bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on Ray's 2005 Nashville Bible Conference Teaching  (Read 3563 times)

onelovedread

At the 2005 Nashville Conference Ray taught:

On the called (Babylon) and the nations, God’s great tribulations are administered as an angry God full of ire, fury, fierce indignation, punishment, vengeance and WRATH, for the immediate purpose of making them angry and bitter so that they refuse to repent and only curse and damn the name of God until God destroys them.

Let's say, for example that I lose my entire family in some catastrophic event, or perhaps, that I lose my legs in a drunk driving accident, or some really horrible thing happens to me that causes me to question whether God cares for me.

And let's say that as a result I get angry and bitter and curse and damn the name of God.

Would this reaction on my part serve as proof that I was not really one of God's elect?

In such a case would it possible to determine whether I was going through tribulation administered in indignation to one of the called (Babylon) and the nations?
or
whether I, as one of the elect, was going through one of the many trials that we (chosen) must face?

Finally, does God's wrath on Babylon and the nations start at a specific time in the future?

Many questions, I know, but I am not the smartest cookie :-[
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:49:39 PM by Dave in Tenn »

Nathan

Re: Questions on Ray's 2005 Nashville Bible Conference Teaching
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »

It's difficult to answer hypothetical questions, however the underlying theme of your post seems to be the most relevant. I'm not sure if you personally have questioned whether or not you would be bitter, angry and/or curse God if your family were all to tragically die or you yourself were to lose your legs in an accident, but I think that is the question that should be meditated upon more so than the latter questions posed.

How would any of us potential "electoral" candidates respond to such tragedies? Our responses are evidence as to how far out of Babylon we have truly come. I know that is easier said than done and this is why the chosen are so few.

If we have "come out of her", then we would not become bitter, angry or curse God, knowing that this life is but a vapor and, in the end, God will be All in all. That being said (hypothetically speaking), one could initially become angry and curse God and still repent (if God were to move he or she to do so). If one repents, then the trial one goes through reveals its purpose.

In the book of Revelation, those that curse God refuse to repent. If any of us are unsure as to how we'd respond to potential tragedy in our lives or the lives of our loved ones, then there are still idols of the heart that needs to be cast down.

Matthew 12:46-50

While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. 
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 
But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.