bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: new member  (Read 11001 times)

scoobychiro

« on: June 14, 2013, 07:49:55 PM »

Hi. My name is Pete and whilst I have joined temporarily twice before in the last 4 years, I never actually introduced myself.
I have read virtually everything on the website and now feel its time to dig deeper...mostly because for the last four years I have been ignored for my belief and on two occasions told that I have been 'rolled over by the devil' and 'deceived'. My background is Pentecostal!
I live in Sheffield in the UK, and would love to find time to talk face to face with fellow believers as I find myself alone in my view where I am. I left the supposed Church behind 4 years ago, but my family is still my greatest oppressor...all Pentecostal Pastors! I don't lack strength... but I do lack compassion sometimes in the arguments.
2 Timothy, just yesterday, showed me that I must be gentle...so I thank God for the instruction...and will try harder to be gentle toward my accusing family...hey ho!
I hope to read more now I am back, and look forward to posing some questions.
Pete

gregorydc

Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:28:20 PM »

Nice to meet you brother Pete. My hope is that you receive everything you are looking for here and that you find many brothers and sisters to assist you in your endeavors.
Greg

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »

Welcome to the forum - haha officially since you have been here before

Those people were talking about themselves when they said rolled over by the devil. You see the truth when God shines His light.

I'm in NZ so bit far away to be face to face  ;D

I feel compassion comes in time as we respond to His truth in our lives. That is what I find for myself.

Keep reading and I look forward to your questions.

Bless you with His precious love

Rhys
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »

Good to met you, Pete.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »

hi pete.  there are forum members living in the uk.  you can try dave uk.  they have even had smaller uk conferences discussing ray's studies. 

nice to have you onboard.

claudia
austin, tx

chav

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »

Hi Pete
Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us here from the UK and we have met together a few times. We live on the south coast which is quite a long way from where you are but you're more than welcome to contact me if you wish.
All the best
Dave

scoobychiro

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 07:48:56 PM »

thanks lady/gentlemen

you seem like a friendly lot! :)
to Dave uk, I grew up in Bournemouth, and travel down every 8 weeks...where are you guys based?

I will take some time reading some of the great stuff on here soon and then get to throw some questions around. I have just been with my mother and father this weekend (UK father's day!) and would like to briefly ask you if anyone has any thoughts on which topic they would start with in order to lay some quick foundations down for some stalwort Pentecostals, in order for them to possibly see outside their box?

I have tried several angles with many hours debate already with little avail. Whilst I understand the 'blindness' principle, its definitely worth pursuing is it not?

Pete

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 08:49:40 PM »

If most christians just needed a little trim around the edges, it might be easy.  But for many, especially deeply involved, the prospect and effects of the spiritual house crumbling is just too daunting a fear to let any crack stay unplugged.  IF they've ever had 'doubts', they've already talked themselves out of them.  If they are still there, they will show themselves.

Whatever you do, do with meekness.  It's core to our belief that your friends and family will be OK.  If I had any of my 'episodes' to do over, I'd listen more and ask more questions.  Most can't take two steps without stumbling in some contradiction.  But mostly, I'd hope to be a better example and let them be the ones asking the questions.  That is the surest 'proof' of all that the LORD is dealing with them.  Until then, He is dealing with you.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

loretta

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 01:22:28 AM »

Whatever you do, do with meekness.  It's core to our belief that your friends and family will be OK.  If I had any of my 'episodes' to do over, I'd listen more and ask more questions.  Most can't take two steps without stumbling in some contradiction.  But mostly, I'd hope to be a better example and let them be the ones asking the questions.  That is the surest 'proof' of all that the LORD is dealing with them.  Until then, He is dealing with you.

I'll second that, Dave.  Both experientially and now post BT, it makes for sound biblical reasoning.  I couldn't have worded it better.  As for my 'episodes', I wish I could obliterate them!  I think that as we strive to be the light, rather than shine the light (on others), everything falls into place. 

