bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions to God  (Read 7929 times)

mharrell08

Questions to God
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:15:33 PM »

Have you ever come across something in life and thought, I can't wait to ask God about that? I do that sometimes and wanted to know some things other like-minded believers considered.

So here are a few questions I really want to ask God about. Please feel free to post your own as well, give us all something to think about. Also, please do not attempt to answer anyone else's questions. If anything, send a PM first to ASK if they would like your perspective.

Here are a few of mine:

1. Why do people experience deja-vu?

2. I understand why some transgressions are sins (murder, theft) but others I do not (homosexuality, pre-marital sex). I would like to understand why these are sins more so than just 'because God said so'.

3. Why do miracles happen for those who will only give praise to a false God?

4. Did You ever go through any of the things people have to go through (eat, sleep, etc.)

5. I want to see You...is it possible?

That's all for now. The deja-vu one is what gave me the idea for this thread. Happened at work today and as it always does, freaked me out, lol.

Thanks,

Marques

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Questions to God
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »

My Questions to God:

Who are You?  What are You?  Why are You?  What is the fundamental source of Your Power?  How do You do things?  Where do You store the thoughts and knowledge that You have and How do you recall them?  Since I came from You and You are unlimited, will I ever be unlimited like You?

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »

A couple from me would be:

Why the 15 years of demonic attacks?

The time I met with an angel was that an angel or was that you?

Rhys
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »

Besides "What are next week's Powerball numbers?" (kidding)

My most persistent questions are "What does that mean?" and "How does that work?"  I ask them often reading and thinking about Scripture, and about the world around me/life in general.

Pick a topic...any topic...and that's what I'm likely asking about it.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

GaryK

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »

If living persons are 'spirit' given from you, when a person dies and their spirit returns to you and you yourself are spirit that cannot be contained, spirit that comes and goes and noone knows from where,........WHERE are/were the totality of spirits stored for resurrection?   

What is the overall purpose of the varying stars, galaxies and planets in the universe?

What was the purpose for my being born and the purpose for my duration on this planet? 

Did I help you, and did I help anyone else without knowing so?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 04:13:45 PM »

2. I understand why some transgressions are sins (murder, theft) but others I do not (homosexuality, pre-marital sex). I would like to understand why these are sins more so than just 'because God said so'.

Exo 20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,...

Col 2:16  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

God expects us to obey and be faithful.

Rev 21:9  ... Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Joel

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »

Actually I just asked God about an hour ago what I should say to a friend of mine in a email reply other than quoting him some scriptures.

Joel

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:49:52 AM »

Why anything?... Why not? lol :)

I don't have questions. I accept that I know nothing...before God!

God answers everything in the sufficiency that He is all knowing. Rest in that understanding comes after the experience that answers are not God Himself.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 09:39:14 AM »

I've thought hard about some of these questions myself over the years.

Watch most 2 year-old's and you will see us before we start learning what is good and evil. Gaining the knowledge of good and evil is a major reason why we are here.

We learn to control ourselves which separates us from animals. Men especially would fornicate all day long with as many women as possible if left to our animal drives.

I always remember that line from "When Harry met Sally:" "No. You pretty much want to nail them, too."

http://www.hark.com/clips/ddmkkvnzym-men-and-women-cant-be-friends-because-the-sex-part-always-gets-in-the-way (turn the sound on).

There are many self-evident and practical reasons not to have premarital or homosexual sex.

God puts these drives in us that we cannot overcome and then He tells us to not do it, knowing we cannot resist. There is a purpose behind His plan and it goes back to learning good and evil. You cannot know what is good without experiencing evil.

We must overcome or suffer the consequences. But in the end we are "puppets on a string."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:47:16 AM by Dennis Vogel »

thewatchman

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »

Myself....I would just shut up, listen and soak it all in. I'm sure he's heard enough of my whining over the last 39 years  8)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 12:16:49 PM »

This recent post on YouTube shows somethings we need to learn, patience, and we are not the center of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpYnxlEh0c

Patric

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »

Good vid Dennis.....I am humble enough to know that I am not intelligent enough to be caught up in the rat race of my job.....or life....but I have read where high IQ often has loads of depression and melancholy with it....seeing as how....if the brain is not stimulated perhaps the spirit is not either? IDK just a hunch....but I often find myself depressed....even if I am stimulated! LOL now my IQ is not off the charts....and I never got a college degree....but I did find my studies while in college boring me so badly....that I lost interest and dropped all my classes....and I find anything that I do over and over causes tedium and more depression......yet I do not have enough diversity in my life to keep my brain let alone my spirit stimulated....but I do know that

God puts these drives in us that we cannot overcome and then He tells us to not do it, knowing we cannot resist. There is a purpose behind His plan and it goes back to learning good and evil. You cannot know what is good without experiencing evil.

We must overcome or suffer the consequences. But in the end we are "puppets on a string."

acomplishedartis

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 11:33:43 PM »

This recent post on YouTube shows somethings we need to learn, patience, and we are not the center of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpYnxlEh0c

I enjoyed the video, thanks.

Marquez I am glad to see you posting... I remember I asked God; WHY!, when my computer crashed a couple years ago...   (since then I always back-up and have better orginized my digital-stuff).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:37:51 PM by Moises G. »

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »

1.) Why do we dream? Wouldn't it be more efficient to not dream at all?
2.) Why do we sleep? I have so much to do and you keep knocking me out! What's up with that?
3.) YES DEJA VU!!! What is that all about??
4.) Was there ever a time you questioned what you were about to do?
5.) What did it feel like when you realized you could do something with full confidence?
6.) Did you draw up a plan before you initiated it? Did you weigh the positives and the negatives?
7.) How did you feel when you knew it was only one way to become like you?
8.) Do you have a beginning? What were you doing before you had kids? Living the single life?
9.) Why 5 fingers? God: Do you feel like you need 5 fingers? Me: No. God: Does that answer your question? Me: What do think?!
10.) Why are dogs the way they are?
11.) Why can't I fly?
12.) Lightning is a trip!! What were you thinking?
13.) How did it feel to not be alone anymore? Did you ever feel alone?
14.) Your pretty amazing.....you know this right  ;D?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

longhorn

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 11:36:17 PM »

I demand to know why cat dookie smells worse than dog poop.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 12:52:18 AM »

I demand to know why cat dookie smells worse than dog poop.

I could tell you but that would be revealing too much about myself  ;D

Rhys
🤫

onelovedread

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 09:31:27 AM »

My question: "Lord, what were you thinking :) when you created the roach and the mosquito?" Hahaha

Ricky

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 12:40:59 PM »

Lord, my question, why a women ? You could have put a dress on any tree in the garden of Eden and Adam would have been more than happy. Mans only problem in life somehow  came out of that place.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.