bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Prayer!!!  (Read 9354 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Need Prayer!!!
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:34:45 PM »

Hey everyone,

Big day today, and coming up. I'm sending out my applications to certain medical schools around the country.. I could really use your prayer. Its a long shot and I've done everything by the grace of God that I can to get to this point.

Its been a long road and it is by no means over but It would be a divine miracle to get into a school this time around. I think I would be extremely discouraged if I was accepted no where. I'm not sure what I'd do other than keep moving forward, I suppose. I don't want to think about that right now though, positive thoughts and prayers!

By any chance, would anyone friendly be in or near any of these schools and willing to fellowship sometime if I do get accepted to a school? That way I could apply to the ones near people I know as well to just increase my chances of getting an interview somewhere. Here is the list of options;

A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona, AZ    Deadline: 03/01/14 Midnight EST   
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, AL    Deadline: 03/01/14 Midnight EST   
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, NC    Deadline: 03/01/14 Midnight EST   
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, Admissions Office, IL    Deadline: 01/01/14 Midnight EST   
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IA    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill, PA    Deadline: 04/01/14 Midnight EST   
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL    Deadline: 04/01/14 Midnight EST   
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IN    Deadline: 03/01/14 Midnight EST   
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MI    Deadline: 12/01/13 Midnight EST   
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine, NY    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL    Deadline: 01/15/14 Midnight EST   
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, OH    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine, OK    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, WA    Deadline: 03/15/14 Midnight EST   
Georgia Campus - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, GA    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
University of Pikeville-Kentucky, College of Osteopathic Medicine, KY    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Rocky Vista University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, CO    Deadline: 03/15/14 Midnight EST   
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY    Deadline: 04/01/14 Midnight EST   
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (formerly UMDNJ SOM), NJ    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, ME    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine -Virginia Campus, VA    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus, SC    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Admissions Office, WV    Deadline: 02/15/14 Midnight EST   
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Lebanon, OR    Deadline: 02/01/14 Midnight EST   
William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine, MS

Here is where I am already applying;

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, AZ   Incomplete   X
Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine, TN   Incomplete   X
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, PA   Incomplete   X
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA   Incomplete   X
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada, NV   Incomplete   X
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA   Incomplete   X

So how it works is if they are interested in me, some schools ask for a secondary follow up application, after that its interviews if all goes well from there and if the interview goes well, acceptance and med school in the year 2014!

I'm a little terrified due to all the uncertainty so I'm looking for some support and prayers. I know how valuable your prayers were when I was studying for the MCAT. I was literally changed by that event and undoubtedly in my mind, because you were all supporting me in spirit so I know there is power here and I'm humbling requesting it from you all.

Thanks and God bless,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Need Prayer!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »

Praying for you Alex

I'm sure it will all work out for you

Psa 138:8  The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Richest blessings unto you

Rhys
🤫

jingle52

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 08:40:48 AM »

Alex, you've come this far - in bocca al lupo - God in His mercy will guide you through all the phases of your life! We are all praying for your success!  :)
Jingle

gregorydc

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »

Prayer from here to brother!  God will provide what you need, sometimes it just takes a few days.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »

With 'Obamacare' [whole nother story] there is going to be an incredible demand for doctors and other medical professionals in the future.  But the crux of the matter is for God's will to be done and not your will.  But, your doing what your supposed to do.  You are asking, seeking and knocking.  And in God's timing the appropriate door will be opened for you.  Praying that God would give you not the school you want but peace of mind about the whole process.  God's will shall be done in your life.  It's never failed yet and you can rest in that.

Doug

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom and prayer!

Rhys, that verse was absolutely beautiful, thank you a bunch for sharing it. It brings me great comfort.

Greg and Jingle, thank you! The application process can last quite a while, in fact, often times it takes months before you hear back from a school to know whether they are even interested in you or not! Talk about patience! Yikes!

Arion, I agree with everything you've said and I thank you for your prayer. If anything, that is the hardest thing, to be at peace regardless of what God decides and despite what I desire. I like to think, albeit selfishly, that, the desires of our heart if they are good are placed there by God Himself.

In Christ,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »

Praying for you brother! The closest one to me is Chicago, but I'm sure we could meet in Des Moines or one of the Missouri ones too.  8)

God's will be done!

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »

Ohio University where the wife works. :D

Craig

se7en

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »

Awesome list! But none close to me :(  I will pray for ya brother, God has it all planned out! :)
~Se7en

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the prayers.
Jesse, it would be amazing to meet you some day for some coffee and some good laughs!
Craig, ill be sure to add the Ohio university to my list of targets for application.

A little update;

I have sent out my applications to the M.D. schools in california, only three of them. UCI, UCR and Loma linda (religious medical school). I will also be sending out an application to St. Goerge's of the carribeans as this is probably the most likely of the M.D. schools to accept me.

I'm awaiting some information on a Job I applied for tutoring highschool kids in physics, chemistry, biology and calculus before sending in my D.O. applications to the schools you see listed above.

