bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really?: Does God have a plan ?  (Read 4910 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Really?: Does God have a plan ?
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »

Friends and forum family.
To whom does the following verse apply? To all humans? To adult humans only? To the called and not for sure chosen?
I'm concerned because millions of children die in ignorance, even children of the called before they have the ability to discern the facts of life. Thanks, I-Bob

Rom 1:19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Thanks for your comments, Indiana Bob
= = = =

Hi darren and all,

Not sure you can find one or two scriptures that summarize what you seek. Here are some scriptures that might help us build on answering your question. I am sure others will refine and contribute:

Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Act 17:24  God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25  Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:31  Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Rom 1:19  Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Then of course there is John 3:16

Also the OT Holy Days of God as given in Leviticus 23 reveal the plan of God.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Really?: Does God have a plan ?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »

Bob, the answer is in the previous verse:

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

To whom has God showed the truth, that hold it in unrighteousness?  Not babies or little children.  You must be shown the truth before you can "hold it in unrighteousness".  Continue reading and you'll see more of who "them" is.     
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:22:40 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »

Friends and forum family.
To whom does the following verse apply? To all humans? To adult humans only? To the called and not for sure chosen?
I'm concerned because millions of children die in ignorance, even children of the called before they have the ability to discern the facts of life. Thanks, I-Bob

Indianabob,

There is no need to be concerned.  Our Creator's plan is perfect!  God's wrath is a necessary part of the ultimate salvation of all and whomever must experience His wrath are only going to benefit from it. God's wrath has a purpose and it has an end!

Rev. 15:1-4 - "Then I saw in heaven another marvelous event of great significance. Seven angels were holding the seven last plagues, which would bring God’s wrath to completion. 2 I saw before me what seemed to be a glass sea mixed with fire. And on it stood all the people who had been victorious over the beast and his statue and the number representing his name. They were all holding harps that God had given them. 3 And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb:

“Great and marvelous are your works,
    O Lord God, the Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
    O King of the nations.[a]
4 Who will not fear you, Lord,
    and glorify your name?
    For you alone are holy.
All nations will come and worship before you,
    for your righteous deeds have been revealed.”

Yes, God has a plan and it is a very good one. :)

René   

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »

God doesn't HAVE a plan.

God IS THE PLAN!  :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 05:23:25 AM »

God doesn't HAVE a plan.

God IS THE PLAN!  :)

Simple and to the point and beautifully put

Rhys
🤫

microlink

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 11:52:14 AM »

Another note on this.
As Ray has said the concordant, Rotherham, young's and Dialgott are "better" translations.
From Rotherham's and Diaglott we see the word PLAN used.

Eph 4
The Diaglott renders verse 11 thus, "According to A PLAN OF THE AGES, which He formed for the Anointed Jesus our Lord"
Rotherham says, "According to A PLAN OF THE AGES which He made in the anointed Jesus our Lord. "

se7en

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »

Just to expand a bit more on the verses like Dave did...

Romans 1:16-23

16 For not ashamed am I of the evangel, for it is God's power for salvation to everyone who is believing -- to the Jew first, and to the Greek as well.
17 For in it God's righteousness is being revealed, out of faith for faith, according as it is written: "Now the just one by faith shall be living."
18 For God's indignation is being revealed from heaven on all the irreverence and injustice of men who are retaining the truth in injustice,
19 because that which is known of God is apparent among them, for God manifests it to them.
20 For His invisible attributes are descried from the creation of the world, being apprehended by His achievements, besides His imperceptible power and divinity, for them to be defenseless,
21 because, knowing God, not as God do they glorify or thank Him, but vain were they made in their reasonings, and darkened is their unintelligent heart.
22 Alleging themselves to be wise, they are made stupid,
23 and they change the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of a corruptible human being and flying creatures and quadrupeds and reptiles.

These people are carnal yet babes in Christ, being cold and not hot, not continuing and abiding in God's word to maturity. When the Word references "The World" it's speaking of "the church" and vice versa, babylon (it's one and the same). Mankind, all mankind has a covenant with God wether they know it or not. Through Adam ALL die, but through Christ ALL live. All humanity lives and breathes and moves in Christ. But Christ is not IN (having His doctrine and mindset) everyone... yet.

For all that is in "the world", "the church".... lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. It's VANITY, it's humanity, it's "the church" until we come out of it and acknowledge Christ living His life IN US. It's no longer I who lives, but CHRIST who lives in me.  I pop out of my momma's belly subject to vanity, everyone is in the same condition, and at God's awesome appointed time, he drags us out....

Those who abide/continue in God's Word KNOW the truth, and the truth makes us free.

For the elect now, we abide and continue in God's word. the many still stay carnal in vanity, not going on into maturity.... until the great white throne.

We the elect are currently now going through our great white throne age, being judged now. You know what judgement is? THIS, right here right now, is judgement/grace/chastisement. God is causing "the world", "the church", to kill us. We are having the wood hay and stubble burned out of us now.

The many will experience this too, but at a later date. They will be angry and nash their teeth in frustration. I was angry with God at first when he showed me I had no free will. I threw a big baby fit! I cried and cried. But thank you Lord He kept dragging me through it so that I may know Him, the Truth.

Bob you asked... "To whom does the following verse apply? To all humans? To adult humans only? To the called and not for sure chosen? I'm concerned because millions of children die in ignorance, even children of the called before they have the ability to discern the facts of life. Thanks, I-Bob"

Don't worry Bob, I know how you feel,  I've had the same thoughts as you and asked the same questions. The verses apply to all humans... but in God's appointed time in each individual's life. If they don't go through judgement/grace now, they (the many, the world) will physically die in this age...  be resurrected...  be taught to understand (by grace and truth and judgement) and go through it later.  All babies, all adults, all aborted babies, people born with no legs or no arms, transvestites, all kids, ALL HUMANITY. Don't worry, about a thing, Christ has got them covered :)

Wow, I could just go on and on, I love Jesus's style! I hoped this helped Bob!

Like Rhy's and Arcturus said... God IS THE PLAN! :)
~Se7en
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.