bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 55:10-11  (Read 3426 times)

Wonone

Isaiah 55:10-11
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:33:55 AM »

Hallo precious BT Brothers and Sisters!

Trust (or should I say, I know) God has been taking care of you all, though pain and trials, beside joy and peace, may have attended you. God has similarly taken care of me; no matter what trial, He always comes through a Winner. Now that we know the reason for suffering and His love for us, it is next to nothing compared to the glory prepared.

It took me some time to come up with the promissed questions, but here they are. Really, one question with a few extensions. I have been painted here into a corner, yet I sense I am on the verge of a new vista. So glad to have you to turn to!

1/ Yahweh Elohim (YE) of the Old Testament is Jesus Christ of the New Testament? Right?

2/ If so, YE in Isaiah 55:10-11 ...

For, as descending is the downpour and the snow from the heavens, yet there it is not returning, but rather soaks the earth, and causes it to bear and to sprout, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall be My word which shall fare forth from My mouth. It shall not return to Me empty, but rather, it does that which I desire, and prospers in that for which I sent it. (CVOT)

... is describing how He operates in general (say, through a prophet) and (in particular) is foretelling His own (YE) appearance in the human form. True?

3/ The big one for me and the exciting one is the prospect that this principle

[YE Alpha > YE Word faring forth > Action: YE Deed ('that which I desire') > YE Word returning not empty > YE Omega]

given in Isaiah 55:10-11, may have been used in the creation of the cosmos?! Do you think that was the way 'the heavens and the earth' were created?

[God, the Father > The Word (John 1:1, Col 1:15-17) > Creation of Cosmos > The Word submitting to God the Father (1 Cor 15:25-27) > God, All in all (1 Cor 15:28)]

There is another, fourth, question. It may be the toughest or it may turn out to be the easiest (once I acquire a good pair of glasses with your help).

Blessings to all!
Lazar

- - -
In Christ, your sin is forgiven, your old self is dead and buried, and Jesus is risen ... and alive in you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.