bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Enemies of God  (Read 11636 times)

Trails1

The Enemies of God
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:17:28 AM »

Is it wrong to help and promote and love the enemies of God?

onelovedread

Re: The Enemies of God
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »

Not sure I fully understand the question.
However
Seems to me that would be ALL men (at some point) based on the scriptures which say that ALL were estranged and enemies ... by wicked acts, yet now He reconciled... through His death to present us (the ones He has called) flawless and unimpeachable...
Seems to me that all who have not yet been called by God would still be enemies of God.
We still have to function in this world (system) of which most are still estranged  and enemies.

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »

I do not think it is possible for God to have enemies, why would He do something like that to Himself. Does He need some kind of competion. The only ones He could have would be us. Why fight a battle you will lose you have already lost.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Patric

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »

Besides humanity.....the ones he created in Satan and the demons I am guessing? So yes why promote the evil side that we already do? This is an enigma wrapped inside a riddle of perhaps one of those square circles or scriptures that contradict and refute each other! *tears my robes* LOL sorry a bit of tongue a cheek here.

Ricky

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »

If it is not possible for God to do something wrong,  and that would mean He cannot have any emiemes. My take on this is that Religion is His only enemies.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmityG2189 against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

G2189 - hostility; by implication a reason for opposition: - enmity, hatred.

All humanity in the carnal flesh are enmity - hostile - hate God, that makes us His enemy. It is not until the Spirit indwells and we join with God then He takes this hostility away.

John 15:18  "If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you.
v. 19  If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

1John 2:15  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him.

James 4:4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

friend n 1 : one attached to another by respect or affection 2 : acquaintance 3 : one who is not hostile 4 : one who supports or favors something <a ~ of art> 5 cap : a member of the Society of Friends.

We live in the world and do not need to avoid contact with other people, but we cannot be "friends" with the world or to me that means desire or enjoy the ways of the world.

2Peter 2:20  For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.
v. 21  For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them.
v. 22  What the true proverb says has happened to them: "The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:17:12 AM by Kat »

Joel

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 02:12:24 AM »

Hi Trails1,
Not sure what you mean by "help and promote."
The Lord Jesus Christ, and the Father are our best examples ever regarding what we should do.
Luke 23:34-Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
Matthew 5:43-48
43-Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.
44-But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45-That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46-For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47-And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48-Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Joel

acomplishedartis

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 03:48:04 AM »

This is how I see it. And I don't see any enigma here:

God doesn't have any enemies that could compete against him. When you are as powerfull as God, you can create your own enemy, and use it for a great purpose, specially if you want to teach your creatures trough contrasts in a world of contrats.

Of course is wrong to promote and help the enemies of God. As we can see, Jesus wasn't promoting or helping the religious leaders of His time, actually Jesus was his enemy since his teachings where all about spiritual matters of consequence while the religious leaders where stocked in useless rituals and where hypocrites.            I believe that, watching from a large scale view, Christendom have poison society in so many ways.

And Yes, we should love (agapao-giving without expecting anything) our enemies, but we should not love (phileo-sharing as a close friend) our enemies...

Moises

ps. Even when many churches do ''good works''; many times, vanity, self promotion/advertising, and a self right attitude/ego is involved. But this too is part of the whole game, because if they would not do this things, they would not be able to deceive the whole world.

Trails1

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 04:54:12 AM »

God doesn't have any enemies that could compete against him. When you are as powerfull as God, you can create your own enemy, and use it for a great purpose, specially if you want to teach your creatures trough contrasts in a world of contrats.

Of course is wrong to promote and help the enemies of God. As we can see, Jesus wasn't promoting or helping the religious leaders of His time, actually Jesus was his enemy since his teachings where all about spiritual matters of consequence while the religious leaders where stocked in useless rituals and where hypocrites.            I believe that, watching from a large scale view, Christendom have poison society in so many ways.

And Yes, we should love (agapao-giving without expecting anything) our enemies, but we should not love (phileo-sharing as a close friend) our enemies...

Moises

ps. Even when many churches do ''good works''; many times, vanity, self promotion/advertising, and a self right attitude/ego is involved. But this too is part of the whole game, because if they would not do this things, they would not be able to deceive the whole world.
Is it wrong to help and rescue those from their punishment that God has put upon them to try to cause them to repent from their sins and evil ways?

For example if God sent tornadoes and floods to destroy towns here in America because they are promoting and committing same sex marriage and promiscuous out of marriage sex and all kinds of abominations and adultery and fornication's and abortions and etc. etc. etc.

Is it wrong to deliver them from their punishment and correction from God?

Trails1

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 08:09:37 AM »

Moises

Is it wrong to help and rescue those from their punishment that God has put upon them to try to cause them to repent from their sins and evil ways?

