bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Psalm 45:2 about Jesus Christ?  (Read 4346 times)

sana

Is Psalm 45:2 about Jesus Christ?
« on: July 15, 2013, 03:42:17 AM »

Just a small question..

Who is the author talking about in these verses

Ps 45:2-7 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.
Gird thy sword upon [thy] thigh, O [most] mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.
And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness [and] righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
Thine arrows [are] sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; [whereby] the people fall under thee.
Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom [is] a right sceptre.
Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Is Psalm 45:2 about Jesus Christ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 02:39:22 AM »

Sana,
It surely is the Lord Jesus.
I especially like the last sentence where it is mentions that Jesus is anointed with the oil of gladness above his fellows.
That's us, we are Lord Jesus fellows. Jesus is our Lord and he is our elder brother. That is the kind of relationship we shall have in the age to come. What a wondrous blessing we have.

sana

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:05:47 AM »

But then what about the first verse

Ps 45:2-7 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

If it is about the Lord it says He is "fairer than the children of God"

but Isaiah 53:2 says

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

Strog's dictionary. the meaning for "fairer"

H3302  yaphah  yaw-faw'

a primitive root;

properly, to be bright, i.e. (by implication) beautiful.

I remember Ray teaching about Isaiah 53.

Please help

cheekie3

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:58:36 AM »

Sana -

I believe that fairer is not about looks but character with regards the Fruit of the Spirit - more like wisdom, gentleness and goodness.

George

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

Luke 16:15 He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God's sight.

John 8:15 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one.

Acts 1:24 Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen

Genesis 4:5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

1 Samuel 2:3 "Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.

1 Kings 8:39 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart),

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

But then what about the first verse

If it is about the Lord it says He is "fairer than the children of God"

but Isaiah 53:2 says

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

Strog's dictionary. the meaning for "fairer"

H3302  yaphah  yaw-faw'

a primitive root;

properly, to be bright, i.e. (by implication) beautiful.

I remember Ray teaching about Isaiah 53.

Please help
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.