bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL IN ALL  (Read 4091 times)

Nathan

ALL IN ALL
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »

I have a question that I'm hoping some of you may be able to shed some light on: After the Son is subjected to the Father and the Father becomes ALL in all, will the elect continue to reign as kings and priests or does that privilege end once the Father becomes ALL in all?

"And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all." (I Cor. 15:28)

Nathan

Re: ALL IN ALL
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

We cannot answer your question because there are only a few Scriptures about that future time, and we do not know a lot of the details.  It is a very, very long time into the future; ages to come.  There is much work needed to be done before then.

However, when God is all in all, when His law is in our hearts, when we will automatically do what is right and good, there will not be a need for a lot of kings and priests and law and rules because all will know Him from the least to the greatest.

Well said. Thanks, John.

dave

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »

Glory! and Amen John! :)

Wonone

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:42:55 AM »

1 Corinthians 15:20-28: Eonian Countdown
I take it as the End of Eons. The End of Time.
It will mark a totally new beginning, about which we know next to nothing.

4. The events described in Revelation.
3. Death (synonymous with Time) abolished.
2. God subjecting Christ to Himself: Christ giving up the kingdom to his God and Father.
1. God All in all: An epochal event. A major landmark!

The end of the 'Let Us make humanity in Our image and according Our likeness' project.
A 'time' beyond time, as Death will be no more. What an event!

But, as John, in a feet-on-the-ground outlook, said, 'It is a very, very long time into the future; ages to come.  There is much work needed to be done before then.'!!

Personally I found it very useful as a reference point. Since reading Ray, 1 Cor 15:28 has become the focal point of all earthly history and of my life.

Blessings Nathan!

microlink

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 01:01:36 AM »

Will the elect reign as Kings and priests when the time comes for everything to be all in all?
In all likelihood no. Why?
We read in I Cor 15.

1Co 15:24  Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27  For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

So we see that at the end (the last eon) Christ delivers the Kingdom to the Father and ALL RULE, AUTHORITY AND POWER will be put down.
He reigns UNTIL all enemies including death are put away. Consequently thee will no longer be a need for Kings and Priests to rule. There will be nothing to rule over since there will be total unity - ALL IN ALL. How marvellous.

We have much to learn and eventually find out concerning the full depth of meaning of ALL IN ALL. This subject is really the deep things of God.
Wonderful how God works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.