bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does God have a plan ?  (Read 11825 times)

darren

Does God have a plan ?
« on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »

Greetings B.T. family, to me one of the best sayings Ray has tough me was and is U MUST READ THE WORDS. We have word for word in many scriptures  that tells us that God is love. These Scriptures are stated as fact, the words are God is love. Theres no guessing, opinions or speculation is to what many scriptures state word for word, God is love.  Here is my question. Can the B.T family help me find 2 or more scriptures that state as fact with the words that ( every thing that happens to humanity is all part of Gods plan). Are there any 2 or more scriptures that states  the words God has a plan. I guess Plan is the key word I'm looking for. This is very important for me at this time in my life  so i will thank you now for any help on this matter.

microlink

Re: Does God have a plan ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:36:38 PM »

Hi darren and all,

Not sure you can find one or two scriptures that summarize what you seek. Here are some scriptures that might help us build on answering your question. I am sure others will refine and contribute:

Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Act 17:24  God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25  Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:31  Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Rom 1:19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Then of course there is John 3:16

Also the OT Holy Days of God as given in Leviticus 23 reveal the plan of God.

onelovedread

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »

Darren,
The word [plan] may not be stated, but there are scriptures that deal with it, I think.
Consider:
Psalm 33: 10-11,
Proverbs 16:9, Proverbs 19:21,
Isaiah 14: 24, Isaiah 25:1,
Jeremiah 29:11,
Luke 12: 11-12,
Ephesians 1: 3-10, Ephesians 3: 1-10
and James 4: 13-16.

Man to me almost every scripture shows me God's got a plan, hahaha.

JohnChris

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 12:46:06 PM »

seems like every man is a man with a plan too, JohnChris but the Lord just laughs.

Thanks for those, I think that will be my afternoon reading.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

darren

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »

thanks Dave, JohnChris, and Microlink for taking the time to reply. would you 3 agree or disagree that God being in control of all things is the same as God has a plan?

Pierdut

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »

thanks Dave, JohnChris, and Microlink for taking the time to reply. would you 3 agree or disagree that God being in control of all things is the same as God has a plan?

Hi, if God didn't have a plan then He created this universe and the human species just just to see what would happen. But if that's the case then He doesn't know the end from the beginning, is not involved at all in our lives other than being a spectator, is not sovereign, etc. See, so you really can't say that God doesn't have a purpose and plan for this creation without demeaning and even blaspheming Him, and contradicting dozens of scriptures. I would think that sending His only begotten Son to be the Savior of the world indicates some kind of a plan, don't you think? Calling things that are not as though they were, etc.

Hope this helps. I know you wanted verses and such but I am limited to my smartphone at this time, so bear with me on this. I'm working with what I currently have at my disposal.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:09:49 AM by Pierdut »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 12:21:17 AM »

Darren, "God has a plan" is more a short description of Scriptural Truth than a "truth" unto itself, as true as it may be.

But to answer your question, I would agree that "God being in control of all things is the pretty much the same as God has a plan?" given the Scriptures John provided and many others.  The Scripture is more fleshed out.

You don't have to answer, but can I ask you why this is so important right now?   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

darren

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 09:29:49 AM »

Yes Dave the ansewer to your question for me, ( I am not being a smart *^~). I am going through a very difficlute time at this moment. Death of loved ones lost of income, my home  Things that everybody goes through. You probable know or may not I, like many many others lost everything we owned in 06 due to Katrina.
Before i continue let me point out that i am very blessed and greatfull  for what i did and will have through the grace of God.  I am just  a mear motal and concerned, being a Man from the old school it is my dutiy as a man  and the head of my household my oblagation and responsibilty to make sure my family has a roof over their heads. Food and clothing. They should not worry about such things. This is my job as protector of my family. In my opinon this is one of the reason God created man  first. Sorry enough carrying on You get the picture. That my friend is my ansewer to your question. 

