who used to be always sharing, whose name I forget. And I remember a poster with the name Roy Martin.
Maybe you guys still come on from time to time.
Hopefully we'll hear from you again.
I'd love that.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Is the forum really splitting up
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 11:37:32 PM »

People come and go. And that's all there is to it.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53:17 PM »

Yup. I've done it myself. I know at least one other person who also left but then came back, however this person came back under another name. I came back under the same one. So it is possible people return and are lurking, just under a new name or they are still here and simply don't post as much. We all go through times like that. And of course, some do and never return. Hillsboroughriver I believe it was did that. Nitemare sasuke left and never returned, I miss him. We were both the same age when he and I stumbled upon this site. We weren't friends in real life or anything but I did get to know him over myspace and we started our own forum together and we were both eating up everything Ray had to share and would post here as well. I havnt heard or seen from him in years. He fell off of myspace one day and here as well.

Someone else I remember well was skydream and roy martins as well. Skydreamer was always very nice.

Anyhoo, I'm sure the forums will be here for many many years to come, until the Lord deem its served its purpose.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »

...and a lady who used to be always sharing, whose name I forget.

johnchris, could this lady maybe be "ninny"?  she used to post alot.  very good sense of humor.  if so, she posts on fb often.  and, actually today is her birthday.

if it's not ninny, then i will just say, i miss reading ninny/kathy's regular posts.

but, people come and go and some come back.  and leave again.  perhaps the regulars that were on the forum when i joined ('07) still lurk as visitors.  perhaps not. 

claudia
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:20:40 AM by cjwood »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 02:37:08 AM »

Better not be going anywhere. I haven't been here long enough here yet.

I still have people to annoy, I mean love, No annoy in love - yes that's it. LOL  ;D

I still have questions. I just don't get around to posting them, hopefully soon, before I start to fragment.

I like your plane analogy John. I'm a McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle, just so you know ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:00:23 AM by Rhys »
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 04:14:25 AM »

I still have people to annoy, I mean love, No annoy in love - yes that's it. LOL  ;D

I still have questions. I just don't get around to posting them, hopefully soon, before I start to fragment.

I like your plane analogy John. I'm a McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle, just so you know ;)

lool

then i'm a C-130 gunship! xD
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:21 AM »

I think I know why this forum can be such a special place. because, in groups of people

''WHEN THE DOMINANT IDEOLOGIES AND STRUCTURES ARE RIGHT…; A GOOD, SMART AND DESIRABLE COURSE OF EVENTS IS TO FOLLOW. ''

and this is why things does work properly in society today, because

''WHEN THE MAJORITY STRUCTURES AND PATTERNS ARE THE RESULT OF A BUNCH OF EXTREMELY WEAK HEARTS LOOKING TO PLEASE THEMSELVES, THE OUTCOMES ARE NEVER A VERY NICE PICTURE.''

I have also learn that even among the ones that have ''good spiritual knowledge'' many who find themselves on different levels of maturity, and so, therefore we need to often forgive each other, practice patience and show some mercy.

I know that I don't post very often but at list I try to show some presence once on a while; for the few people that know me or have read about me in here. This forum / platform has truly been a blessing for me over the last years of my life.

To the ones that used to come frequently, and don't do it anymore, it would be nice to show some presence at least once a while, no pressure --just my opinion.

sincerely

Moises

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »

Funny, Rhys. ;D

Anyway, everything has a season.  I, personally, don't worry about what will happen to the forum.  It will not be over until our CREATOR, says its over!

René

gregorydc

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »

Amen Rene!  Rhys I believe I am turning into the spruce goose! Lol

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 11:11:04 PM »

I read that comment on a thread last week. Do we really think that we're fragmenting?
There are new people posting and I still find the threads and the sharing to be normally uplifting.
I do miss some of the regulars though, many of whom I looked to for their perspective and for enlightenment.
It would be nice to hear more from people like Marques, Samson, Hillsboro, Longhorn, Deborah, and a lady who used to be always sharing, whose name I forget. And I remember a poster with the name Roy Martin.
Maybe you guys still come on from time to time.
Hopefully we'll hear from you again.
I'd love that.

I'm here, I just read more than post. I don't see a reason to 'leave' if the message that brought one here is the same, but that's only my opinion.

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »

I'm still here, too! I don't get on often... I mainly read.. I have many dear friends from this forum, some are still here and some are not, but our hearts are all bound with the cords of love with which God drew us!! :)

Kathy ;)

onelovedread

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »

There you are Ninny. Good to see ya... :)

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »

Thank you! :)

Extol

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »

Hi Ninny!!!!  :D ;D 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.