bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maybe Adam is the first man!!  (Read 18895 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Maybe Adam is the first man!!
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »

Job 38:1 Then Yahweh answered Job from the tempest and said:
Job 38:2 Who is this who darkens counsel By declarations without knowledge?
Job 38:3 Belt up your loins now like a master; I shall ask of you, and you inform Me.
Job 38:4 Where were you when I founded the earth? Tell if you know with understanding.

Job 40:3 Then Job answered Yahweh and said,
Job 40:4 Behold, I am slight; how can I reply to You? I place my hand upon my mouth.
Job 40:5 I spoke once but shall not answer further, Twice, but I shall not continue.

Me too, Job.  Me too.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dodrill

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »

me too sorry I don't have anywhere else to post my questions and show my ignorance xx
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:06:47 PM by hayley »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »

me three
🤫

Joel

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:48 AM »

What God wants us to know we will know and what he doesn't we will never know for sure in this life time.
It is very evident from the scriptures that God's plan was and is to have earthly sons and daughters from man (Adam and Eve) that can become spiritually minded (Through The Lord Jesus Christ).

1st Corinthians 15:45-50
45. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48. As is the earthy, such are they also earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Eve was the mother of all that are earthly minded, just as Jerusalem which is above is the mother of all that are spiritually minded.
Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Joel

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2013, 01:49:37 AM »

Hayley, I'm not preaching to anybody but me.  That scripture I quoted is one of those freaky situations where what's written matches my life...some of it right cheer on ye old BT forum.   ;D 

Read those chapters for yourself and come to your own conclusions about what they mean and what they mean for you to do.  Nobody cares...nor should they...what I might think.  My answer to the Lord's question is just like Job's would have  been if he had interrupted. 

"Where were you?"  "Not there."

On the flip side, whatever bone makes normal people care what christians think about them was removed from me half my conscious life ago.   :D  I've found it to be a wonderful freedom, though not without challenges.

Anyway, ask away.  Everybody will think what they think until they don't any more.  Jesus is Lord.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

dodrill

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2013, 06:32:22 AM »

so you weren't talking about me?  ;D Thanks Dave - I think its my upbringing that makes me overly sensitised - must have been the years growing up in apartheid south africa - groan - I am learning to let go of the bones and shadows :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2013, 02:49:35 PM »

What God wants us to know we will know and what he doesn't we will never know for sure in this life time.
It is very evident from the scriptures that God's plan was and is to have earthly sons and daughters from man (Adam and Eve) that can become spiritually minded (Through The Lord Jesus Christ).

1st Corinthians 15:45-50
45. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48. As is the earthy, such are they also earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Eve was the mother of all that are earthly minded, just as Jerusalem which is above is the mother of all that are spiritually minded.
Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Joel

Excellent post Joel and great reference to other mother... "of us all."
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »

Hi John, yea I'm seeing that more and more.

Joel, I too appreciate your comments on "mother of all living," the light bulb went on with that 2nd witness Scripture you gave.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

se7en

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »

I completely agree with John's comment...

"However, whether something is literally true or not, we know that all of Jesus' words are spirit and truth.  The higher spiritual truths are what are most valuable."

I want to reiterate this... that is so, so true... the Word does not mean what it literally says, it means what it means.

A sheep is not a sheep
144,000 does not literally mean 144,000
The moon is not a moon
The wheat is not wheat
gold is not gold
etc.. etc...

Every single phrase and sentence points to Christ, and Christ points to us... everything that He goes through, WE ALL will eventually go through in our own lives (not literally but spiritually). He is the beginning and the end. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. We will ALL eventually live every Word.

So Adam is me. He's you. Eve is me. She's you. We all will go through the process of being marred clay vessels, naked, being crushed, and re-made into His image. Adam did happen back then, but more important and valuable is... Adam is happening right now.... IN US. And it's all a parable of how God is taking His creation and making us into His likeness. All mankind.

Jesus IS...WAS and WILL BE. We ARE, WAS and WILL BE too. As He is, so are we in this world.

My words are spirit and truth. The scriptures are not a history book, it's a spiritual book. Does it have history in it?... of course it does, but as grown up (mature) sons and daughters in Christ, our focus isn't on the carnal physical stuff, we're concerned about spiritual matters. Let the dead be concerned about dead things (we once took part in dead things). We however, currently, search for Truth. That's why we are here! God is causing us, giving us the desire to search Him above anything else! :)

I am the first Adam, I'm also the last Adam. I am, have and will live every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Jesus Christ did it first and is preimenant, and we are the first fruits who walk in His exact foot steps. The rest of the harvest will too, but at a later date. But see, they even play the part of the pharasee for now for our admonition. We too at one time played the pharasee part, we were Pharoah at one time (if they don't play their part what would we come out of? We need each other). Jesus Christ has come in my flesh and is living out His life in me. Not that I have obtained it all... but that I press toward the high calling. I have compassion and love for my brothers and sisters currently caught up in the church world, I know what it's like to come out of Babylon. It's so hard, it kills us. They will all eventually have to go through that... and we will be right there, in loving judgement/chastisement/mercy/grace, showing them the way of Christ.

