bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: our dog Roxy  (Read 3254 times)

ez2u

our dog Roxy
« on: May 31, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »

This might be minor to some here considering all that is going on in this country.  Five years ago I would have judged so, but....3 years ago my daughter gave me her Boston terrier, it was a problem dog.  Very loving and loyal to us but hated other dogs and would attack them viciously. With the children gone and my husband working at our warehouse, messing around, i was very lonely and this dog became special for me.  We need to be loved and have companionship.  Two days ago we had to put her down , too many fights with other dogs, to aggressive.  It really hurts, I feel this great lost, never thought I would feel this much grief over an animal.  We live in a very lonely place in this country, so many things so few relationships to fed our souls. She gave me a lot of love and for that I am thankful and sorry I had to end her life so early.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:21:05 AM by ez2u »

Kat

Re: our dog Roxy
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »

Aww, that's sad Peggy, sorry for your lose. I had many pets that died over the years and I too grieved when it happened. They do make good companions and can become special in our lives.

We do know the hurt does get less from these things that happen in time. Sending my love to you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »

Sorry for your dog Peggy and the hurt you experience at this time.

Deu 31:8  It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

I don't think it's minor as when you hurt you hurt and we all hurt in various ways with various things in life and it's a painful thing to go through. Like Kat said it will get less in time.

Love will visit you again and I will be praying for you.

May His loving arms wrap around you and fill you with peace

Rhys
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:54:19 PM by Rhys »
🤫

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »

It gets better with time Peggy.  Unfortunately there are no short cuts.  I personally put down (without the intervention of a vet) a beloved German Shepherd that was old and infirm.  It took me about two weeks to start to feel normal again.  Let yourself grieve and give yourself the time you need.  Then get another pup.  You can get another one of the same breed or go visit your humane society and rescue a dog destined for euthanasia.  You won't be sorry to get another one.

Patric

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 11:08:05 PM »

I have lost cats.....and had to bury one.....but never had to put an animal down. My tears are with you sister.

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 12:37:01 AM »

ditto to rhys' post comment peggy.  mankind could learn a lot about loyalty from dogs.  you will pass the hard pain of loss.  time does heal the staunch emotional reminders.  Praise God for that.

claudia

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 05:09:31 AM »

thank you all for your sweet , wonderful supportive words  they really mean a lot to me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:15:39 AM by ez2u »

se7en

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 01:27:59 PM »

Peggy,

I'm sorry for your loss :(. I know how hard it is to loose a furry faced friend. Our 15 year old rat terrier had to be put to sleep due to inoperable medical reasons about 8 months ago. I hope your doing better today, it will get better with time.

~Se7en
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.