bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I pray differently now?  (Read 5487 times)

loretta

Do I pray differently now?
« on: May 19, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum, having stumbled upon Ray's website.  As I started to read I had several questions, many of which were resolved as I continued to study Ray's teachings.  I still have a few questions, but crowning them all is the subject of my post.  How do I pray now?  I must confess though that the subject of hell didn't really motivate me to pray fervently for the salvation of others.  Now that I know the truth about God's eternal purpose, how do I pray, if at all, for others.  How do I pray for myself, now that I understand that I am being/will be judged, disciplined, molded into the image of the Son?  How should my Christian life/walk reflect the knowledge that I have a reverential fear of the purging fire of God?

God bless

loretta

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Do I pray differently now?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

Welcome to the forum Loretta

I like the verse Dennis shared

This paper by Ray is always good

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

I often read it.

I like this verse about prayer

Php 4:6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Pray as the bible says and know that God's will is going to be done.

What stirs me to pray is my love for Him and that desire that burns within to know him more.

God's richest blessings upon you friend

Rhys
🤫

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »

Pray for anything and everything you can think of. Like having a talk with Someone you respect and love. Tell Him anything. He already knows so might as well.

I like how Ray put it when he said he would get excited when God would inspire him to pray.

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

When God wants to answer someone’s prayer, the first thing He will always do is inspire (cause) that person TO PRAY. How can God answer a "prayer" if someone doesn’t "pray"? God can bless us and do favors for us, but God cannot answer our prayers, if we don’t pray. That is why I get excited when I feel inspired to pray, as I am encouraged that God is getting ready to bless or favor me in some way.
----------------------------------------

Isnt that cool :)

Patric

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 01:00:44 AM »

Ooooo I do pray much differently now for sure.....unceasingly throughout the day for his will...before driving...while driving....while laying in bed....just sitting thinking....anytime I see someone in trouble....always on top of the mountain or behind the door in my room of my heart.....today I was reading the 3rd installment of Rays paper on the Lake of Fire....and I out loud asked God to give me persecution.

loretta

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »

Tks Dennis for reminding me about this profound truth that if we are to live by the indwelling spirit of Christ, we cannot but pray the same way.

Tks Rhys for the link to Ray's paper.  As always, so simply profound .  Yes, I must admit that I did become a 'self-righteous' born-again.  I too am learning to live and let live, trusting in God's sovereignty and His power, desire and purpose to save ALL.

Yes John, praying ceaselessly is the essence of the Christian life, which comes naturally to any newfound fellowship.  What mars this beautiful communication is when we try to imitate patterns of prayer that have become the 'norm' in Christian circles - praying aloud, praying scripture, claiming biblical promises, binding and loosing, taking authority in Jesus' name...  While not necessarily wrong (I think) they strain the relationship we have with our Father.

I've had moments like that too, Driggs, when I've been moved to pray,  Absolute mountain top experience!

I'm not yet ready for persecution, Patric!  But I am thankful for this season and I know it is just a season...

Today I had my first Aha moments since coming to Bible truths forum.  In John 13, Jesus washes his disciples feet and after protestation Peter consents to have his feet washed, not wanting to be excluded for being unclean.  Jesus' response to Peter are 'spirit and life',  He symbolically washes the feet for it is the feet that go to where the sinful heart leads. In so doing He 'graces' Peter and invites us to do likewise to others (not wash feet, but extend grace).  Meditating on this, I was humbled that God should wash my feet each time He graces me.

Am absolutely thrilled at what God is teaching me.
--
loretta

thewatchman

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »

As you get new revelation, then yes, you should pray with new understanding. The purging fire is for those who have not judged themselves now. Who have not submitted themselves in obedience to the dealings of the master. We still have a full life to live and a purpose, even if it isn't fueled by the fairytale of hell for eternity. But revelation of the truth can affect much of what we already believe., so be prepared to have your spiritual mind blown as God corrects the errors. Your prayers will reflect this AS you change.

david mc fauld

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 04:35:34 AM »

Great to see someone has given you Ray's teaching on prayer, God will do the rest if it be his will, welcome to the site.

God bless

David.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »

Welcome Loretta to the forums. I pray you stick around and continue to learn here with us all. We are all growing and striving towards Christ by His grace and mercy. This is a place of refuge and encouragemeant but we do get the occasional wolves who try and stir things up. God is faithful though and will protect His flock.

There are some great answers here already. Prayer is a tough one but one thing that has changed with me is that I went from ritualistic prayers at night to constant conversation anytime and anyday about anything and everything. When I do make requests or petitions for my personal sake, they do tend to be before I close my eyes for the night. During the day its more of a conversation of: "how are you doing, can you believe that? My goodness! That was funny Father!" Etc...

God bless,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

loretta

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »

Thank you Watchman, David and Alex.  Yes I do intend sticking around and learning, or shall I say re-learning.  See you around. :)

loretta

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 01:26:40 PM »

welcome Loretta  love your name!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.