bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thought I would share this  (Read 5086 times)

RogerH

Thought I would share this
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »

In honor of Ray's birthday.

This is pretty amazing!

http://vimeo.com/23864881

dodrill

Re: Thought I would share this
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »

Thanks for posting Roger - incredible talent :)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »

That was really cool - loved it  ;)

Thanks for posting

Rhys
🤫

deblynn

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »

I don't know if he practiced, or not.  I do know that it boggles my mind to watch him create a Jesus portrait out of what appears to be random and chaotic.  Since I have no artistic talent, I sure do tip my hat to him. Thanks for sharing! 8)

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 11:17:05 AM »

Hi Roger,
Thanks but, having trouble with "vimeo" the first photo shows up black with a faint figure of a man and an easel. Below that it says "still loading" and it never stops loading. Options below that seem to be requiring me to join something or download some items that are not explained???
At this point I am reluctant to take a chance on a download. Sorry, Indiana Bob

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »

What does it tell you you need to download? 

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »

Amazing how the brain operates, to be able to paint like that!

RogerH

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 04:05:20 PM »

Hi Roger,
Thanks but, having trouble with "vimeo" the first photo shows up black with a faint figure of a man and an easel. Below that it says "still loading" and it never stops loading. Options below that seem to be requiring me to join something or download some items that are not explained???
At this point I am reluctant to take a chance on a download. Sorry, Indiana Bob

Sorry Bob,  It's a video of this gentleman doing a painting.  You should be able to simply click in the middle of the easel or on the white arrow at the bottom left to make it play.  If it will not load for you it sounds like your internet connection is too slow.  It is only two minutes long so it should load eventually.  Try this; click the white arrow at the bottom left and when it starts loading, click the "ll" where the arrow was and it should go ahead and load.  You will see a gray line progressing to the right even though the video is not playing.  When that line gets all the way across it is fully loaded and should play with no interruptions.

There should be no download or anything to join in order to view the video

Hope that helps.

God bless,
Roger

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »

🤫

microlink

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »

Quite frankly I am not impressed with this painting thing. Not sure it is a real happening or some visual manipulation of a paint sequence.
Certainly not a tribute to the real Jesus Christ. Hope this comment does not offend anyone. Just my thought.

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 01:20:26 AM »

Thanks RogerH & Rhys.
Will try
Indiana Bob

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:21 AM »

i enjoyed the video.  i think one of the interesting things i took away from watching it was, how at first the painting was upside-down.  it wasn't until he turned it over and continued painting did the visual start coming together.  kind of like how the world views Jesus, if they view Him at all.  upside-down and disconnected.  confusing and chaotic.  until, by God's grace He rights their view and gives them eyes to see His Portrait.  His Image.  Jesus, the Christ.

of course, no person alive today can confirm what the Son of the Father looked like in person.  but on That Day we WILL see Him.  as He is. 

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 03:15:53 AM »

Quite frankly I am not impressed with this painting thing. Not sure it is a real happening or some visual manipulation of a paint sequence.
Certainly not a tribute to the real Jesus Christ. Hope this comment does not offend anyone. Just my thought.

I'm not sure about that - where did he get the talent from and clearly it's genuine - LOL

I think of my own time in church with my guitar playing which was appreciated by many for the skill I had and I always did it the best I could for the Lord with the understanding I had at the time. It's a form of art too. Was I wasting my time doing it? I don't think so. Did I hunger after God's truth when doing it? All the time.

We are all in places at different times for a reason and so is this guy. We should always be careful not to judge others for what they do. God knows and we should leave it to him. If people were talking to me like that I would of been quite annoyed. I know what's in my heart and why I do it. If was preaching a false message then like Ray did expose it but I see no problem in art.

Does it matter what He looks like? I don't think so, it's not the point. It matters who He is and what He is doing.

Rhys
🤫

RogerH

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »

Microlink,

No offense taken brother.

We are all different in the ways God has made us.  He chose not to endow me with any artistic abilities whatsoever.  I have a hard time drawing stick figures or playing the radio!!  As a result, I have a great admiration for those who possess these abilities, and recognize them as being purely from God.

Although you do not see this as a tribute to the real Jesus Christ, I see it as an attempt by this man to at least point people in the direction of Him by painting an image that seems to be internationally recognized as the man Jesus Christ who died 2000 years ago on the cross.  While it's not an official calling by the Lord, I believe it helps to bring people’s awareness to the fact that there IS a God and that Jesus (the recognized image of the painting) is the Savior of the world.  I find that rather refreshing in a world that seems to get uglier by the day!

Rhys,  Thanks brother for posting the you tube version.

God bless you brother,
Roger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.