Its all in God's hands. I have until the start of next year to turn in my application for the schools listed above so I don't have to rush this and I can give it time to try and spruce up my application. Which is what I'm doing waiting on the news of this job I'm trying to land. I didn't have this luxury with the M.D. schools though as they require applications for the fall of 2014 to be in by the end of this summer and hence why those are already out.

Anyway, it would be a dream come true to one day, be able to attend God's flock with all their medical needs and then some! I would of course, help all people by His grace, though it be not I, but Christ in me!

Thanks again for all your prayers and support.

Kindly,

Alex

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »

Hi alex. You are a very impressive young brother.  Your diligence will be rewarded.  Was wondering exactly where St. George's of the Caribbeans is located?

Claudia
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:45:29 AM by cjwood »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 03:17:04 PM »

Hi alex. You are a very impressive young brother.  Your diligence will be rwarded.  Was wondering exactly where St. George's of the Caribbeans is located?

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

St. Goerge's University is located on the island of Grenada, in the West Indies.

Here is a google maps of it, you can zoom out and get a feel for where exactly that is; https://maps.google.com/maps?q=St.+Georges+of+the+carribeans&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

Here is the school's website: http://www.sgu.edu/

I'd prefer, of course, to stay in the U.S. and I will be aiming to do just that. St. Goerge's is a very plausible last resort.

ez2u

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 09:34:25 AM »

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL    Deadline: 04/01/14 Midnight ES  that is the city next door to me.  please let us know how it goes

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »

I was telling my son Brian last night about when I was a teenage and I applied for a job at a General Motors 'Cut-and-Sew' factory in Detroit where I grew-up (cut-and-sew is where they make seat-covers, carpets, etc.).

If I had gotten that job I would most likely still be in the Detroit area, never moved to Mobile, met Ray Smith,  start Bible-Truths.com, my kids would all have been raised in Detroit, and the many people who followed us down here would most likely still be in the Detroit area.

These thinks are easy to see in hind-sight but not so easy to understand when it's happening.

We have a good teaching hospital here in Mobile. http://www.usahealthsystem.com/

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 07:54:17 PM »

Hey everyone! Thanks for your input and prayers. I have officially sent out my DO applications as of today. I don't know when I will find out if anyone is interested in my applications but when I do, I will let you all know. I applied to 9 of the listed DO schools above.

I may get rejected by all, that would be a setback indeed but God willing, only a minor one. If it happens that way, I'll be retaking my MCAT in 2014 to reapply for the next upcoming year of 2015.

Please keep me in your busy and every growing list of people in need of prayer if you can. I would greatly appreciate it and don't be yourself up over forgetting if you do. I know there are many other people here in much greater need of prayer than myself.

God bless all!

Alex

gregorydc

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »

Alex,
  Being in greater need doesn't mean less important. Your are my brother and are important to God too. His love can be spread over many or few however he pleases. We ask for you because you ask of us, our love is guided by God. In love and respect is how I am moved to pray, for you, and others. Never feel your prayer requests are less important that someone elses. A scratch on the finger, or the passing of a loved one, sometimes is as painful as the other. Peace to you brother, with much love.
  Greg

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 11:20:10 PM »

i agree with janine, nicely said and inspiring to boot. 

alex, you have the BEST headhunter there is in God your Father.  He knows where you will fit best in your endeavor in the medical field.  i have no doubts about that little brother.

claudia

loretta

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 07:00:54 AM »

Praying for you Alex, that you might have peace in the moment.  I'm sure you will make an excellent doctor.  May He Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel Ps.20:4

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 05:04:50 PM »

Thank you Greg for the very encouraging post. I do try my best as humanly possible to remember those in need of prayer but I am often times, shamefully, forgetful.

A big thank you to all of you who are praying for me.

John, I appreciate the great reminder and will have to get that paper another read. It's been a while.

Loretta, thanks a bunch for that piece of scripture. Mighty words indeed.

Claudia, I believe it, every bit!

Well, there is not much else to do other than be patient at this point. I did receive some secondary application requests from Loma Linda and UCI but from what I understand, many medical schools send out secondary applications as standard procedure in order get more money out of you and not necessarily because they find you to be a good candidate. Although, they do also send out secondaries to those they are interested in so I can't really judge these secondaries any which way but I am cautiously optimistic. It's better than being flat out rejected, I suppose, which is what I was expecting to be honest. Haha. There are so many places they can turn you down, in your primary application, the secondary or if you're blessed enough to make it that far, in the interview.

Thanks again everyone for the prayer and support and I will keep you posted to the good or bad news that comes my way.

God bless,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »

Update: hey everyone. So I started getting secondary aps from many schools which is a good thing. I would like to ask for some prayer support again. I'm aiming for some interviews with the california schools including: loma linda, ucr and western university. The secondary applications have already been returned for ucr and lima linda so now I wait for refection or an interview offer. Western university secondary application I'm working on in my spare time! Anyhoo, that's what's going on. There are other schools that have sent me secondary apps but they are not california based schools. Nevertheless, I'm still workibg on those secondaries too!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.