bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Famine Is Here  (Read 4007 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Famine Is Here
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:09:57 AM »

Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord God, That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the LORD. Amos 8:11

Patric

Re: Famine Is Here
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »

well there it is.....humankind does not live on bread alone, and the starvation of his Spirit was promised. In the last verse of that chapter it says "They will fall, never to rise again" so it is clear that spiritual death was to come.

JD

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 02:02:04 AM »

Very subtle John, very subtle...  :P

JD

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 07:39:14 AM »

It is interesting John. I cannot remember Ray using it? But it fits in nicely.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:27:13 PM »

If you have the Spirit indwelling, where is the famine?

John 14:17  the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
v. 18  I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

John 14:26  But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Certainly the church is starving, but we have come out of that wasteland, we now have 'food' in great bounty.

John 6:35  Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty.

John 6:55  For My flesh is real food and My blood is real drink.
v. 56  Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood remains in Me, and I in him.
v. 57  Just as the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on Me will live because of Me.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 04:40:26 PM »

This fits the Parable of the five wise and five foolish virgins.

Also

There is food, that the world knows not of.

Arc

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »

Certainly the church is starving, but we have come out of that wasteland, we now have 'food' in great bounty.

Yep, no famine here.  I continue to feel very nourished. 8)

René

se7en

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »

Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord God, That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the LORD. Amos 8:11

That is so, so true. It reminds me of when Ray was talking about...

"The doctrine of "eternal torture" is the most evil doctrine, teaching, or concept ever invented in the history of the universe. It is the MOST blasphemous thing that could ever be attributed our Lord and Father."

This teaching runs rampant in Babylon.... who is going through the famine as we speak.

Guys, I speak from my opinion when I say this but, I want to squish that teaching into the ground so hard to where it's completely abolished.... but I have to be patient. It WILL happen one day.  In my life, thank God this has happened already, but I'm just sad for mankind during this time as they go through the famine. I look forward to the day when mankind will see through this lie and the famine stops. :)

~Se7en

ez2u

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 08:56:05 AM »

yes knowing Christ  and being in his presence is feeding to my soul   but sometimes I get very lonely I guess its because I am a human being.  Does anyone else experience this too. Kat thanks for your reminder and Deborah. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:58:52 AM by ez2u »

se7en

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 01:58:23 PM »

Absolutely, I feel so lonely at times too. I think it's a part of the process of being seperated from our brothers as Joseph was, put in prison, shut away etc. But even that was only for a time.

It helps me to think that God is being and has been so patient with us. Waiting for us. Patiently waiting. He's the master at patience!  And I know He's growing us to be patient too.
~Se7en
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.