bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total cut  (Read 3595 times)

onelovedread

Total cut
« on: June 13, 2013, 04:21:45 PM »

I have posted over the last couple of years that even though I had left my former church fellowship, I still occasionally visited and communictated with a few of the brethren by phone.

Circumstances have recently worked out that have resulted in my no longer being in touch with anyone and I have been totally severed from that body. (Ironically, the last time I attended was for a funeral service ???)

My family thinks that I have gone off the deep end because of my beliefs, so there is virtually no one close to me who shares my beliefs. They think that I blaspheme when I tell them truths such as all will eventually be saved, and that God does not torture people for 'eternity'. ;)

Now I am in the situation like many of you, forum family, where the only fellowship I have is right here. That's why I am always yearning for the imput of many of the original posters who understandably have gone silent and in some cases have moved on. I get it, I really do. :P

I thought that I would have felt alienated or unfulfilled, but surprisingly I'm okay. I know that God has His purpose and even though I don't understand how he could have called a sinner like me, I am not going to question Him.  :D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Total cut
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 06:42:06 PM »

bloom where you are planted john chris.  even if you are the only flower blooming.  God still causes you to grow and be beautiful in His sight.  even if/when the whole world tries to destroy your faith.  you are cut off from the "brethren" you used to communicate with.  but, God your Father has caused this, as you well know.  i too would love for old forum members to come back here, even though i truly understand why many don't.  it's God.  it's ALL God.

you are not alone.  His Spirit is within you.

love in Christ,
claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:41 PM »

Nicely said Claudia

It's hard feeling cut off - well I know it is for me

There is a good bunch here to fellowship with and we have fellowship with Him

I think you don't feel alienated or unfulfilled because you have that relationship with Him and His love within you. So though we are alone we are not alone with Him. The road may be hard but His truth sustains us and we grow in Him

Bless you

Rhys  ;)
🤫

se7en

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »

Great encouragment guys!

JohnChris,

I know exactly what you are going through as this has recently happened to me (within the last 6 months).  I'm in a major part of the Bible belt of the USA and there are more churchs and denominations here than you can throw a stick at!

It does feel like we are alone but we are not. Thank God for technology! There are forums like this, youtube, Skype, Meeting websites where we can all "skype" together etc.

I'll PM you!
~Se7en

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »

I thought that I would have felt alienated or unfulfilled, but surprisingly I'm okay. I know that God has His purpose and even though I don't understand how he could have called a sinner like me, I am not going to question Him.  :D

Hi John Chris,

It really is a good thing when we embrace all the changes that God bring into our lives, even if we don't fully understand it.  I'm happy to hear you are ok with your present situation. :)

I agree with se7en, you do not have to live in the same area to communicate and get to know a fellow believer.  We are blessed to live in times whereby technology allows us the ability to communicate with almost anyone, any where.   As I mentioned in another thread, I have established a wonderful friendship with another forum member and we live hundreds of miles apart.

I would like to encourage those of you who are in need of more fellowship to be more proactive in getting to know the brethren who are right in front of your face (spiritually speaking). ;)

René

microlink

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

Concur with the comments made. This ties into the comments on the subject of "Anyone in Colorado...." regarding fellowshiping together. We are social beings and it is normal to want fellowship and communion with others of similar beliefs. And its true that we strive to be of one mind - the Mind of Christ we know we will not reach that perfect state until the resurrection, but must do our best to strive for that goal. I have always been in fellowship with previous church groups (congregations) and some of my best friends were in WCG and I still communicate with them on occasion. But the bond that was once so strong with them is not that way any-more. I am finding that this forum and the members here are people I can feel close to being of one mind with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.