bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is Jesus?  (Read 3983 times)

santgem

Who is Jesus?
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »

Who is Jesus, The Son of the Living God  or the Living God?

gregorydc

Re: Who is Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »

As Jesus is in the God family, he is both.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »

Hi santgem,

The eternal God brought forth a being/Son into existence, therefore He became a Father with a Son.

John 8:42  Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. (NKJV)

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them—If, God, had been your father, ye had been loving me, for, I, from God, came forth, and am here; for, not even of myself, have I come, but, he, sent me forth. (Rotherham)

John 8:42 Jesus, then, said to them, "If God were your Father, you would have loved Me. For out of God I came forth and am arriving. For neither have I come of Myself, but He commissions Me." (CLV)

John 8:42  Jesus then said to them, `If God were your father, ye were loving me, for I came forth from God, and am come; for neither have I come of myself, but He sent me; (Young's)

John 1:14  The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Matt 16:16  Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

John 6:69  Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Luke 22:70  Then they all said, "Are You then the Son of God?" So He said to them, "You rightly say that I am."

All of these Scriptures should verify that Christ is the Son of God, His Father. He also referred to God as His Father many times, my rough estimate is that Jesus used "My Father" over 50 times in the NT Scripture.

Is Jesus Christ God...

Mat 1:23  "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us." (this message was delivered to Joseph by an angel of the Lord)

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Col 2:9  For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (Godhead) dwells bodily,

Php 2:6  who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

Heb 1:8  But to the Son He says:
       "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
       A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

1Tim 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
       God was manifested in the flesh,
       Justified in the Spirit,
       Seen by angels,
       Preached among the Gentiles,
       Believed on in the world,
       Received up in glory.

These Scriptures should prove that Jesus Christ is indeed God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:09:27 AM »

As Jesus is in the God family, he is both.

Then we who are God's elect shall be as Lord Jesus is when we are in glory.
For at that time we shall see Him as he is, BECAUSE we shall be like him.

There is just a LITTLE more to the story than we are aware of at this time.

It is quite literally beyond our wildest dreams.
Is ANY THING impossible for God?

Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »

The Apostles "knew" who Jesus was.  Even so, one betrayed Him and the other eleven denied Him.  So did I, even though I "knew" who He was.

Entitled WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS? & WHO IS HIS FATHER?

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.