bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian? is that what we are?  (Read 9946 times)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Christian? is that what we are?
« on: May 10, 2013, 02:44:11 PM »

I do not call myself a Christian any more. If you tell people you are a christian, you put yourself into that religion, which is the exact same as all of them, evil garbage. Is God a Christian? Roman soldiers called the followers of Christ Christians. Man made, just like religion. Christian is a Roman Catholic brain washing pagan system of lies that has been here for thousands of years. I believe the Cross is Satan's symbol of his power. Who's the father of the Dead? God or Satan. Bible says Satan has control of this place. So his cross in on all the gravestones in cemeteries. The only people that can belong to Christ are the ones that believe the truth. Hope that's us.  Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Patric

Re: Christian? is that what we are?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »

Yeah......I refer to myself as spiritual and not a name such as Christian and certainly not any denominational organization.....have not been to church service excluding my mothers memorial which I got to speak at in over 7 years at a Presbyterian....where I grew up as a CEO....you know Christmas and Easter ONLY...lol....anyway I agree the term automatically lumps you in with the goats! .....but I am not sure I am one of the elect either.....am I a sheep or am I a goat.....I am far humbler now.... my eyes have been opened....and have the attitude of that that the Apostle John referred to himself as the Apostle whom Jesus loved.....since I now know it is not I that love him....but he that loves me.....and my favorite book is Romans which points out so much Spiritual info and builds me up....yet....I am humbled further by the fact that I feel there is more I should be doing.....many are invited....few are chosen.....In Revelation God calls his people out of the 'whore' his very bride!....the system....but as Ray said in one of his writings I remember reading.....in order to be called out of that...you have to be in that to begin with....for he is not calling the world of the heathens to come out....but his children that are caught up in what you say and I agree with that Satan rules over.....many would believe in that truth....if they were to have it revealed to them....others will not and hold to what they have been taught....or believe in their heart.....the enemy deceives us....and our Father blinds us....all according to his will.....his plan....his word.....that I can not deny.....the phantom free will is not going to change his sovereignty! AMEN

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »

The only three times the term "Christian" is used in Scripture.

Act 11:24  For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.
Act 11:25  Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
Act 11:26  And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Act 26:27  King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Act 26:28  Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
Act 26:29  And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.

1Pe 4:14  If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:15  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
1Pe 4:19  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

What do I get out of all that?

1.  They were "called" Christians.  Though it doesn't say whether this was an 'insult', a 'compliment' or a simple description, it tells me that it is not necessarily up to me to call myself a Christian.

2.  That it is good to be a Christian, "except for these bonds".

3.  That if I'm to be called a Christian, then let it not be an insult--not to ME, but to the Christ. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ricky

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »

Good stuff Dave I agree. But back then they must have known the TRUTH, but now where is it? How is it that church people can be called followers of Christ if they cannot believe the truth. God has a church, not made by man, SPIRIT AND TRUTH that's it. You can't have one without the other. I don't see Gods church having anything to do with churches that Satan sits on the throne.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 01:58:38 AM »

Hi Ricky,
Even back then the truth was hard to understand and needed to be rehearsed in the mind of Paul's followers.
One example that comes to my mind is as follows.
I was first, for 30 years, in Worldwide which taught us law keeping and observation of much of the Jewish traditions that were commanded to be observed (forever) in all your (our) generations. WCG taught that the commands to the Israelites were to be continued into the church age. I think because the church leaders thought the church was taking the place of the Jews, the "people of God". We even had a "priesthood" of dictators called evangelists, Pastors, Preaching Elders, local elders etc who were paid handsomely for long term loyalty and enforcing the three tithes. Pastors didn't pay all the tithes....

In my own mind I have felt that each of us in our own experience had to live the "old way" and come to see its attraction in order that we could truly understand and empathize with how natural and normal it is to live in deception and not realize it.. Satan is the god of this world and much stronger than we realize, before Lord Jesus steps in to help us. In my own case it helps me to be more forgiving. I had a real tough time with 10% tithe plus 10% plus 10% more every three years for widows and orphans and then the expense of driving the family 100 to 200 miles every sabbath to attend services with other members and having to leave work at sunset on Friday until sunset on Saturday. Trying to earn salvation which thing we could not do perfectly no matter how hard we tried.

Boy was I ignorant. Indiana Bob

Rito1980

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 09:05:13 AM »

Yahshua was jewish not christian. and he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. therefor we should still keep the law. Christians  unknowingly commit idolatry when they pray to Jesus and not the father Yahua, Isaiah 42:8 I am Yahweh, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »

Rito1980, if you believe what you posted then you have missed the entire point of Christ's message and nearly all of what Ray taught in his writings.

