bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Mum's Day  (Read 5337 times)

se7en

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Happy Mum's Day
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »

Happy mothers day to all!
~Se7en

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Happy Mum's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »

Very much agree and Amen

Rhys
🤫

gregorydc

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »

I will second and Amen also!

onelovedread

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »

Love and blessings to all the mothers in our forum family!

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 01:16:50 AM »

this mother thanks all you gents for the greeting.   :)

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »

Re: Messages from Ray

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 08:42:30 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish all those readers and Forum members who are mothers a happy Mother's
Day!.  I have nothing but fond memories for my own mothers.  She was a gentle,
loving, kind, and giving person all the days of her life. And for this, God took her in
her sleep at the age of 90.  I know of too many situations where the mother of a
family is not given the honor and respect she deserves.  What a horrible and
disgusting thing it is to dishonor one's own mother.  While it is true that not all mothers
are as worthy of honor has they should be, nonetheless, it behooves all children to
take the lead in doing whatever is possible to bring about reconciliation to those
broken homes. I could tell you stories that would literally break your heart.

My wife and I are both in a great deal of pain the last week or so, and therefore
haven't done very much except to sit side by side encouraging one another. I
don't know what I would do without her. And, of course, she says the same thing
of me.  We often kid about what a mess we are not able to do so many things we
would like to do for each other.  But sometimes just being there can be the greatest
gift of all. I hope and pray that you will all treat your mothers today and every day in
a way that will give you only fond memories when they are gone.

God be with you all,

Ray

Rito1980

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:59 AM »

Mother's Day dates back to ancient cultures in Greece and Rome. In both cultures, mother goddesses (Queen of Heaven). were worshipped during the springtime with religious festivals. The ancient Greeks paid tribute to the powerful goddess Rhea, the wife of Cronus, known as the Mother of the Gods (Queen of Heaven). Similarly, evidence of a three-day Roman festival in Mid-March called Hilaria, to honor the Roman goddess Magna Mater, or Great Mother, dates back to 250 BCE.

As Christianity spread throughout Europe, the celebration of the "Mother Church" replaced the pagan tradition of honoring mythological goddesses. The fourth Sunday in Lent (Weeping for Tammuz), a 40-day fasting period before Easter, became known as Mothering Sunday. To show appreciation for their mothers, they often brought gifts or a "mothering cake" (Jeremiah 7:18) and over time, it began to coincide with the celebration of the Mother Church. Mother's Day always falls on the second Sun-day of May, and like so many other holidays rooted in pagan sun-worship including Father's Day which always falls on the third Sun-day of June, usually fall on the day named in honor of their most powerful god -- The Sun!

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »

Interesting Rito,

Interesting how easy it is to fall into pagan worship when the emotion tugs at our heart strings.
Sometimes the intention is innocent, but it still has it's pagan history of idol worship.
Serving ONLY our God and ONLY as God commands is tricky and challenging in this modern age.

Indiana Bob

Rito1980

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 05:15:59 AM »

Relax will ya.  ;D Its pagan no matter how you color it. 

Mother's Day dates back to ancient cultures in Greece and Rome. In both cultures, mother goddesses (Queen of Heaven). were worshipped during the springtime with religious festivals. The ancient Greeks paid tribute to the powerful goddess Rhea, the wife of Cronus, known as the Mother of the Gods (Queen of Heaven). Similarly, evidence of a three-day Roman festival in Mid-March called Hilaria, to honor the Roman goddess Magna Mater, or Great Mother, dates back to 250 BCE.

As Christianity spread throughout Europe, the celebration of the "Mother Church" replaced the pagan tradition of honoring mythological goddesses. The fourth Sunday in Lent (Weeping for Tammuz), a 40-day fasting period before Easter, became known as Mothering Sunday. To show appreciation for their mothers, they often brought gifts or a "mothering cake" (Jeremiah 7:18) and over time, it began to coincide with the celebration of the Mother Church. Mother's Day always falls on the second Sun-day of May, and like so many other holidays rooted in pagan sun-worship including Father's Day which always falls on the third Sun-day of June, usually fall on the day named in honor of their most powerful god -- The Sun!

Which religious website did you copy the above from?  Was it the same christian website you tried to palm off on us a few days ago?

In the United States, it appears Mother's Day was started by different women across our country who wanted to honor mothers.  No apparent connection to ancient pagan practices.

Sometimes it's best to keep your powder dry and not to gin up false controversies.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 04:03:10 AM »

From our rules:

No preaching (including preaching via links).

If you have serious comment or question, please post it in the appropriate section of the forum.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.