The whole of scripture is to show us Truth, and this Truth reveals Christ and us. Christ's fate, is our fate! (spiritually) Where we have been, where we are, and where we are going. We are His accomplishment. It's all His work. It's all one.

And it's beautiful :)

I love that He made us love the Truth now. I know you guys share the same feeling and I have to say that it's so good to fellowship with those of like mind. Thank God for each one of you! I have learned so much from you all. :)

I hope this was encouraging!
~Se7en

Joel

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2013, 12:14:53 AM »

I give all the honor, and glory to God the Father, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Savior of all mankind. Jesus Christ the Light of the world.
I am very blessed by all the post on the forum, and the many inspired writings of L. Ray Smith at BT.

Joel

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2013, 01:18:15 AM »

"However, whether something is literally true or not, we know that all of Jesus' words are spirit and truth.  The higher spiritual truths are what are most valuable."

I want to reiterate this... that is so, so true... the Word does not mean what it literally says, it means what it means.

A sheep is not a sheep
The moon is not a moon
The wheat is not wheat
gold is not gold
etc.. etc...

Every single phrase and sentence points to Christ, and Christ points to us... everything that He goes through, WE ALL will eventually go through in our own lives (not literally but spiritually). He is the beginning and the end. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. We will ALL eventually live every Word.

So Adam is me. He's you. Eve is me. She's you. We all will go through the process of being marred clay vessels, naked, being crushed, and re-made into His image. Adam did happen back then, but more important and valuable is... Adam is happening right now.... IN US. And it's all a parable of how God is taking His creation and making us into His likeness. All mankind.

Jesus IS...WAS and WILL BE. We ARE, WAS and WILL BE too. As He is, so are we in this world.

My words are spirit and truth. The scriptures are not a history book, it's a spiritual book. Does it have history in it?... of course it does, but as grown up (mature) sons and daughters in Christ, our focus isn't on the carnal physical stuff, we're concerned about spiritual matters. Let the dead be concerned about dead things (we once took part in dead things). We however, currently, search for Truth. That's why we are here! God is causing us, giving us the desire to search Him above anything else! :)

I am the first Adam, I'm also the last Adam. I am, have and will live every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Jesus Christ did it first and is preimenant, and we are the first fruits who walk in His exact foot steps. The rest of the harvest will too, but at a later date. But see, they even play the part of the pharasee for now for our admonition. We too at one time played the pharasee part, we were Pharoah at one time (if they don't play their part what would we come out of? We need each other). Jesus Christ has come in my flesh and is living out His life in me. Not that I have obtained it all... but that I press toward the high calling. I have compassion and love for my brothers and sisters currently caught up in the church world, I know what it's like to come out of Babylon. It's so hard, it kills us. They will all eventually have to go through that... and we will be right there, in loving judgement/chastisement/mercy/grace, showing them the way of Christ.

The whole of scripture is to show us Truth, and this Truth reveals Christ and us. Christ's fate, is our fate! (spiritually) Where we have been, where we are, and where we are going. We are His accomplishment. It's all His work. It's all one.

I love that He made us love the Truth now. I know you guys share the same feeling and I have to say that it's so good to fellowship with those of like mind. Thank God for each one of you! I have learned so much from you all. :)

Are you saying we are to experience everything in the Word of God? What I have bolded is awfully reminiscent of some other heretical doctrine that once was and probably still is in circulation:

http://www.bible-truths.com/mike.htm
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:26:02 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »

A sheep is not a sheep
The moon is not a moon
The wheat is not wheat
gold is not gold
etc.. etc...

Are you saying we are to experience everything in the Word of God? What I have bolded is awfully reminiscent of some other heretical doctrine that once was and probably still is in circulation:

http://www.bible-truths.com/mike.htm

Alex,

Se7en is new with us.  I don't think he means to harm.  I don't know if he is even aware of the Mike Vinson controversy.

John

Ah, okay. I did only ask though, you can never be too careful these days! :P

se7en

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »

Your right John, sorry guys I didn't know anything about the Mike Vinson controversy. I've just started to read the link provided... I've never seen this paper before!   :o

Thanks for posting it Alex!

~Se7en
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.