Welcome, Pete. :)  Coming from a family of Pentecostal Pastors, sure must make things difficult.  Trust God to open up opportunities to share the truth in love, and He will.  Till then, agapao them as you have never before.

God bless
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:39:11 AM by loretta »

se7en

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »

Rhys, good, good juju!...

"I feel compassion comes in time as we respond to His truth in our lives."

Welcome back Pete! Look forward to chatting with you. I can definitely relate to what your going through as I'm currently going through it!  Family does NOT understand. Thank the Lord He was with me and causing me to see during a potentially "bad" episode between me and my wife this weekend.  I could feel HULK coming out, that beast wants to rise up and destroy, but by God's grace He has me see and obey more and more with each episode that...

Whatever my wife does, it's in perfect harmony with what God is doing right now. Resist not evil, listen in gentleness and through the tribulation be humble, love. My wife knows what I believe, I don't have to shove it at her. It hurts her to hear that God created and uses evil often. Free will is of primary importance to her..... and I can still love her just like the Lord loved me and was patient with me all those years. If I didn't have my wife in my life right now doing what she's doing and believing what she's believing... how would I learn and be graced and grow in Christ? She is of God. And I love her all the more for it! I thank God for her!

It's currently what the Lord has been gracing me with so far :)  Awesome stuff, hard.... dang hard to keep Hulk at bay.... but so, so worth it :)
~Se7en

Kat

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum  :)
This place works quite well for getting the needed fellowship we all seem to desire. I know it's not the same as face to face meetings, but it serves a good purpose for bringing together like minded people from all over this world. I have met some people that we now go beyond the forum with regular communications and that is great.

Just come in when you need to and ask questions that you have and you should find the interaction to be very helpful.

Here are the links to our info and check out the forum rules, it will help you understand how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

General discussion board, this is to ask questions and discuss what is presented at the Bible-truths.com site.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

Child board for General discussion board - FAQ
(most frequently asked questions)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Off Topic board, this is to discuss things that do not directly relate to BT, you will find a good bit of humor here.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

child board on Off Topic board
Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship board, this is mostly for personal posts.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Child boards (only available to members) on Testimonies board
Who Am I? (members pics and other stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

Members Recipes, for sharing recipes and food tips
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Patric

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 11:38:49 AM »

Welcome Pete......
It seems persecution is with you my brother! This is a sign that you are being molded into our Father's image. Unless of course you are so blinded and deceived that devil has indeed rolled you over LOL. In either case most Christians will be against you either way! aah just like the witch hunts of old....once accused or in opposition you are doomed. I find that what comes out of my mouth is rarely my own knowledge. The Spirit speaks through me and for me when I speak of scripture. I also realize that those who also read the same book may or may not have the same understanding as I or have been shown the same revelations. So I make no judgments nor say what is right or wrong. Some have stronger or weaker faith then others. I am sure that not everything that I believe or think or worship is perfect.

I take heart in knowing that our Father will change us all. He chooses who sees and hears and understands his word. Therefore it does not depend upon humankind effort or desire. See your family and Pastors this way and you will have peace and less pressure to win with your side weather you are right or wrong. By you seeking to be meek and gentle you are erring on the side that will have less resistance. Ray told me something profound in one of his papers. Blind people can not see! This of course is Spiritual and is true. No matter how close you put this to their face or how big the letters, or how beautiful the writing they will not see.

Let him who has eyes see. Let him who has ears hear. Let him that is alive continue to live.
It does not say Let him that is blind be teased. Let him that can't hear be yelled at. And let him that is dead be kicked and rolled.
just my two cents

chav

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

to Dave uk, I grew up in Bournemouth, and travel down every 8 weeks...where are you guys based?

We're in Bournemouth would you believe.