For example if God sent tornadoes and floods to destroy towns here in America because they are promoting and committing same sex marriage and promiscuous out of marriage sex and all kinds of abominations and adultery and fornication's and abortions and etc. etc. etc.

You are in error if you assume the destruction of life and property from tornadoes and floods is due to people committing sins.

In chapter 1 of the Book of Job, Job's ten children were killed due to a great wind and it was not because of their sins or Job's.

In fact, God never tells Job specifically why Job experienced all the sufferings he did.

Job said, "Shall we accept good from God and not evil?"  Job 2:10

Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, and it was not due to any sin by Joseph.

God is responsible for all things in our lives, both the good and evil.
You are in error if you assume that I am talking about Job.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 11:26:32 AM »

Ecc 9:11  I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Time, Chance, and Circumstance can happen to anyone, including any one of us (according to God's plan).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:31:55 AM by Dennis Vogel »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »

Trails1,

What are you really trying to say?  Are you seriously trying to get some honest feedback or are you just trying to make some personal statement?  Do you think the questions you asked are wrong?

René

Trails1

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 02:13:02 PM »

Trails1,

What are you really trying to say?  Are you seriously trying to get some honest feedback or are you just trying to make some personal statement?  Do you think the questions you asked are wrong?

René
I would not waste my time making personal statements to you. If I ask a question the purpose is to get your answer.  It did not happen in the present time, by chance. The honest part is up to them who answer the questions.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »

So are you saying bad things never happen to good people?

Trails1

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »

At this point in time I do not believe there is anyone of flesh and blood upon the face of the whole Earth that is good. All are evil to some degree or another.

So to answer your question...yes

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »

At this point in time I do not believe there is anyone of flesh and blood upon the face of the whole Earth that is good. All are evil to some degree or another.

Obviously, that's relative to other people. Some are better than others.

All are evil to some degree or another.

You just made my point.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

Edit: I realized after posting this that there is some issue with how we define good people. I suppose if you are looking at it from an absolute perspective, then as God has said; there is none good, no not one.

However, if you look at it from a relativistic sense, that is, from the point of view of man, then there are just men such as Zechariah.

It is AN EXPERIENCE OF EVIL Elohim [God] has given to the SONS OF HUMANITY to humble them by it" (Ecc. 1:13, Concordant Literal Old Testament)

I'll just retract my statement and leave it at that. An experience of evil regardless of whether we compare men to men or men to God. Good or bad, evil befalls them all.

In Christ,

Alex

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:33:06 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Joel

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 11:47:54 PM »

It's no real surprise that the people that choose to live in tornado alley are going to get bowled over at some point in time.
I wouldn't want to build my house and set up shop on the rim of an active volcano. God does expect us to use our common senses I think.

Joel

microlink

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 11:52:34 PM »

All is of God and from God. We have no power to convert or change the behaviour of people.
All humans are enemies of God until begotten by the Holy Spirit.
We are told to love our enemies, do good to those that persecute and pray for those that spitefully use you.
We are to be the salt of the earth and to let our light shine (by our deeds and behaviour and not by our words).
We can of ourselves do nothing. Only as God wills.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 06:04:10 AM »

Moises

I was already done with posting, but I will try to answer...  The reason for why I suspect that your answer got a different reaction that you probably expected is because you are making a lot of assumptions on it (and probably with out you noticing it):

you said:

Firs when you talk about ''help and rescue'' Are you talking about a spiritual rescue or physical?

You are assuming that God's punishment is over entire groups of people, when God is going to judge us individually. I believe that what Dennis said would answer well that assumption. Humanity is not yet in the White Throne of judgment, in the present, good and bad things happen to all kinds of people and there is an overabundance of examples all around us to prove that point.

Here are a couple statements that I once wrote which might help somehow:

Poverty and human suffering are not even sins/mistakes by themselves, neither symptoms of diseases nor something like that. These are just temporally physical conditions that can simply be the result of way too many circumstances totally out of the control of the people lacking the resources or experiencing the discomforts.

Many times, murder, corruption, fornication, stupid waste, etc. are simply the result of certain social structures. The enemy is not out there somewhere on a physical location, the enemy is IN US!

No quantity of money or human worldly power’ will ever finish with the hassles of humanity. God is in control OF EVERYTHING and not us, He has already formulated a PERFECT AND BENEVOLENT PLAN for His creation and He has said that he is going to accomplished it...

...I hope that nobody thinks that I believe that helping personally the physical poor with a pure attitude and motivation when the opportunity is presented is totally meaningless. This is not the case, because let’s remember that the Most High is always watching;

If, the oppression of the poor, and the wresting of justice and righteousness, thou see in the province, do not be astonished over the matter,—for, ONE HIGH ABOVE THE HIGHEST, IS WATCHING, YEA, THE MOST HIGH, IS OVER THEM. (Ec. 5:8) 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 06:08:21 AM by Moises G. »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.