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »

Keep faith, Darren.  I'm just glad to know this isn't a theological discussion.  Will pray for you as will others.  Do good always.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »

Yes Dave the ansewer to your question for me, ( I am not being a smart *^~). I am going through a very difficlute time at this moment. Death of loved ones lost of income, my home  Things that everybody goes through. You probable know or may not I, like many many others lost everything we owned in 06 due to Katrina.
Before i continue let me point out that i am very blessed and greatfull  for what i did and will have through the grace of God.  I am just  a mear motal and concerned, being a Man from the old school it is my dutiy as a man  and the head of my household my oblagation and responsibilty to make sure my family has a roof over their heads. Food and clothing. They should not worry about such things. This is my job as protector of my family. In my opinon this is one of the reason God created man  first. Sorry enough carrying on You get the picture. That my friend is my ansewer to your question.

Praying for your dear brother.

God has a plan and rest assured, He phileo's you and all His chosen. You are special to Him, take comfort in knowing that. I believe it was king solomon who said; With increasing knowledge comes increasing sorrow. We are indeed unique to our Father entirely because of His doing but the calling to be a son is high and the price, may at times, appear to be very steep. Take heart in knowing His love for you, His jealous watch over you and the desire to do all things for our benefit.

I know.. easier said than done. I'm entirely guilty of being a fool in times of distress so I admonish no brother or sister by superiority. I am certainly among the lowest when it comes to such things.

With love,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 10:35:07 PM »

Hi Darren,

Sometimes when we see things around us seemingly so out of control we do wonder if God is there or do things just happen at random, just time and chance. I am assured that things are not random, God is sovereign and therefore totally in control.

Isa 46:10  declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure;

Your life and all lives are carefully orchestrated, how else can He know "the end from the beginning"? And in our lives He is creating and incredible diverse family, bought about by the circumstances we experience. We think we are in control or trying to work out at least some things in our lives, but are we really.

Jer 10:23  I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.

Pro 16:9  The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.

God does have a plan and we need to pray for faith to trust that He does indeed have our best interest in mind in the way that things are working out, for a few now to salvation and the rest as well just a bit in the future.

Eph 1:11  in whom also we have been chosen to an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose G4286 of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will,

purpose
G4286 prothesis - a setting forth, that is, (figuratively) proposal (intention); specifically the show bread (in the Temple) as exposed before God: - purpose, shew [-bread].

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:12:17 AM by Kat »

dave

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 01:17:59 AM »

The Lord God has a plan with purpose, and attempting to understand that plan and purpose with my mind and intelligence is empty, without a path, I embrace and hold to faith(His faith) when it comes to what little my mind and intelligence may claim to have. He is Good, that's all I KNOW.

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 11:23:25 PM »

darren, in case you are still reading posts on your thread, i wanted to point to one of the Scripture references johnchris gave.  it has always been one of my favorites.

jeremiah 29:11
"for I know the plans which I am planning for you Declareth Yahweh, plans of welfare and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope."  (rotherhams)

that is a direct statement from Jesus Christ, the God of the OT, declaring to us that He most definitely has a plan.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 04:22:00 AM »

Hi Darren:

Here is a very detailed answer to your question: http://bible-truths.com/lake15-D.html

A weak ago I spend a lot of meditation time on that paper. Here is your answer:

"To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecc. 3:1).

Then it says, time for this, time for that... and the point is, EVERYTHIG has a purpose here on earth.And if God is evil, then it will be an ugly purpose, But if God is good...

Just think about the word ''pre-destination'', which is there on the Scriptures.

In my personal life experience God have been easy with me by letting me go through many things (good and bad) with very little possibilities to happen, which have made it easier for me to be able to understand a little bit this truth.

So I would put it on this way: EVERYTHIG that happens on our daily life;has the huge weight of history behind it. Therefore EVERYTHIG that happens can only go ONE WAY. God already knows (because he has already designed it) our whole life, He is like the best social enginer ever. Maybe we should not say, ''if God wills'' but ''if God already willed it''...

