bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian? is that what we are?  (Read 9861 times)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Christian? is that what we are?
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »

Even though God brought us out of Babylon, that religious system of garbade, we still have to live in downtown Babylon, everyday. We can do nothing about that. Two ladies came to my front door, and asked me if I knew God the Mother. I said no, do you know Godzilla, my zilla, rot tie/pit bull. They left in a hurry. The people that go by the Spirit of Truth need a new name. In my walk with Him I have separated Him from man and religion. He is Spirit and Truth. And that's it.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

indianabob

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »

Hi Ricky,

It's O. K. to assume that these type of people are sincere in their efforts to seek others to believe what they believe.
They are deceived and don't know it. When a person is deceived it stands to reason that they don't know they are deceived.
So, it is O. K. and loving to give them a little of our time and perhaps to leave them with a couple of questions that may lead them to question meeting you/me between themselves. After all, they too will be enlightened someday and may remember the friendly encounter that they had with one of us. God is all about love and it's not our job at this time to correct them.
Kindly offered, Indiana bob

Patric

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »

Didn't Ray say we must expose those that contradict?! lol jk....i know he said that is what he must do......and he was asked many times in his letters why he was not more tolerant or loving or kind with his words....I am sure there was more to it then this as well.....I remember him saying something profound....that I will always remember. The blind can not see! It is true of course.

Ricky

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 05:42:14 PM »

I believe we must and should expose  them to the Spirit of Truth, so they can have a good laugh at us, because that is all that ever happens with them. They have been brainwashed for thousands of years now, for many years now I have been telling them and family and whoever about BT. Never have I found 1 person to even check BT out.  Not even my ex girlfriend had me fooled. We can do nothing with them and the truth. Only God can. So how do we help out with the mess we are in the middle of. If you love your neighbour as yourself, would you not be unevenly yoked in the spirit of yourself.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

cjwood

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

i found this old email to ray and his response.  maybe it will help you out ricky, maybe not.

Hi there Ray, of what denomination are you exactly, I'm just curious.
> Take care,
>
> Neill.

Dear Neill:

I am exactly of NO church or denomination of institutionalized men. I am a member "The Body of Chirst," which is a Scriptural term and represents the followers of Jesus.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   You don't really believe that there is a "church" that teaches what we teach on bibletruths.com, do you?

microlink

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 12:46:11 AM »

Real good comments from Dave in Tenn and indianabob on this subject. I can really identify with indianabob. Been there, done that.
If someone asks me if I am a Christian, I say God knows. If I am asked what do you believe, I say the Holy Bible. And hopefully that is enough but some time it is not and leads to other questions.
Early church brethern were called Christians as Dave from Tenn points out from the New Testment.
I live in Canada, I am a Canadian
Someone living in Australia is an Australian.
If I am a follower of Christ, I am a Christian but do not need to profess that to anyone. Those who know me can decide what I am.
Joe from Ottawa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 08:04:01 AM »

No ~  :)

Patric

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »

thanx Ricky .....
I
believe we must and should expose  them to the Spirit of Truth, so they can have a good laugh at us, because that is all that ever happens with them. They have been brainwashed for thousands of years now, for many years now I have been telling them and family and whoever about BT. Never have I found 1 person to even check BT out.  Not even my ex girlfriend had me fooled. We can do nothing with them and the truth. Only God can. So how do we help out with the mess we are in the middle of. If you love your neighbour as yourself, would you not be unevenly yoked in the spirit of yourself.

so that....
ICor 4:9-10
Now you are full, now you are rich, you have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God you did reign, that we also might reign with you. 9For I think that God has set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle to the world, and to angels, and to men. We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are honorable, but we are despised.

other cross references....there are always 2-3 or more witnesses indeed.....

Psalm 71:7 I have become a sign to many; you are my strong refuge.
Jeremiah 20:18 Why did I ever come out of the womb to see trouble and sorrow and to end my days in shame?
Romans 8:36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."
1 Corinthians 15:19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
1 Corinthians 15:31 I face death every day--yes, just as surely as I boast about you in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2 Corinthians 11:23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.
Hebrews 10:33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated.

Amen.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:47:43 AM by Patric »

Extol

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »

I use the term Christian, because it is convenient and I don't want to sound like a snob by saying something like "I'm a Bible-believing follower of Christ, not a Christian." However, I immediately follow it up with further explanation, such as:

"But I do not believe the traditional doctrines" (because sometimes the person will ask what church I go to.)

or

"I believe in the eventual salvation of all humanity."

Sometimes I just say I'm a "Christian universalist".

Whatever I add to the term "Christian," it provides an opening to further explain my beliefs...especially because the questioner is curious.  8)

acomplishedartis

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 05:12:38 AM »

All I was going to say, has been already said... so...   : x

Well. I will also add, that whatever the term, it also depends on the situation. No need to name a name rule for all situations... last thing we need is to put out there one more ''name-brand-denomination''

Joel

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 11:16:04 PM »

Jesus called those that followed his teachings his disciples.

John 8:31-Then Jesus said to those Jews which believed on him. If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32-And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 15:8-Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

The believers were still calling themselves disciples in Acts 21:16 after they were called Christians in Acts 11:26.
Acts 21:16-There went with us also certain of the disciples of Caesarea, and brought with them one Mna'son of Cyprus, an old disciple, with whom we should lodge.

Believers, Disciples, Christians, are what makes up the Church, as in Revelations 1-3.

Joel

acomplishedartis

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 05:58:22 AM »

whatever...

But if I would call my self a Christian, chances are good, that I get related to the 99.97% other Christians who believe something almost totally opposite from what I believe. We can stick with definitions for a long time... I suppose the one who started this subject was looking for something more practical for a day to day situation.

(Now that I think more about it. I  like to think of my self as a 'truth seeker').

Ricky

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 06:40:04 AM »

People can call themselves whatever they like. There is a big different between the Holy Scriptures from God, and the Holy Bible from man. If you don't believe the truth, you cannot belong to Christ.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.