Dave

loretta

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:19 AM »

Your two cents is priceless, Patric! :)  Sometimes, in my idle wonderings, I begin to question whether I am the one who is deceived.  And then I read such words of wisdom that can only come from God himself, and I rest assured that the truth has indeed been revealed to the elect of whom I am blessed to be part of.

scoobychiro

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »

Thanks All of you for replying and writing.

To DaveUK...my uncle and extended family run the calvary pentecostal church in Parkstone. (Cromwell Road). I have had a lot of feedback via my immediate family from their 'learned' ways which can never be wrong, to the point where my cousin who I have grown up with and shared many a mad moment has been told by his Pastor father never to see me again!
Whilst generally offended to the core with the un-Christian behaviour, I actually have been given the good-hearted nature to just ride with it..thanks only to God.
I have gone through about 4 years of hard work, and arguments, and now the gentleness thing is starting to work inside me.
Again, thanks only to God.
I am like minded with you guys and what Ray has taught...the blind just simply cannot see, and it is only God who opens the blind eyes. His choice, never ours. And from that perspective, which has taken a while to sink into this thick skin, I am happier now to just love them as Christ loved them (ish!!) and to also cry out with Him " Father forgive them (all) for they know not what they do!"
And equally for me...I never knew what I was doing for 36 years, and maybe still see through a dark glass, dimly. And I never chose to come out of that place...so I must have been dragged!

Does anyone struggle with the opposite thoughts...whereby lots of people in pain may say 'why me?'...does anyone ask 'why has God chosen me to potentially be of the elect?'...and I choose my words carefully because I am not confident in my position before God. "why am I chosen and not my Dad/friend/worthy person to my right?"

In Love Pete

gregorydc

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »

Hello Pete,
  I constantly go through the same doubt and worry. I believe it is a part of the learning process. "I believe Lord, help me with my unbelief", is a prayer I believe I have prayed many times. With God, and my brothers and sisters here, and their prayers, I am coming along, I hope. Just know you are not alone in your struggles, there are many here who have already gone through what you are going through, and many going through these same problems now. That is why this pace is so helpful to so many.
God bless
Greg

se7en

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »

Absolutely Pete, your not alone in those thoughts, I've had those same thoughts...

"why am I chosen and not my Dad/friend/worthy person to my right?" (we say this humbly, as you said.) The short answer as God has given to me to understand so far is "God decides who He will".

Ultimately God the potter decides what he wants to do with each clay pot (build for honor or dishonor). However, we will all evenatully be saved and have the mind of Christ, every one of us... ALL mankind. All of this is moving in one direction.... THE SALVATION OF ALL THROUGH CHRIST!!  :)  And that is a most comforting thought!

Some get it sooner (the elect) than others and it is a high calling. God causes us to run the race, be graced, trained, disciplined and chastised into the kingdom. It's all His work!  However, it keeps us humble because...

Matt 4:4 Man shall not live on bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God

Christ will eventually save everyone, however, knowing where we come from, it keeps us humble (going through this evil age). I am the murderer, I am the child molester, I've taken part in the flesh, all is vanity. It is God who decides who He wants to come out sooner than the others. He gives us the desire to want to come out.  The others "them" will to, eventually, but in their allotted time. Every single one of us, will live every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God in their own life. First the physical, then the spiritual.

It's beautiful! I hope that was encouraging.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:02:54 PM by se7en »
~Se7en

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:48 PM »

Does anyone struggle with the opposite thoughts...whereby lots of people in pain may say 'why me?'...does anyone ask 'why has God chosen me to potentially be of the elect?'...and I choose my words carefully because I am not confident in my position before God. "why am I chosen and not my Dad/friend/worthy person to my right?"

In Love Pete

Yes. 

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 10:23:59 PM »

In Love Pete

Yes.

Yes too
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 01:43:50 AM »

on a side note pete, i just wanted to tell you that one of my dogs' name is sheffield wednesday.  perhaps you heard of that football team around your parts??  i always just loved the name.  but, i support arsenal. 

claudia
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.