Moises

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:08:54 AM by Moises G. »

loretta

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 04:34:22 AM »

As I was praying today for Darren and some others who are going through great personal loss I was lead to reflect on the Lazarus narrative in John 11.  I had often wondered why Jesus wept at the tomb of Lazarus.  Why would he weep if he knew that moments later Lazarus would walk out of the tomb.  Yes, he shared the grief of the bereaved family, but weep, surely not.  I wouldn't.  But I am not God, the author of that grief!  I believe that Jesus knew that He had caused Lazarus' death, that he had caused all death since the beginning of this world.  He knew that there would always be death and destruction, despair, hunger, sadness, sorrow, loss and pain.  Everything that we would rather wish away, Jesus sovereignly ordained for our good.  Good, yes, in His wisdom and understanding.  Something that we will not comprehend in our wisdom and limited understanding, but good nonetheless.  And so Jesus hurts, just as a parent does, seeing his child cry in pain at the stab of a vaccine needle or having to go through a difficult situation for his own good. Jesus wept.  I believe that He still weeps.  I still don't understand why chidren suffer from cancer, are brutally raped and murdered.  I don't understand many things, but it is comforting that God knows understands.  That He is sovereign. In control. That He has a plan.  Only One such as Him can promise,

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Rev 21:4

se7en

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »

Darren, great question, and great replies by all! loretta, that was beautiful!

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Rev 21:4

I just wanted to expand on it a bit...

It IS for that verse right there why there are rapes and kids get cancer. How could there be tears for God to wipe away if there was nothing to grieve over? We wouldn't know how good God is if there was no evil to contrast it by. But we know this, everything we go through in the flesh in this age will be swallowed up by God's surpassing goodness! It feels tough right now, hard, but for the joy of the cross, Christ endured (as do we).

We all have to come to a knowledge of good and evil in order to be created in God's image. Eating this tree kills us yes... but it's ALL part of the awesome plan of God!!

Moises G., so true, so true. "To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecc. 3:1).

Love you guys!
~Se7en

microlink

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »

Hi,Here is something Ray responded to in one of his emails regarding God's PLAN:

If only theologians could come to understand that God is not running a damage control center from His throne of the universe. God is NOT picking up the pieces. He is not trying to get things back to being as good as they once were. He is not trying to figure out how to outsmart Satan. He is not falling behind, numerically, as far as how many will be saved and how many will be lost. God is far smarter and wiser and the stupid men who come up with these insane and blasphemous theories and doctrines.

God has a PLAN. (Wow, now there's a revelation for theologians). And God is working out that plan to perfection on a perfect schedule, and He will loose NOTHING! Paul tells us in Rom. 11:36 that ALL is out of God and THROUGH God and FOR God. God is creating man in His OWN IMAGE. It is a PROCESS. That process is on perfect schedule. It WILL be successful. Christ IS the savior of the world and therefore, He WILL SAVE THE WORLD

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 03:22:54 PM »

Reading what Ray said: "God is not running a damage control center" makes me shake my head at anyone who really believes God is not in control. After all these years at BT God being in control is as natural as breathing.

microlink

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »

Hi,

I totally agree Dennis. Its to bad only a few understand about the majesty and perfection of
god's plan of salvation. The elect know very well that all is of God. What a blessing.

loretta

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 05:28:08 AM »

It IS for that verse right there why there are rapes and kids get cancer. How could there be tears for God to wipe away if there was nothing to grieve over? We wouldn't know how good God is if there was no evil to contrast it by. But we know this, everything we go through in the flesh in this age will be swallowed up by God's surpassing goodness! It feels tough right now, hard, but for the joy of the cross, Christ endured (as do we).

We all have to come to a knowledge of good and evil in order to be created in God's image. Eating this tree kills us yes... but it's ALL part of the awesome plan of God!!

That was so profound!  :)  Tks se7en

That God is sovereign and has a plan, has settled all doubts for me.  For this and more I am so grateful to Ray and BT.

loretta
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.