bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray gone 1 year now  (Read 11821 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Ray gone 1 year now
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »

I thought I would start this post since a year has gone since the passing of a man that has made such a wonderful difference in my life.

I sure do miss him.

I still question why he had to go even though I know God said it was time.

I wish we still had new articles from him but we don't and that's God's will.

It is God who uses us and He used him in a mighty way and to that I give glory to God.

It just makes me sad.

God bless Ray for all he did.

Rhys
🤫

Patric

Re: Ray gone 1 year now
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:19:50 PM »

Amen....he is missed....and his inspiration of us all including many others will not be fully appreciated til resurrection

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 09:34:43 AM »

I don't think about Ray every day but I can say that not a week goes by that I'm not thinking about him and the impact that he has had on my life.  Yet, it's God who has opened our hearts and minds to understand His word on these various things that Ray has taught on and not Ray himself of course.  In time God will raise up other teachers to take up where Ray left off but we've been left enough material here for almost a lifetime of study and contemplation.  I'm very glad we have quite a few audio teachings of Ray's.  It's comforting to hear his voice now and then.

onelovedread

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »

What a true man of God! What a gift he has left us. I thank God for sending Ray and for leading me to his website and his teaching and this precious forum. Through Ray, I now have all of you my beloved brethren.

I am sad that Ray has passed, but I am glad that he has been relieved from the excruciating pain and suffering he had to bear for such a long time. I pray for Manuela and the rest of his family.

Thank you for this post, Rhys.

Extol

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 12:24:39 PM »

As Arion said, there is enough here to study and learn for the rest of our lives, and I also find the audios to be a special blessing. I listen to them all in order (starting with the 2005 ones), averaging about one every other day...and when I'm done, I'm ready to start over again. And of course, the articles and thousands of e-mails are there for us to read, and contain so much valuable insight. If we put all of his writings together in a book, it probably would be at least as big as a Bible!

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 08:39:14 PM »

I often think about his wife and wonder how she is doing.  I hope she is doing well anyone know?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »

I often think about his wife and wonder how she is doing.  I hope she is doing well anyone know?

She is doing okay. She misses Ray and still has some adjusting to do.

Joel

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »

I thank the Lord for the way he touched Ray's heart, and mind in the way that he chose to do so.
It lets me know that we are closer to the culmination that God has in store for mankind, that many have been looking for, for hundreds of years now.
It's a blessing to read, listen, and study all the truths that are provided free of charge to those that have an ear to hear.

Joel

santgem

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 03:56:26 AM »

i do remember Ray everytime i  visit his writings!

microlink

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »

I also miss Ray greatly. I have downloaded almost all his material and access some of it every day. I was in WCG from 1972 to 1994. I drifted from one group to another looking for more true spiritual meat and found a great deal on this web site. Thank you all, especially the moderators who take time to be of service. In the last few years Ray opened my eyes to the major problems the leadership in the WCG and it is no wonder that it splintered and shattered. He saw the corruption first hand and was not shy in telling us about it. Yes he will be missed and I pray that God will install a teacher who has the depth of spiritual understanding that Ray had.
Joe from Ottawa

dodrill

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »

What is a smith?
Originally, smiths were craftsmen who shaped or formed metal with hammer blows.
For me, Ray was a smith who broke open with scripture the idols in my religion
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:58:42 AM by hayley »

Duane

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »

Ray not only changed my life through a new and ACCURATE understanding of the Bible--he also helped weed out a lot of friends and family--who fled in the presence of light!!
At the same time, many NEW, WONDERFUL and CHERISHED friends, of like persuasion, have replaced the old.
I have met sooo many wonderful people through this site and been blessed by the 'splaining of so many MODERATORS as to my questions!  THANK YOU ALL! 
All this was possible because of a wonderful, humble man named L. Ray Smith!  Our very own "roofer Ray" completely re-shingled my "upper story"!
He is missed!!  Continue to pray for Manuella--I can't imagine her loss and APPRECIATE SO MUCH the time she sacrificed FROM Ray as he was buried in commentaries and papers galore!  I know that she knew that he was a special "man of God" and HER sacrifice will be greatly rewarded!
In Christ,
Duane

indianabob

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 01:00:14 AM »

Well said, one and all.
It's truly miraculous what God can do when HE sets out to bless His people.
Indiana Bob

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 12:59:47 AM »

<3
Elaine

theophilus

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »

Just this morning while doing the dishes, I was listening to one of his videos I downloaded to my phone. "Has God ever done an honest day's work?", Ray asked his audience. Ray did his in our lives by the grace of God.

se7en

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »

I agree with one and all!

And Hayley, I love tha analogy about the Smith's!!!  So very true!
~Se7en

gmik

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 08:09:31 PM »

sad....i miss him too....cant believe its been a year

ez2u

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »

I think the best way to honor Ray ( one of the ways)  would be to inquire how Manuela is doing and help her if needed

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

i went to mobile on may 24-30 to be with manuela for the one year anniversary of ray's death (i even got to see dennis for a little while).  she is doing well and is trying to move on with her life.  we spent many hours sitting in their backyard talking about ray and the last four years of his life, as we watched ceaser try to chase their two cats.  i always loved that ray was such a "cat" person.  many men could care less about cats, but not ray.  it was harder for manuela to come to the first anniversary of ray's death than she thought it would be, but, she knew last year that it was ray's time to leave us. she knew the pain raging underneath his outer strength.

she is taking things one day at a time, as she still struggles with her own intense chronic pain.  she told me there is still one medical billing for ray's care, which they paid with a joint credit card initially, with the sole purpose of the card being for ray's medical expenses.  if they had paid the bill using an account with ray's name only, the balance due would have been dismissed due to ray's death, and manuela's disability.  all other bills for ray's medical expenses have been dismissed except this particular one.  the balance due on this final bill is high.  it is $25,000.  if anyone desires to help manuela with this expense in any way, i know she would deeply appreciate it.  i asked her if it was okay if i passed this information on to the forum and she said yes. 

claudia
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:26:31 PM by cjwood »

loretta

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 04:08:59 AM »

It's only been a few months that I stumbled upon Ray's website and his teachings have been like a breath of fresh air in my spiritual life.  His profound biblical expositions have cleansed away years of garbage which is passed off as truth in Christendom. Early on I was so consumed with this new revelation(s) and I had so many questions, that I excitedly looked for a way to contact with Ray.  Imagine my shock and dismay when I learnt that he had just passed away.  I grieved for Ray as if I had lost a dear friend, a counselor and questioned WHY?  Now, the more I read Ray's teachings, the more I understand God's sovereignty and his purposes for this site.  God alone can and does open up the truth of scripture to our understanding and Ray was a vessel honored for this purpose.  Ray did what he was called to do, to faithfully teach the whole truth to the 'chosen'.  It is for us to continue to seek the truth and abide in it.  In His time and for His purpose, God will raise up prophets like Ray to sound a clarion call to God's elect.  We must be ready!

I'm yet to read all the articles/emails ( where do I find his audio/video teachings?)   I love Ray's style of teaching, even his holy arrogance! :)

My heart goes out to Ray's wife, Manuela.  Yes, do please let us know how we can contribute towards Ray's medical bills.  This is the least we can do to show our appreciation and love for what Ray has done for us and also testify that we are indeed a people of God, called to love and care for each other, however miles may separate us.

It is easier to show grace to others when you know that they will have their turn in the lake of fire.  Just now its my turn!

God bless us all
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:14:13 AM by loretta »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 24 queries.