bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Collection of Ray's Teaching in printed format  (Read 62184 times)

Rhyde

Collection of Ray's Teaching in printed format
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »

Does anyone have a printed collection of Ray's teachings? I would love to have them without having to print the 1000s of pages myself. I will pay for cost of printing & shipping. I really would like to be able to reference for years to come without having to rely on the internet.
Thanks
Rocky Hyde

acomplishedartis

Re: Collection of Ray's Teaching in printed format
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 04:06:49 AM »

You can save the material in your computer by just clicking ''file'' and then ''save as'' while the page you want to save is open.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »

This is a link to a printing of The Lake Of Fire on sale at Lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/l-ray-smith/the-lake-of-fire/paperback/product-12469615.html

Kat

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 01:03:08 PM »

Thanks very much Kat for the link to the published book.$14.00 is quite reasonable for over 500 letter size pages
One question before I order.
Do you know the font size?
I have trouble reading small print even with glasses and use the copies saved on my computer because I can enlarge.
So I am wondering about the print size.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Indiana Bob

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 01:18:19 PM »

Hi Bob, I don't know exactly what size it is, but it is not small. I would say it compares to the size of the actual print on the article on the BT site.

Kat

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »

Thank you for the kind response.
Ole, eyesore, Indiana bob

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »

hi kat.  i never knew it was available to purchase ray's essays in book form.  do you know if any of the proceeds go back to the bt website?  was just wondering.

claudia

Kat

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »

Claudia, what I understand is that this is done at cost. There are no proceeds to go anywhere.

Kat

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »

There are no proceeds, the cost is what Lulu charges to print it.

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »

what a blessing lulu is to ray.  even in his death.  does anyone know if he was aware of this book format for sale (at cost)?

claudia

p.s.  i have several binders full of the lake of fire series i printed.  for it all to be in one book is something i am interested in.

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 12:54:50 AM »

Hey Claudia,
That would make a nice Coffee Table book.
Order five copies and save on the shipping charge.
You're sure to have a conversation starter when the friends visit.
Then you can simply say,
I think you would appreciate it more if you took it home to read at your convenience.
Pretty soon the news would be all over town.
Indiana Bob  ;D

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 01:54:02 AM »

not a bad idea indi bob.  maybe wrap them up and give to family members when they celebrate christmas.  hmmmm?  they can read or toss.  their blessing or their loss.  and all is of God.

claudia

Stacey

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »

I had a copy of this book but I'm happy to report it found its way to a co-worker of mine who questioned me about God and what I believe. It has been the subject of many great discussions between us so far.

It was a wise investment. Time to order more  :)

Someone was asking about the font size. I have bad eyes and can tell you that the font seemed big even to me. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.
Stacey

Craig

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »

The book and font was made purposely large for those with failing sight.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »

Ray would not allow this to be know because he was adamant about anyone not selling anything he wrote. But I don't see a problem with this as long as NOTHING has been changed, including the typo's.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:06:23 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Kat

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »

I understand that the Scripture does state "Freely you have received, freely give," and I do believe that this site supports that in every way, there is nothing for sale here.

The book is produced by Lulu Enterprises sold on their site for the cost of printing and publishing, it is purely a service to get the material into the hands people that desire to have it and nobody profits, "Lulu claims no commission if the work is offered free of royalties." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lulu_(company)

Anyway this is done in a spirit of good will with no profit involved and God looks on the heart of a matter.

Kat

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »

ALL is of God the Father.  ALL of it.  EVEN this book format of ray's studies.  ALL.  for HIS purpose.

claudia

Craig

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 05:01:02 PM »

I have a problem with selling spiritual truths.  Jesus said, "Freely you received, freely give."

I do too, but watch how far you take that thought process.  I for one have never owned a bible that I did not pay for.  You do not get on the website or forum for free.  You pay for the computing device, internet service and electricity. If a person wants the Lake of Fire in a book form you pay for the price to print the book, you can also download it for free, you can also print it out.  But either of these ways cost, you pay for the paper, electricity etc.

Ray nor anybody affiliated with him makes a penny in profit for this in any way.

Craig

indianabob

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »

I have a problem with selling spiritual truths.  Jesus said, "Freely you received, freely give."

I cannot picture Peter, John, or Paul selling the truth at any price.

Hi John, please consider the following passage from scripture;
Thanks, Indiana Bob

1 Corinthians 9:7-14

7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?

8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?

9 For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?

14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

I am okay with the printing of this pages, sometimes is nice to have the pages for just in case if the world collapse and we can't afford electricity ;)    I don't own many books. Most of what I read is on my computer. Actually if I had everything I got on my computer printed; I would have a nice big library, a library which I am not be able to afford otherwise.

Now days, (at least where I live) having a computer is not luxury, I believe the spirit of the matter with 'material things' is : not to make a shame of the brothers who have nothing, try to be always thankful and keep a good conscience. 

1Co 8:6  Yet, to us, there is one God the Father, of whom are all things, and, we, for him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and, we, through him.

1Co 10:26  For, unto the Lord, belongeth the earth, and the fullness thereof.

1Co 10:31  Whether, therefore, ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do, all things to the glory of God.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:54:50 AM by Moises G. »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.