Craig

Ricky

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »

OK, so here is a question, God must love money more than people. The USA is the most riches powerful country in the world. And what did the Christians do to achieve this title. They put In God We Trust, on their money, and now God can't get enough of it. Someone here should try and tell me that Christians are good people so I can believe that. Religion needs to be whipped out, or against the law. Its garbage....God is not religious,man is. Christians did this too, 2nd amendment 1791, back then you would be lucky to shoot one person at a time with a flint. Now you can shoot them like flies. And Obama can do nothing about it. Gun control, lol, its to late for that. There are more guns on the streets in the usa than people. The Roman Catholic Christian pagan government that has always been in  power is the problem.  Get rid of them.

santgem

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 10:26:04 AM »

All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son desires to reveal him. Mat 11:27

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up in the last day. Jhn 6:44

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Jhn 14:6

I am a follower of Jesus and in  Him all things were delivered by the Father.

Faith, Hope and Love in Jesus!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:17:53 PM by santgem »

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:59:35 PM »

1 John 4:8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

1 Corinth 13:13  and now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest is love.

When in the church what I thought was love and being christian only made me become more judgmental and out of that judgment, dislike toward other so called believers/christians; ashamed to think of myself as "christian"; even after leaving the church I am still ashamed to be called christian because that "label" by the world view is attached to church going and God believing people who commit shameful acts and atrocities; a christian today is a "stigma";  even though we are not perfect, just wish we had another name we could call ourselves once God has led us out of Babylon; one that would identify us as a follower of Christ without the stigma attached to it.  Even if the world would hate (it first hated Christ) me, at least  it would be for being a follower of Christ.  But no matter what we call ourselves, because we are still sinners we will always judge ourselves and be judged by the world view.....you did/thought what?... and call yourself what?  So, when asked if I'm a christian, I respond: no but I believe in God.  I do get "the look'.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »

Hi Bob,

Yeah, been there done that  :P

Ricky, this is the church age, Satan rules in the churches. It is what it is until Christ returns and takes over rulership of this world. We are not going to stop the way the church/government/world is in this age, that is not God's intention.

It does not matter to me what I am called, Christian or whatever, Christ knows what I am.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 02:54:13 PM »

My head didn't just explode, but I think I'll just give myself a couple of whacks in the noodle with a ball-ping hammer.

Longhorn

gmik

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »

usually i refer to myself as a believer....most people assume christianity is the same as churchianity..names are less important than how we live and behave

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »

excellent response gena.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

In past experiences, sometimes it goes something like this:

- Are you a Christian?

- me: I like to read the bible. Now days the word Christian is like saying you like 'rock' music when there is so many kinds of rock, or the word 'love' that means so many different things for different people...

- Yeah, I guess you are right. What church do you attend?

- I have been studying by my own from a couple years from now, I don't attend any church building or demonation. The Bible is a complex book, and it wasn't written on Spanish (nor English) and it takes time to try to go to the original and check some things out for my self. I have more reasons for believing in the Scriptures than for not.

- Ho I see. So have you ever go to church?

- Oh yes. I used to go to church for several years... I know very well the sermons and what they teach there. Since then, until recently, not much have changed...

dodrill

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 05:34:20 PM »

If you mean 'christian' like in the old days - the ones they fed to the lions for sport - then yes
I can identify with that cruelty and martyrdom - not by choice - but that would have to run in my veins too
The gospel is counter culture, ego smashing, empire disposing
Thank you Jesus - maybe we just get to change the channel now?
not being popular by demand
but you giving us love of truth
I think I am a christian
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:39:39 PM by hayley »

Ricky

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »

If God gave you the power to believe the truth, then yes you would be a true Christian. And the rest are klingons.

dodrill

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 06:39:40 PM »

I don't think we get power when God reveals to us - we die - we get humble

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »

Yahshua was jewish not christian. and he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. therefor we should still keep the law. Christians  unknowingly commit idolatry when they pray to Jesus and not the father Yahua, Isaiah 42:8 I am Yahweh, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another

Jesus is the God of the Old Testament.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And much more.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »

I am what I am by the grace of God

I do have issues with being called Christian because it associates me with the church. People hear you are Christian and they associate you with there core beliefs which I don't believe. I've been tossing up recently what I call myself. I like the term believer but people still think just another word for Christian.

I like to live like this. I think it more represents what we are to be and helps me to keep humble

Ephesians 5:1-2
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

With that in mind I like the word follower.

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.