bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are They Born Again?  (Read 4046 times)

Trails1

Are They Born Again?
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »

I often wondered if Christians that are born again, that have lied to me are really born again. Can a born again Christian ever stop telling any lies at all, never again?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Are They Born Again?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »

Hi Trails1.  Being "born again" is not a religious experience.

From Ray:

A TALE OF TWO JERUSALEM'S

"Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is NEW JERUSALEM…" (Rev. 3:12).

What is this "New Jerusalem?" It is a "Mother." Mothers are women who have given birth to children. We have all been birthed by a physical woman—a mother. In order to be "born again," we must be birthed by a spiritual mother. And just who is that spiritual mother?

"For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage [through the DEPTHS of Satan] with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is THE MOTHER OF US ALL" (Gal. 4:25-26).

Our spiritual mother is Jerusalem above. Don’t be deceived by the phrase, "…of us ALL," seeing that Paul himself puts a disclaimer at the end of chapter 5 showing specifically who the "all" includes here:

"For IN Christ Jesus neither circumcision avails any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a NEW CREATURE [creation]. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the [spiritual] Israel of God" (Gal. 5:15-16).

And what is this "rule" that Paul is speaking of? Why those who are living by the spirit, and not the flesh and letter of the Law of Moses. Those who live by the "Law of the SPIRIT" which is what the New Covenant is all about.

"LOVE your enemies!"

"Love NOT the world, neither the things that are in the world"

The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life!

"I am crucified WITH Christ!"

These are the spiritual laws of the New Covenant. They are far superior to the laws of Moses under the Old Covenant.

------------------------------------

We'll all stop telling lies, no matter what labels we apply to ourselves.

Rev 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:08:50 PM »

Christians say they are born again but don't know what they are saying

A passage from Ray in blue

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm

REBIRTH/BORN AGAIN: "...that which is conceived [Gk: gennao] in her is of the Holy Spirit... Now when Jesus was born [Gk: gennao] in Bethlehem..." (Matt. 1:20 & 2:1). Notice that words "conceived" and "born" are both translated from the same one Greek word gennao. So what are we to do with this verse: "Except a man be born [Gk: gennao] again he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3). Should this verse read: "born again," or "begotten anew?" I once believed this verse should be "begotten" rather than "born," seeing that no one is literally "born" again in this life, but I now believe that context forbids this translation. But how can Believers be literally born again in this life based on the context of Jesus' statement:
"That which is born of the flesh [that's all of us] IS FLESH [that too is all of us] and that which is born of the Spirit [are we now born of the Spirit? NO, and here's why...] ...that which is born of the Spirit IS SPIRIT" (John 3:6). Is anyone human flesh and at the same time SPIRIT? No, I think not. Jesus adds more proof of what it is like to be "born of the Spirit" - "The wind [Gk: pneuma-'spirit'] blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell whence it comes, or whether it goes: so is everyone that is BORN of the Spirit" (Verse8). Right there are three reasons why no one except Jesus has been born of the Spirit: [1] We are not composed of spirit, [2] We are not powerful like the wind, [3] Neither are we invisible like the wind.
And so, we as Believers as "conceived" by the Spirit of God and have the "earnest" of His Spirit (Eph. 1:14), but we will not be born again (or anew) until we are resurrected with "incorruptible, glorified, powerful, SPIRITUAL bodies" - like the WIND (I Cor. 15:42-44).

They lie because they are in the flesh and carnal.

The term born again Christian makes no sense because they make no sense with there beliefs.

Christians often say you have to be born again to enter heaven but then say if your Christian you go to heaven but if your not born again you go to hell.

It's a silly term they use to defend the heaven and hell thing but they have no idea what it really means.

They will stop telling lies when God makes them stop.

Don't be concerned about there lies they already believe lies to start with and we need to come out of them to see His truth.

It's the lie they really believe which is more the issue than the lies they tell.

May God keep you in his warm and comforting embrace

Rhys
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:37:55 PM by Rhys »
🤫

microlink

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:01:31 AM »

Hi,

I agree with Rhys and his extract from Ray's explanation on this matter of born again. When WCG went into heresy, they said if we accept Christ we are born again to conform with fundamentalist evangelical teaching.  Rays and Rhys points are clear and scriptural. We will be born into the family of God at the resurrection of the first fruits.

Joe from Ottawa
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.