bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John 7:6  (Read 3426 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
John 7:6
« on: May 10, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »

Then Jesus said to them (sibling brothers) My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready.

I don't get it; Jesus knew their unbelief then expresses that the world will not hate his brothers  but will hate him;  what has this to do with "time is always ready"?

GaryK

Re: John 7:6
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »

After reading down to the verse John 7:6 it would appear his brothers remain influenced by 'the world' and no inspiration would be from God...........as opposed to any work that Jesus would perform would be at the father's instruction.

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: John 7:6
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:44:56 AM »

Thank you Horseman.  You helped me to see that I was only focusing on Jesus' death which was about to occurr; I wasn't going beyond the significance of what his death would mean when he said "my time has not yet come".  Now it makes sense what he said to his brothers.   Reading the Bible is like bookkeeping:  when you can't solve the problem, take a break and go back to it; the answer is glaring right at you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.